Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chill down

Sly

Hey guys. While I didn't saw much drama here (especially if compared to derpibooru and Equestriadaily) I feel this topic was necessary to calm down the things here. I've seen a few complains after the revelations of the new characters of the Movie that I feel are.... unnecessary and wrong. The first is the "overabundance" of new species never seen in Equestria before in the Movie.... you're right... IN EQUESTRIA. But the whole point of the Movie is bringing the Mane 6 OUTSIDE OF EQUESTRIA. It's pretty much normal that many of these new characters are something new for this series.

The second thing is the presence of antropomorphic animals characters in the Movie. Aside the fact that we had the Diamond dogs in past, this complain is pretty much linked to what I said before about going out of Equestria, but it's exactly this the reason I think this complain is.... pretty pointless: we are the viewers not the creators and as such unlike the latters we don't know anything about the lore of the show. This show doesn't "belong" to us and we can't say what it's right or wrong for it unless we have CONCRETE evidences that what the creators are doing it's wrong basing of what themself or the people who worked on the show in past established in past (which was the prime reason I hate the last season finale so much), and personally I don't think putting anthropomorphic animals in the Movie is "wrong".

Another thing I want to point: the people who are working on this Movie are some of the best ones who worked on the first FIVE seasons NOT the sixth and the upcoming seventh, so using the most recent season to justify our worries is wrong.

And lastly the most important thing: that the new characters could steal the spotlight of the Mane 6. Personally I don't think that ANY of the revealed movie characters will steal the Mane 6's spotlight, and now I'll explain why. By their look, they will belong to specific factions and moments of the Movie:

-Storm King is the main villain, and Tempest Shadow his right hand (or at least an henchpony of him), and Grubber is his henchmen, and as such, they will cover the standard screentime of, you know, the villains of the Movies;

-Celaeno and Capper are obviously pirates, and they will both work on the same boat and appear in that specific moment of the Movie. They will probably be the most secondary of the bunch and probably the ones who will appear the least;

-And then Queen Novo and Princess Skystars which are obviously... mother and daughter respectively, and (SPOILER HERE) the ones the MANE 6 will have to search for (the reasons are still to be explained) that Meghan Mccarthy hinted during the last SDCC.

Whatever role they will cover, they won’t steal the spotlight to the Mane 6. Besides, Zootopia had WAAAAAAY more secondary characters than this Movie has, and I don’t recall any of them stealing Judy’s and Nick’s spotlight. Am I right?

I'm 100% sure that these characters will appear just the necessary time during the Movie and won't steal the Mane 6's spotlight. Not mentioning that In june Ashleigh Ball said she recorded the singing of the Movie so AJ and/or RD will sing in it,if that doesn't hint the Mane 6 will be the stars...

Honestly the only thing that I don't like about the Movie of the ones revealed so far is.... Grubber.... he's just.... ugly...

Other than that I don't see anything to be scared, so just don't worry.

Besides: https://mobile.twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/816871030933200896

This tweet alone is enough for me to stay positive and hopefully for this Movie.

• Brohoof 4

Honestly? I'm glad the recent news is bringing down a lot of people's expectations. Maybe now people can come in with reasonable expectations and not expecting the second coming

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 3

Honestly? I'm glad the recent news is bringing down a lot of people's expectations. Maybe now people can come in with reasonable expectations and not expecting the second coming

Personally? The only thing I want from this Movie is seeing the Mane 6 saving the day one last time and then I'm done with Ponies, cartoons, games, and everything on Internet. For the rest they could do whatever they want for me. Seeing the MANE 6 saving the situation a last time is the ONLY thing I want right now.

Speaking of which: https://mobile.twitter.com/R_Dart/status/831158375538831361

Yeah, I think that wish will be granted.

Edited by Sly
  • Brohoof 1

Dude, we're dealing with a fandom who almost rioted because flashy was stealing waifus :dash:. I think that's pretty normal by now 

Yeah, this high expectation thingy was getting out of hand yo. I expect this movie will be as good as many of today's most successful animated movies, like Zootopia or something 

• Brohoof 1

Dude, we're dealing with a fandom who almost rioted because flashy was stealing waifus :dash:. I think that's pretty normal by now

Yeah, this high expectation thingy was getting out of hand yo. I expect this movie will be as good as many of today's most successful animated movies, like Zootopia or something

I can live with that. I love Zootopia.
  • Brohoof 1

I actually kinda like Capper's design. It is Tempest Shadow who gets my vote for the worst design. The dark color scheme, broken horn, scar, and armor are overkill. A combination of only like 2 of those would have been better.

I'm used to people complaining in this fandom anyways but I do agree with you when you say the complaints are pointless... That's why I don't like to talk or expect things from movies/seasons that are yet to come.. But then again, that's never stopped anyone so ...yeah.

I really like the new designs and cant wait to see what they do with them ^.^

I think it's simply unwise to judge the movie based on t he specks of little info we ware given so far. Legends of Everfree ware supposed to be a catastrophe, yet it's proven to be a very charming catastrophe which i personally liked very much  :icwudt: