Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony inspired pen spinning

XxX_VapeKindKingxXxX

i perform TA harmonics constantly with my pencil while writing, i'm quite surprised to see someone else here who is familiar with the lingo like you, seeing as it is primarily a foreign [read: non english speakers] hobby and they have seldom heard of ponies.

if you're registered to UPSB, add me as a friend!

http://forum.upsb.in...mber.php?u=2880

lol I would, but I'm dead on those forums :P used them once to figure out how to do a reverse TA back in the dark ages, then got it myself anyways. Haven't gone on there for about....7 months? Nice forum though. I use their wiki quite a bit.

(edited)

lol I would, but I'm dead on those forums :P used them once to figure out how to do a reverse TA back in the dark ages, then got it myself anyways. Haven't gone on there for about....7 months? Nice forum though. I use their wiki quite a bit.

did you ever register?

edit: nvm found ya

you should come back, the WC is down to the final round and eriror's backing out. it's getting heated.

Edited by Sc00t

Wow... I felt really incapable when I watched the video while coincidentally holding a pen ^_^! I wish I could do something like that, but I think I don't have the time to concentrate on something like that. I actually tried doing the thumb spin a while ago, but I didn't succeed for a while so I thought that my fingers are not meant for spinning :( .

But that's a great job, don't stop now while it's already impressive! You never know how good you can get! :)

Wow... I felt really incapable when I watched the video while coincidentally holding a pen ^_^! I wish I could do something like that, but I think I don't have the time to concentrate on something like that. I actually tried doing the thumb spin a while ago, but I didn't succeed for a while so I thought that my fingers are not meant for spinning :( .

But that's a great job, don't stop now while it's already impressive! You never know how good you can get! :)

well i never could have imagine i'd be at this level when i was just trying to get it to go around my thumb.

I can tell you right now that bolded line is BS. i've seen people with all kinds of different fingers be amazing. Cloud traveler has sausages for fingers, but he got far in the world tournament. Pudels Kern has long, spiney fingers and he is amazing as well. It's all practice. But if you don't have the time that's reasonable, because thats why most people quit in the end.

well i never could have imagine i'd be at this level when i was just trying to get it to go around my thumb.

I can tell you right now that bolded line is BS. i've seen people with all kinds of different fingers be amazing. Cloud traveler has sausages for fingers, but he got far in the world tournament. Pudels Kern has long, spiney fingers and he is amazing as well. It's all practice. But if you don't have the time that's reasonable, because thats why most people quit in the end.

Now you've given me a bit of motivation, I might give it another try in the near future when I have nothing else to do ^_^.

(edited)

Now you've given me a bit of motivation, I might give it another try in the near future when I have nothing else to do ^_^.

it's very fun.

also yay, my pen parts came in, i made pinkie pen. Somehow it spins better than any of my previous incarnations of this mod.

Posted Image

My only regret is being unable to find a pink colortwin marker body.. had to go with black. that may change in the future.

Edited by Sc00t

Holy crap, just noticed this thread! You are damn good at penspinning. I used to be really into it. Only problem is, I never got any good at it. Never even learned any combos and I think the best trick I ever did was some kind of Sonic variation that I can't remember the name of.

I think I have an account on UPSB, though I haven't logged in in a couple years.

;_; I wish I could do this... so bad... >.>

I'm not too bad with twirling drumsticks, but I have no idea if I could do that with a pen.

>.> Makes me want to learn how to do stuff like that w/ a butterfly knife. I stupidly left mine at my ex's house. Gonna get a new one this september when I go abroad again >:3

That's really cool.

But what does MLP have to do with your pen spinning technique? Like, at all?

Well he said it wasn't...

But so what? at least 50% of this forum isn't pony related XD

Well he said it wasn't...

But so what? at least 50% of this forum isn't pony related XD

Actually he kind of did:

I only developed a distinct style for my spinning after becoming a brony so I think it may have had quite an impact.

Actually he kind of did:

Well I was looking for that, but I couldn't find it, then i saw hat he said in the first post about it not being pony related, and just said that.

But if you saw that comment, why did you ask? :huh:

Well I was looking for that, but I couldn't find it, then i saw hat he said in the first post about it not being pony related, and just said that.

But if you saw that comment, why did you ask? :huh:

I meant "how can MLP have any impact on pen spinning?"

• 2 weeks later...

So i'm under a huge amount of stress right now, and this is what my spinning looks like when im under the subtle effects of my own adrenaline and uncertainty.

that, and i only had about 10 minutes to record.

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_yY2eUv6_M[/media]

i wonder if it shows lol

Haha, nice recovery from that drop XD

(edited)

wow, this vid takes me back, i remember following the cup back then .. it was an amazing year for ps

[media=]

[/media]

the final round was just... stunning. they put all their fire into that last bout [still have to lol at ponkotu with his full body combo...]

Edited by Sc00t
  • Brohoof 3

I thought it was cool when I threw my pen in the air and catched it, now after watching this, I may need re-think my opinion on cool.

Awesome job! Loved it! ;)