Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Lunchables. Do you still eat them?

ManaMinori

isn't all pepperoni just flavored sausage? And isn't all sausage supposed to be flavorful? (Asks the vegetarian)

Well if you wanna get all metaphysical then I suppose yeah  :catface: 

I mean technically pepperoni is a sausage but its got other ingredients. The ones in lunchables are just artificially flavored. In fact most of the "food" products in lunchables are artificial.

Bologna

BOLOGNA MADE WITH CHICKEN & PORK – MECHANICALLY SEPARATED CHICKEN, WATER, PORK, CORN SYRUP, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SALT, POTASSIUM LACTATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, SODIUM DIACETATE, SODIUM ASCORBATE, FLAVOR, SODIUM NITRITE, EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA, POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, SUGAR, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE.

Cheese

PASTEURIZED PREPARED AMERICAN CHEESE PRODUCT – MILK, WHEY, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, MILKFAT, SODIUM CITRATE, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SALT, LACTIC ACID, SORBIC ACID AS A PRESERVATIVE, OLEORESIN PAPRIKA (COLOR), ANNATTO (COLOR), ENZYMES, CHEESE CULTURE, WITH STARCH ADDED FOR SLICE SEPARATION.

Also to note "cheese product" is different than cheese. Just like "Wyngz" are not actually chicken wings. http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/blogs/what-are-digiornos-wyngz-made-of

Lunchables you say? I have heard of these. I have not tried them. This is strange to me since I hardly ever let a fast and, dare I say junk food, snack get past me. I will sample this thing called the Lunchable. Thence I shall render my decision.  :proud:

• Brohoof 2

My parents weren't too keen on me having Lunchables because they didn't think they were that healthy. I might have had a Lunchables once or twice as a "special treat", though. I've not eaten any as an adult, but wouldn't be opposed to trying one just to see what they taste like.

• Brohoof 1

woah these were popular too here (Spain) in the 90s. Sadly now they dont sell them anymore. EXTINTED HERE! (and i mean all the brands, not just "oscar mayer launchables")

I loved them so much, though i just ate when other kids at school had and gave me one lmao

still i wish they were sold here. I love trash food lmao and I would love to eat them just as snacks.

I read rom yall that theyre overpriced so better just buy some crackers, chese ansd ham by myself lmao  :love:

Edited by Tropico

Against my better culinary judgement, I sometimes grab the pepperoni pizza lunchables. They put crack in it or something because I love the taste! also, I will make the meat cheese cracker sandwiches myself sometimes

I remember them being really popular when I was a kid... along with Go-Tarts (if anyone remembers those). I think I had a lunchable once as a kid, thought it tasted disgusting, and never had one since then... hell I didn't even know they were still even a thing till now.

I hate to think what goes into this stuff.

Ditto

I haven't had one of those since around 2011, the last time I went to college/university, as I would take one along as part of my lunch though I preferred the ham as opposed to the turkey meat.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here used to eat them back in the day, where the pizza ones used to come with the red plastic pizza spreader thing? I haven't seen any of those in a really long time. Am I just making it up, or did they really come with those?

• 2 weeks later...