Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Four new characters revealed!

Golden Star

Over on Twitter, Taye Diggs, Liev Schrieber, Kristin Chenoweth and Emilly Blunt have officially revealed the names and designs of the characters they will be playing in the movie! The links have all been posted (or re-posted) here on the movie's official Twitter page: https://twitter.com/MLPMovie

Edited by Golden Star
  • Brohoof 6

Cool. I really like the appearance of the storm king and looking forward to see what his character is like. Plus I find it interesting that Capper looks like some kinda cat pirate person, and Skystar looks like she could be a Flutter pony.

I noticed a lot of people calling The Storm King a discount Tirek, but I think he looks cool

I thought Capper was weird, but apparently people say he's a reference to G1's Catrina

Princess Skystar is a cutie

Tempest Shadow is already getting bombarded with "edgy oc" comments, but she's one of the first characters I remember with a broken horn

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 6

I'm just glad that catpeople from one of the previous generations are back! I wonder if they will at least mention Catrina in the movie (probably not, but still).

As for the others... A Tirek look-alike, another princess and a broken-horned unicorn - I'll withhold my judgement for now.

• Brohoof 2

Two look somewhat interesting at first glance, one looks semi unoriginal and kind of generic, one looks awful... I mean seriously, Capper looks like a Cats Don't Dance reject. All of this is just going by a glance though... have to wait for more information to base a final decision on them.

• Brohoof 3

I hope Capper is one of the main protagonist,  he kinda remind me of Buck from Ice age.

But again, seriously no colts?? Why am I not surprise...Oh sure have the guy be the monster and the ladies be  the pony. That goes to show you,they did not bother make a change whatsoever.

• Brohoof 2

The Storm King has a decent shot at being a legit villain, and I am liking some of the alternative animations for these new ponies. Seems thing is My Little Pony is really starting the hype phase, I think we get some previews for the season or something in a couple weeks. I feel as if this is the moment people are getting pulled back into the fandom for, it is perhaps some form of a new beginning or something to build off the upcoming content of the show. I don't know, I have a good feeling about the shell of the project so far. I think they are gonna mix some old and new, with style and character nuances, but ultimately I think this is something that is going to give this fandom its second pulse.

• Brohoof 1

The New Characters from the MLP Movie looks so Cool!

I really do Like the Storm King, Capper and Skystar but I like the Storm King More!

Edited by Zachary

Cool. I really like the appearance of the storm king and looking forward to see what his character is like. Plus I find it interesting that Capper looks like some kinda cat pirate person, and Skystar looks like she could be a Flutter pony.

Indeed, some are calling Skystar "Good Queen Chrysalis"

They all look so cool! I especially like Capper because he's a cat and I like cats. It's definitely nice to see more diversity among the characters! Now I'm just really looking forward to seeing the movie.  :idea:

The Storm King looks like he's related to Tirek. This character is probably the main antagonist.

Tampest Shadow, probably a pawn to the Storm King who starts off as a villain, but turns good near the end of the film.

Princess Skystar, either a character the Mane Six are gonna be sent to when they receive their mission, or probably a damsel in distress, or both.

Capper... no clue who he's gonna turn out to be. Not the brightest idea. If I had to guess... someone the Mane Six and Spike are gonna meet in their travels, or maybe an employee of Princess Skystar. Hey, perhaps he could be Princess Skystar's version of Spike! A cat pal for him! :3

Edited by MegaSean45

I AM SO EXITED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! NO EMOJI CAN EXPRESS MY HYPE!!! 

I LOVE THE CAT SO MUCH. I totally didnt expected a talking cat in this G4 universe. specially when rarity has a cat  :love:

I love his desing, and for its looks it seems smug and kinda mischievous. maybe im wrong but i love that personality trait in characters (aladdin and flynn from tangled my husbandos :toldya: )

princess skystar is so lovely. instead a flutterpony i see that shes more like a cool re-desing of seaponies. need to see the rest of her body, i hope its a meirmaid tail xD i never liked the designs of the original seaponies, so creepy for me. but this one is perfect so i really hope its one and we get to see the sea of equestria :wub:

then sorm king eh, its cool. need to see the rest of his body too. looks like a snow monkey. i fear cause i dont want a snowy villan so the movie takes places in a snowy area xD i had enought with crystal empire and its snow like twice

tempest shadow imo looks like an OC xD love her body shape and face & her broken horn. i need to be used to her hairstyle. stil exited. cant wait to know all their personalities.

AAAAAH HYPEEEE  :love:  :love:

I think Capper will be the captain first mate the Mane 6 meet with and hire to take them wherever it is on the ocean they are supposed to get to to visit these sea ponies, and his ship will get sunk and he'll have to tag along with them to get back home.

Edited by Truffles

No that I think that about it, 

Capper looks like a similar cat person like Katrina from the second 80's MLP special

The Storm King looks like FIM's version of Tirek who was a reboot of Tirek from Rescue from Midnight Castle

Princess Skystar looks like a flutter pony,

and there are going to be sea ponies in the film.

It seems like there are going to be a lot of things/characters that appear to have returned from the 80's version of MLP.

I wonder if there is going to be anything else like that to be announced.

No that I think that about it, 

Capper looks like a similar cat person like Katrina from the second 80's MLP special

The Storm King looks like FIM's version of Tirek who was a reboot of Tirek from Rescue from Midnight Castle

Princess Skystar looks like a flutter pony,

and there are going to be sea ponies in the film.

It seems like there are going to be a lot of things/characters that appear to have returned from the 80's version of MLP.

I wonder if there is going to be anything else like that to be announced.

I AM SO EXITED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! NO EMOJI CAN EXPRESS MY HYPE!!! 

I LOVE THE CAT SO MUCH. I totally didnt expected a talking cat in this G4 universe. specially when rarity has a cat  :love:

I love his desing, and for its looks it seems smug and kinda mischievous. maybe im wrong but i love that personality trait in characters (aladdin and flynn from tangled my husbandos :toldya: )

princess skystar is so lovely. instead a flutterpony i see that shes more like a cool re-desing of seaponies. need to see the rest of her body, i hope its a meirmaid tail xD i never liked the designs of the original seaponies, so creepy for me. but this one is perfect so i really hope its one and we get to see the sea of equestria :wub:

then sorm king eh, its cool. need to see the rest of his body too. looks like a snow monkey. i fear cause i dont want a snowy villan so the movie takes places in a snowy area xD i had enought with crystal empire and its snow like twice

tempest shadow imo looks like an OC xD love her body shape and face & her broken horn. i need to be used to her hairstyle. stil exited. cant wait to know all their personalities.

AAAAAH HYPEEEE  :love:  :love:

skystar is not a flutterpony (sadly), as you can see from her full bodypost-23572-0-49061600-1486757165_thumb.jpg
  • Brohoof 1

Gotta admit that I am really digging the new characters here. The hype is real my friends. :)

• Brohoof 1

hmmm, can i get them in my happy meal? :P

Seriously though, not bad actually. I love that face of that cat character. He is like "yeah, this is a pony movie. What did you expect? Marry Freakin poppins?"

• Brohoof 2

capper makes me

f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg

The universe of equestria should be very, very low on Anthropomorphic characters, and a full, outright furry cat guy with clothes and everything comes off as really wrong for the universe.

I like The other ones, though still think the storm king looks kind of bleh. Is he supposed to be a yeti I wonder? he kind of looks like one. I like tempest though, though her name sounds like a pegasi's name, not a unicorns.

• Brohoof 2