Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Four new characters revealed!

Golden Star

To me Capper is the most interesting one, since we have never seen cat-people in G4 before (not even in the comics, if I am not mistaken) and I was waiting for them to appear, since I have heard from Catrina a few years ago.

His coat makes it seem like he could be either a magician (like Catrina) or a thief. Maybe he is even Catrina's son (I mean, when Twilight Velvet is supposed to be Twilight from G1...).

Also my main OC was supposed to be a cat-person, but since they did not exist in G4 until now, I made it a unicorn instead. :I

Tempest does kind of look like an OC. 

The first thing I thought when I saw her was that she is a badass unicorn version of one of my OCs, because they have a very similar color scheme.

But her appearance makes me curious where she is coming from.

The Storm King looks like Tirek's grandpa to me. .3.

Over all not that interesting in my opinion. 

Princess Skystar has a very ironic name, since she is probably a mermare and lives in the ocean. ö-ô

The thing that caught my eye the most was her pearl because it reminds me of the jewels of the sirens. What makes me wonder if sirens are just evil/corrupted mermares?

That first character made me think of Grogar and Tirek being fused together to form him, and the cat character certainly caught me by surprise as I wasn't expecting anything like that regarding MLP.

The Storm King looks a pretty nifty villain. Fairly original overall despite a surface resemblance to Tirek (angular, male and grumpy-looking).

Princess Skystar gives me the heebie-jeebies. Far too similar in appearance to brainless G1 rulers for my tastes. Hopefully she gets some decent characterisation besides "Ohnoes, Storm King is breaking my country, Mane Six go save the world plz".

Capper is epic. Those eyebrows won me over instantly. His existence kinda implies that Opalescence is sentient and possibly plotting world domination, but I'm pretty sure we knew that already.

And Tempest Shadow. She looks exactly like what OC sites tell you not to make an OC look like. In short, she scares me. If she's an angsty orphaned villainous second-in-command who goes all heel-face-turn and is instrumental in saving the world... well, there goes any credibility she may have had in my books.

• Brohoof 1

The new Princess is defiantly a Sea Pony and because of that I do believe Capper is a pirate, that's is what the coat reminds me of, a captain, and they are going to be involved with each other some how. Maybe Capper starts out as a villain or is one, (you would think a pirate would be) and kidnaps/attacks/does something to the sea pony kingdom.

Not sure about the other two but I am quite positive Capper is a pirate regardless of his exact role.

Edited by PonyOfWar

I had hoped that the seaponies would have a Queen and Princesses was just Equestrian thing. And hoped to see an alicorn villain.

However I am hyped, great to see something new finally. Tempest Shadow is my favorite desing, I wonder if she is hero or villain? Or anti-hero?

Over on Twitter, Taye Diggs, Liev Schrieber, Kristin Chenoweth and Emilly Blunt have officially revealed the names and designs of the characters they will be playing in the movie! The links have all been posted (or re-posted) here on the movie's official Twitter page: https://twitter.com/MLPMovie

make that five new characters

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2017/2/10/1359645__safe_my+little+pony-colon-+the+movie_spoiler-colon-my+little+pony+movie_captain+celaeno_zoe+saldana.jpeg

• Brohoof 2

The character which Zoe Saldana speaks is also released. I am not sure what Kind she is. She klooks like a griffon, but I can't see wings. 

1359645__safe_my+little+pony-colon-+the+

Someone on Derpibooru wrote that Celaeno is the name of a harpy. So, she could be one of those.

Edited by Aya. K.

The picture a little bit bigger. Yes, she is definitelly not a griffon (no wings). A harpie sounds interesting. 

1359677__safe_captain+celaeno_my+little+

I think the "tail" is just hair of her voice actress. .3.

Cool. I like how the four characters look to be from four different races/species.

Although...until an official trailer gets released, I want to avoid potential spoilers, so don't expect me in the topics about the MLP 2017 Movie

To me Capper is the most interesting one, since we have never seen cat-people in G4 before (not even in the comics, if I am not mistaken) and I was waiting for them to appear, since I have heard from Catrina a few years ago.

His coat makes it seem like he could be either a magician (like Catrina) or a thief. Maybe he is even Catrina's son (I mean, when Twilight Velvet is supposed to be Twilight from G1...).

Also my main OC was supposed to be a cat-person, but since they did not exist in G4 until now, I made it a unicorn instead. :I

Tempest does kind of look like an OC. 

The first thing I thought when I saw her was that she is a badass unicorn version of one of my OCs, because they have a very similar color scheme.

But her appearance makes me curious where she is coming from.

The Storm King looks like Tirek's grandpa to me. .3.

Over all not that interesting in my opinion. 

Princess Skystar has a very ironic name, since she is probably a mermare and lives in the ocean. ö-ô

The thing that caught my eye the most was her pearl because it reminds me of the jewels of the sirens. What makes me wonder if sirens are just evil/corrupted mermares?

Nothing scarier then a crotchety old coot. Especially when they can shoot lightning at you. Ask Luke Skywalker.

I love them! Storm King looks badass and intimidating, and Princess Skystar looks so cute! I'm really hoping Capper sounds like a suave gentlemen like Nyanta in the english dub of Log Horizon.

Actually, now that I think about it, Storm King looks an evil Rafiki to me, which is terrifying.

Tempest Shadow though... is edgy OC personified. Let's go down the list, shall we?

Scar across the eye? Check.

Broken horn, which I did not even notice at first? Check.

Dark color scheme (even if I love it)? Check.

Mane like a mohawk? Check.

Pitch black armor that makes me think she might be working for the villain? Check. 

Just give her a dark, and brooding past and you'll be all set. Although, I kinda hope she's like Spitfire in that she can be harsh and rude, but deep down is really a nice and kind pony. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 2