Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dude any plot can sound straightforward when you break it down.

We still know nothing of the exact details, especially with this being a Polish translation that sounds like something a studio would never put out here in America.

Hey, i am just saying my thoughts on what i've been told. No need to be so defensive.

Just a movie after all. ;)

If this turns out to be official, then I am okay with it. The only thing I don't like as much is the villain having to 'steal' magic once again to be powerful. I personally would prefer an antagonist that is already immensely powerful from the start for whatever reason.  In either case, the plot here seems straight-forward enough and I hope that will give them wiggle room throughout the runtime.

In all honestly this is about as good as we really should've expected from a MLP plot; IMO. In the end the movie has to appeal to an even more general audience than the show has so far. As such a fairly simple plot can only be a good thing. Execution is what I am looking for in the end, and I think we're in good hands.

Also; those sea-ponies. <3

Perhaps that's the word they were reaching for with the translation 'Malicious'? I don't know Polish at all, so I don't know what the heck I'm looking at. :)

It's possible. From my experience, a word in a language can be used for a different meaning, and these meanings may have different definitions in another language. Can work in the other way around 

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/02/speculation-mlp-movie-synopsis-appears.html

>The herd of brave ponies comes eye to eye with their biggest enemy. The mischievious Storm King decides to steal all of the magic from their home Kingdom of Equestria. In order to save it, the brave heroes have to set out to a journey full of adventures. They will make new friends like seaponies or good pirates and will live through many emotional and funny turn of events to once again prove that friendship is magic.

pretty simple, but makes a few things apparent. Given the "Good pirates" thing, I think its pretty obvious that captain celaneo will be a sky pirate of some sort-- capper might be too since he gives off a rogueish look.

Storm king sounds a bit like Tirek in his plot, though its pretty similar to the Image I saw of storm king from the G1 comics (Where he steals a bunch of ponie's magic and the winds and keeps them in sacks).

Wonder if they're going to try and top tirek from a "power levels" standpoint?

I'm not sure this is the official movie synopsis. Someone already said that the grammar and words used in the supposed synopsis is not the normal language used in the movie industry.

Straight up garbage. I would expect more from a fan fiction.

Kinda odd saying that since you still don't know the exact plot other than what we already knew before.

Ponies living happily... bad guy causes problem, ponies go battle him to save the day. Even if this Polish translation is true, it is not like they are telling us something we did not more or less already know. I mean there was not exactly any curve balls thrown in that outline. It is so generic they could have just come out and said "it stars your favorite characters from the show and a really mean bad guy up to known good and some seaponies" and it would be the same thing. All they sort of confirmed was there were some "good pirates" which we all kind of deduced from the character screen shots.

Kinda odd saying that since you still don't know the exact plot other than what we already knew before.

Ponies living happily... bad guy causes problem, ponies go battle him to save the day. Even if this Polish translation is true, it is not like they are telling us something we did not more or less already know. I mean there was not exactly any curve balls thrown in that outline. It is so generic they could have just come out and said "it stars your favorite characters from the show and a really mean bad guy up to known good and some seaponies" and it would be the same thing. All they sort of confirmed was there were some "good pirates" which we all kind of deduced from the character screen shots.

The description shows a very unoriginal story, one that doesn't sound different than prior season finales, particularly season 4. Having this movie set outside equestria doesn't help to promote audience affinity with the core brand. Sea ponies, talking cats, bird things...it's a disaster. This should really just begin and end with ponies.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping that "Mischievous" is just a bad translation of the polish word, as yeah, Mischievous does make him sound less malicious and more beneign.

It IS a bad translation. The word złowrogi they used to describe the Storm King means sinister, malicious or ominous.

I'm a bit bothered by the word dobroduszny they used to describe the pirates. It does mean good, but good in kind of a naive way. The only fictional character I would describe with this word is Winnie the Pooh and I REALLY DON'T WANT THE PIRATES TO BE LIKE HIM. D: But maybe I'm just over analyzing a single word.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah...I think I'll save my expectations for a later synopsis/better translation.

Though I won't give them too much flack if the plot if familiar. After 7 seasons, there will be  little this movie can do that hasn't been done in the show by now... 
(Heck, the Storm King even kinda looks like Tirek)

Just as long as it's entertaining and enjoyable I'll be happy :)

I read somewhere that the movie starts with twilight planning  party of some sort, and the original Sony plot had a celebration being thrown to honor the mane six.

I'm betting that Sia is like gazelle from zootopia and has no real role except as a guest star musical character like gazelle was-- the movie will start with a party that gets interrupted by the Storm king attacking, and then the movie will end with said party resuming again, with Sia singing the Close out song.

That's also how I think the movie starts.