Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Lunchables. Do you still eat them?

ManaMinori

I loved Lunchables back in the 90's, as a kid and teen. I see them still in stores, but with new food choices and packaging. However, even in my 30's, I sometimes can't resist the call of nostalgia, and get the old school, simple cheese pizza ones.

Does anyone still eat lunchables, as an adult?

• Delighted Giggle 1

Ugh, no.

A being as divine as Rarity could never indulge in such unsatisfactory confection.

I know they're not that great, but as I said, I only eat them on occasion, for nostalgias sake

...And if Rarity can put BURNT JUICE past her lips. ..

I used to enjoy having the chocolate pizza one but since that stuff doesn't satisfy me anymore, I just stick with making my own food.

I don't recall that one. But hey, Reese's are SO much better, as far as chocolate options go

I don't recall that one. But hey, Reese's are SO much better, as far as chocolate options go

I think it was chocolate and had some M&Ms for toppings.  Was it a lunchable...?  I can't quite recall right now.  No wait, it was a regular pizza/chocolate pizza combo.

Edited by Thuja

I'm probably in the minority here in that I LOVE Lunchables.  They sell them in the student store on the ground floor of my dorm.  I occasionally get the meat and cheese crackers as snacks, and the pepperoni pizza ones for light meals when the dining center is closed or there's nothing appetizing available.

• Brohoof 3

These days, the only thing holding me back is the price. They are a tad overpriced. If that wasn't the case, I would totally eat them still! The pizza ones specifically, they are great. Would be nice to stock up on a bunch of them to have as a snack if I feel a tad hungry. The nostalgia is just a bonus.

• Brohoof 2

I used to eat them nearly every day after school, growing up. Both Lunchables and the generic Lunch Makers.

I haven't had any in seven years, save for the two I had within the last month. I thoroughly enjoyed the popcorn chicken "kaboble" one that was not around when I was a kid. While I'd of thought the pizza one would bring many joyous memories, it just kinda sucked, imo. Fun to assemble, tho  :catface:

I don't see myself buying them on a regular basis anytime soon, however. The actual Lunchables are way too overpriced and not really filling, and the less-pricey Lunch Makers just seem to be cheese, ham, and crackers. I'd much rather just buy Ritz, a block of cheese, and a bag of pepperoni at that point.

These days, the only thing holding me back is the price. They are a tad overpriced. If that wasn't the case, I would totally eat them still! The pizza ones specifically, they are great. Would be nice to stock up on a bunch of them to have as a snack if I feel a tad hungry. The nostalgia is just a bonus.

true, they are pricey, but I found some for a dollar a pop at my local 99 cent store. Not a bad price of course, I stocked up

I remember enjoying making and eating the pizza one when I was a kid, but it honestly wasnt that great from what I remember. Better than a generic cold coldcut wrap though. I dont think ive had one in roughly 10 years, instead I just throw together my own ingredients rather than the stuff they prepackaged together.

Im 30 years old and yes...yes I do. Even at work.

You'll see me make those crappy little Frisbee pizzas with artificial ingredients(seriously the pepperoni is just flavored sausage) but I dont care!

isn't all pepperoni just flavored sausage? And isn't all sausage supposed to be flavorful? (Asks the vegetarian)