Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/02/speculation-mlp-movie-synopsis-appears.html

>The herd of brave ponies comes eye to eye with their biggest enemy. The mischievious Storm King decides to steal all of the magic from their home Kingdom of Equestria. In order to save it, the brave heroes have to set out to a journey full of adventures. They will make new friends like seaponies or good pirates and will live through many emotional and funny turn of events to once again prove that friendship is magic.

pretty simple, but makes a few things apparent. Given the "Good pirates" thing, I think its pretty obvious that captain celaneo will be a sky pirate of some sort-- capper might be too since he gives off a rogueish look.

Storm king sounds a bit like Tirek in his plot, though its pretty similar to the Image I saw of storm king from the G1 comics (Where he steals a bunch of ponie's magic and the winds and keeps them in sacks).

Wonder if they're going to try and top tirek from a "power levels" standpoint?

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 3

So the Storm King is the main antagonist, I had a feeling he was, he kinda had that sort of vibe going with his design.

If he is going to steal all the magic from Equestria, I wonder how he is going to be different from Tirek from the season 4 finale.

I also wonder if we are going to get any scenes like this:

in the movie in some kinda final battle against him.

Just with all of the mane 6 and not just Twilight.

Also I am pretty sure that Capper works for Captain Caleno as some kinda pirate, and the mane 6 end up getting a ride from them on their ship in order to make it to wherever they need to go to find the seaponies.

And if Tempest Shadow does get reformed, I hope she gets a more appealing character redesign.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 4

Sounds a little...too much like Twilight's Kingdom

At the very least I'm hoping this one gives the remane 5 a lot more to do, that alone would make the movie a better experience

• Brohoof 3

Sounds a little...too much like Twilight's Kingdom

At the very least I'm hoping this one gives the remane 5 a lot more to do, that alone would make the movie a better experience

To be honest, I'm not expecting a whole lot of emphasis on the others.

there's a VERY large amount of side characters for this movie being introduced who are going to be developed and focused on to justify their budget, and because studio execs always think that Celebrity voices are the key to success. And they will want to put a heavy amount of time on explaining and developing twilight for the new audience members, since they're going to want to be drawing in alot of people off the street who have never seen FIM before-- one of the big things sony told them about the initial rough draft was that the movie should be not like a big episode and needed little character continuity to avoid confusing new people.

As such, I expect the time to be split to be about 50% twilight/40% new characters/ 10% other five.

So I expect the other 5 to function much like in the two parters as of late, or Twilight's kingdom: Supporting characters with a little cameo role, but the lion's share devoted to new characters and twilight.

Capper, Tempest, celaneo and the new seaponies are the ones I expect to get big roles (Specifically I expect it to play out as almost a trio movie, with skystar, twilight and tempest as the real focus characters of the movie)

On another note, its possible that "steal magic" is completely different to how Tirek's "Steal magic" plot worked-- Like look at Starlight and the cutie mark map: that episode had Starlight steal ponies magic, but it was NOTHING like Twilight's kingdom. She was stealing ponies cutie marks and, by extension, their magic for a purpose, while Tirek was stealing magic for the sake of gaining the magic.

its highly possible that Storm king is stealing magic from equestria to remove ponies as opposition, to power a spell for a specific purpose (Windigos?), or some other thing.

Like he apparently seemed to have stolen pony's magic in the G1 comics and just kept it in burlap sacks instead of absorbing it like tirek.

thumb.jpeg

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

there's a VERY large amount of side characters for this movie being introduced who are going to be developed and focused on to justify their budget, and because studio execs always think that Celebrity voices are the key to success. And they will want to put a heavy amount of time on explaining and developing twilight for the new audience members, since they're going to want to be drawing in alot of people off the street who have never seen FIM before-- one of the big things sony told them about the initial rough draft was that the movie should be not like a big episode and needed little character continuity to avoid confusing new people.

As such, I expect the time to be split to be about 50% twilight/40% new characters/ 10% other five.

So I expect the other 5 to function much like in the two parters as of late, or Twilight's kingdom: Supporting characters with a little cameo role, but the lion's share devoted to new characters and twilight.

Capper, Tempest, celaneo and the new seaponies are the ones I expect to get big roles (Specifically I expect it to play out as almost a trio movie, with skystar, twilight and tempest as the real focus characters of the movie)

Besides the fact that Sony's letter doesn't have much validity anymore considering they're no longer a part of it(tha nk Christ), I'm of the mentality that the writers shouldn't have to waste time reintroducing the mane 6, so more time can be worked on for the story and the new characters. Honestly, like most TV-to-Film movies, I don't think it's crazy for the writers to assume that the audience is already going in already familiar with the show.

And I do feel this time around we will still see the mane 6 get their due. Remember that leaked concept art from earlier?

1143943__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+d

I dunno if this is reflective of the story, but we see Skystar and Novo....with Rainbow Dash and Rarity(and seemingly no one else).

My guess is that we're gonna see a bit of a separation angle where some of the group are gonna be separated from each other, which means that we could see the mane 6 getting a bit of focus and how they may work with new characters

"Mischievous?" That's a weird turn of phrase for a primary villain with that Tirek-like character design. I'm with @@TheAnimatorOfficial in that this reads like a translation from something to me rather than a primary source.

Not that it can't be right, just it's phrased weird opening the door to bad assumptions.

in that this reads like a translation

it IS a translation :P

here's the polish its translated from

By ją odzyskać, dzielni bohaterowie wyruszą w pełną przygód podróż, podczas której zyskają nowych przyjaciół jak morskie kucyki czy dobroduszni piraci, przeżyją wiele emocjonujących i zabawnych perypetii i po raz kolejny udowodnią, że przyjaźń to magia!

Yeah, I'm not exactly acquainted with Polish media, so I don't know if this is coming from a credible source or not. It's why I haven't been sharing this anywhere. In the case that it is real, I get how it sounds a little like Twilight's Kingdom, but I don't see how it sounds too much like it because it seems to be going in a different direction. I think it sounds interesting and I'll look forward to seeing it if we get confirmation that this is real.

Yeah, I'm not exactly acquainted with Polish media, so I don't know if this is coming from a credible source or not. It's why I haven't been sharing this anywhere. In the case that it is real, I get how it sounds a little like Twilight's Kingdom, but I don't see how it sounds too much like it because it seems to be going in a different direction. I think it sounds interesting and I'll look forward to seeing it if we get confirmation that this is real.

Well we got our first spoilers for the movie from the Russian expo a while back, so I don't think it being eastern european is neccessarily a reason for it to be suspect.

It honestly sounds pretty non-committal, as "steal magic" can be taken a hundred different ways (Starlight, tirek, and even discord have done it), and the synopsis is something we already really knew (The Russian conference stated the main six would have to travel to a seapony city after being attacked by a dark force... which is pretty much this synopsis), so I think its probably legit, but leaving out alot of the subtleties.

"Mischievous?" That's a weird turn of phrase for a primary villain with that Tirek-like character design. I'm with @@TheAnimatorOfficial in that this reads like a translation from something to me rather than a primary source.

Not that it can't be right, just it's phrased weird opening the door to bad assumptions.

I'm hoping that "Mischievous" is just a bad translation of the polish word, as yeah, Mischievous does make him sound less malicious and more beneign.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/02/speculation-mlp-movie-synopsis-appears.html

>The herd of brave ponies comes eye to eye with their biggest enemy. The mischievious Storm King decides to steal all of the magic from their home Kingdom of Equestria. In order to save it, the brave heroes have to set out to a journey full of adventures. They will make new friends like seaponies or good pirates and will live through many emotional and funny turn of events to once again prove that friendship is magic.

pretty simple, but makes a few things apparent. Given the "Good pirates" thing, I think its pretty obvious that captain celaneo will be a sky pirate of some sort-- capper might be too since he gives off a rogueish look.

Storm king sounds a bit like Tirek in his plot, though its pretty similar to the Image I saw of storm king from the G1 comics (Where he steals a bunch of ponie's magic and the winds and keeps them in sacks).

Wonder if they're going to try and top tirek from a "power levels" standpoint?

I wonder Songbird Serenade will fit in to this.

I wonder Songbird Serenade will fit in to this.

I read somewhere that the movie starts with twilight planning  party of some sort, and the original Sony plot had a celebration being thrown to honor the mane six.

I'm betting that Sia is like gazelle from zootopia and has no real role except as a guest star musical character like gazelle was-- the movie will start with a party that gets interrupted by the Storm king attacking, and then the movie will end with said party resuming again, with Sia singing the Close out song.

• Brohoof 3

No doubt that ideas ran out but..eh what else could they come up? I guess it a good start.. i guess. Just hope it got some good action pact and everyone  beside twilight actually done something useful. 

and for the love of god, no reformation.

To be honest, i kinda expected something like that. Very straightforward, with a pinch of adventure.

Yeah, it's a bit redundant because it sounds like Twilights kingdom in movie length, but eh. I think it will be decent enough.

EDIT: Also, you have all these new characters, but no snekpone?

moreshamefurdispray.png

• Brohoof 1

On another note, its possible that "steal magic" is completely different to how Tirek's "Steal magic" plot worked-- Like look at Starlight and the cutie mark map: that episode had Starlight steal ponies magic, but it was NOTHING like Twilight's kingdom. She was stealing ponies cutie marks and, by extension, their magic for a purpose, while Tirek was stealing magic for the sake of gaining the magic.

its highly possible that Storm king is stealing magic from equestria to remove ponies as opposition, to power a spell for a specific purpose (Windigos?), or some other thing.

Like he apparently seemed to have stolen pony's magic in the G1 comics and just kept it in burlap sacks instead of absorbing it like tirek.

sig-4811901.thumb.jpeg

Interesting they're reviving such an obscure villain :dash:

LOL this isn't the official synopsis. It's a shoddily done translation from Polish.

I would take everything with a grain of salt until a trailer comes out.

shoddy it may be, but there might be some truth behind it. Remember that McFlurry's name was revealed on a German site ;)

I'm hoping that "Mischievous" is just a bad translation of the polish word, as yeah, Mischievous does make him sound less malicious and more beneign.

Perhaps that's the word they were reaching for with the translation 'Malicious'? I don't know Polish at all, so I don't know what the heck I'm looking at. :)

That sounds like Twilight's Kingdom crossed with the G1 movie, but instead of flutterponies there are seaponies. :I

I really hope they don't have the film be wrapped up by "The heroes have to find someone ELSE to save the day" and have the seaponies be the ones curbstomping the villains like the g1 movie did >.<

To be honest, i kinda expected something like that. Very straightforward, with a pinch of adventure.

Yeah, it's a bit redundant because it sounds like Twilights kingdom in movie length, but eh. I think it will be decent enough.

EDIT: Also, you have all these new characters, but no snekpone?

sig-4811983.moreshamefurdispray.png

Dude any plot can sound straightforward when you break it down.

We still know nothing of the exact details, especially with this being a Polish translation that sounds like something a studio would never put out here in America.