Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long do you want the movie to be?

ggg-2

Thee and a half hours. Give LOTR a run for it's money. But seriously, it could use a long runtime given how much of an issue MLP has with rushed pacing. So give the writers plenty of time to tell a coherent narrative. 

I'd say anything between 105 minutes to 2 hours (it should be at least 100 minutes without credits). 

Like I said before: I prefer 132 or 140 minutes instead...Well to be fair, they always do it to Bollywood movies, right?

Thee and a half hours. Give LOTR a run for it's money. But seriously, it could use a long runtime given how much of an issue MLP has with rushed pacing. So give the writers plenty of time to tell a coherent narrative. 

So exactly! Make it 2 hours like Bollywood movies instead! Maybe like 140 mins, right?

• Brohoof 1

So exactly! Make it 2 hours like Bollywood movies instead! Maybe like 140 mins, right?

That's WAAAAAAY too long. Also Bollywood has nothing to do with Hollywood nor MLP. IMO make the film around 100-110 min.

(edited)

I want to be about 90 minutes or so, but am expecting 80-90.

Oh sure, that would make it short, but between you and me I doubt Hasbro really cares :(

(animated) Movies based on toys and/or begat by cartoon shows usually aren't very long. As much as I want it to be long enough to tell a good story, it's not like Hasbro cares about telling a story (let alone a good one)...

Edited by Jangocoolguy

Which movie is this? I don't recognise it.

^Its Peter Jackson's King Kong (aka the one that was like 3 and a half hours xD)

Everyone complained about the movie being too damn long, but I absolutely LOVED the length. Made it so immersive and epic, like a real EXPERIENCE!

• Brohoof 2

What is more important, is how long the movie FEELS

i want it to feel like 30 min, rather than feeling like a million hours long.

More important to the actual length is how good it is.
I'm sure we'd all be happier with a a fantastic 70 min film than with a weak 120 min film.  

• Brohoof 1

What is more important, is how long the movie FEELS

i want it to feel like 30 min, rather than feeling like a million hours long.

More important to the actual length is how good it is.

I'm sure we'd all be happier with a a fantastic 70 min film than with a weak 120 min film.  

I agree. But if the movie is amazing, I want as much AMAZING as possible, you know? I mean, anything under 4 hours would be fine with me, but I would personally prefer 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours runtime.

• Brohoof 1

90 mins(not including the intro and credits(which could be +5-6(x2) mins more)). 

But after seeing spoilers on youtube, it might be longer. 

i wish it could be more than 1h30min. 

Edited by MissDiamond

90 mins(not including the intro and credits(which could be +5-6(x2) mins more)). 

Are you serious?^ I haven't seen any spoilers, but I was convinced there was no way it would be over 1 1/2 hours. This is great news for me if its true! \(^o^)/

Oh wow! I haven't seen anything on YouTube about the movie so far. Maybe I'll have to go searching later.

Maybe I haven't made that clear. I only saw the voice actors for the certain characters on YT, that's why I said it might be longer than usual.... 

I don't lie though, I thought I shouldn't be talking about voice actors so I said it was a spoiler. 

Eh. 

Maybe I haven't made that clear. I only saw the voice actors for the certain characters on YT, that's why I said it might be longer than usual.... 

I don't lie though, I thought I shouldn't be talking about voice actors so I said it was a spoiler. 

Eh. 

Oh ok! That makes more sense then. I though you saw clips or something, I honestly can't remember what I was thinking.