Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Characters of the MLP Movie Chat Thread [NEW POLL QUESTION]

Valeska

Thoughts on the New MLP Movie Characters  

35 users have voted

1. 1. What new character interests you the most?

• The Storm King
    • Princess Skystar
    • Capper
    • Tempest Shadow
    • Captain Celaeno
    • Queen Novo
    • Grubber
    • Stratus Skyranger
    • None
  2. 2. What new introduced species are you most excited for?

• Seaponies
    • Anthros
    • Hippogriffs
    • Other (Storm King Species)
    • Other (Grubber Species)

Holy crap! An actual hippogriff! I was not expecting that one! O_O

To be completely honest, I had never even heard of a hippogriff until today. They seem pretty cool though. I wonder what role he will play.

I added another poll question. Check it out!

To be completely honest, I had never even heard of a hippogriff until today. They seem pretty cool though. I wonder what role he will play.

I added another poll question. Check it out!

Have you never red Harry Potter?! Buckbeak and and the rest? But they are very rare in fiction, but fit perfectly for MLP and I believe many have wanted to see them for a while.

• Brohoof 1

Have you never red Harry Potter?! Buckbeak and and the rest? But they are very rare in fiction, but fit perfectly for MLP and I believe many have wanted to see them for a while.

No, I haven't. I don't think I ever will to be completely honest. My sister did mention this to me since she is a new Harry Potter Fan.

No, I haven't. I don't think I ever will to be completely honest. My sister did mention this to me since she is a new Harry Potter Fan.

Why not? If you like MLP you should like Harry Potter too, they are similar in many ways. I usually say MLP is like Disney+Friends+Harry Potter but a bit more girly and kiddie when people wonder why you would watch MLP. Of course you don't have to or anything but I was just wondering is there some reason you don't think Harry Potter is good.

• Brohoof 1

Capper and Tempest interest me the most. Both have dark pasts. Tempest might be similar to Luna in some ways, she might be evil and turn good in some point, although still having trouble fitting in because of her reputation. Or she might be a full on villain (which I wouldn't mind. MLP already has many reformed characters) or an anti-hero, more in the gray area (this would be interesting).

I wonder if Capper is "turned hero" already in the beginning, or does the change happen over time? I would prefer the latter, because I love sly, intelligent villains, which he would be for sure.

As for the species, I had a hard time choosing between "anthro" and "other (Grubber species)". Grubber reminds me, too, of hyenas, and I wonder will he and Storm King be like Scar and the hyenas from Lion King :D. I hope they will not make him just a dumb comic relief, but based on the character descriptions, this might sadly be the case.

I still chose "anthro".

I think Tempest Shadow is also related or working with The Storm King, due to Hasbro showing a toy of her where here flank area had the same symbol on her suit. Grubber is obviously with The Storm King as well, probably his clueless henchmen, though I have the feeling Tempest isn't all bad.

I hope Capper will be a really amazing character, and they are making a reference to the beginning of MLPsig-4814003.12d.jpg

When I first saw a picture of him, I was 100% sure that he was a re-imagined version of Catrina ^^'

(He's definitely related to Catrina in my headcanon, tho xD)

• Brohoof 1

Why not? If you like MLP you should like Harry Potter too, they are similar in many ways. I usually say MLP is like Disney+Friends+Harry Potter but a bit more girly and kiddie when people wonder why you would watch MLP. Of course you don't have to or anything but I was just wondering is there some reason you don't think Harry Potter is good.

I'm just not a huge fan of wizards and spell magic (MLP obviously being an exception.) I might give it a go but I have other books/movies on my to watch/read list.

Im interested in shadow tempest. Not really because I think she's interesting but because of how much fun I had just describing her design to other bronies who havent seen any of the movie leaks yet. They all just put their face in their hands and shook it back and forth.

From what I think, I dont think Shadow is going to be a "major" villain but rather a minion or underboss basically. She doesnt seem to be made to be anything more than just a unique attention grabbing design.

• Brohoof 1

I'm really liking the Storm King's design mainly because of the resemblance he has to Lord Tirek. Plus, he is someone who just screams power. Perhaps the former is of the same tribe as the latter but ended up going out on his own for unknown reasons that may be revealed in the movie. Then again, he could be from a different branch of the overall tribe and either acknowledges or refuses the existence of the tribe Lord Tirek belongs to.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, after being in the furry fandom for a long time, I was the most excited when I saw Capper. The fact that they are an anthropomorphic animal is something peculiar in the MLP canon. Despite there being ponies that can talk and act like humans, they are not as anthro as we see Capper. The fact that we have both fully feral and anthro animals can cause some interesting worlds to develop. 

Otherwise, the Storm King, Tempest Shadow, and Captain Celaeno are equally interesting, mostly due to their designs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this new image we got is interesting. nice new look at the characters in different poses.

sig-4826876.large.jpeg

It looks from that image that a staff is a source of Storm King's powers. Maybe Mane 6 will travel to find out how to destroy it?