Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

I just finished watching the entire parappa the rapper anime series because I'm a huge fan of the games, and I am questioning why did I do that :( the show's kind of cute, but other than that it's not really that good and like, parappa doesn't rap once...

Time to get back to my Outlaw Star and K-on addictions.

Because I've pretty much reached the halfway point in Gurren Lagann, I've decided to take a break from that so I don't run it dry too quickly. Instead I've started watching Evangelion, and I think that it's pretty awesome. I heard that the ending is disappointing though, so don't really know what to expect there.

Because I've pretty much reached the halfway point in Gurren Lagann, I've decided to take a break from that so I don't run it dry too quickly. Instead I've started watching Evangelion, and I think that it's pretty awesome. I heard that the ending is disappointing though, so don't really know what to expect there.

The ending is only dissapoitining if you don't care for stupidly intricite philosophy. The best way to do it is to watch up to episode 24, watch end of evangelion and then episodes 25 and 26.

The ending is only dissapoitining if you don't care for stupidly intricite philosophy. The best way to do it is to watch up to episode 24, watch end of evangelion and then episodes 25 and 26.

The producer of Evangelion is Gainax Company, Limited. They have spawned what is known in the fandom as "The Gainax Mind Fuck" due to how several of their anime end. They were also the very first anime house to add a certain movement to busty female characters in the 1988 six part OVA anime "Gunbusters". That's known as the "Gainax Bounce"

LOL

(edited)

You know, I love my romantic comedies and I would have loved to see an anime adaptation of Neon Genesis Evangelion's Angelic Days, just throwing that out there. :P

Edited by Raronoopa

... Does anyone have a Top 2012 Anime?

I haven't been able to watch any new ones, and I'm unsure where to start. My usual provider is losing video extensions, and the ones left are crap! Anyone frequent a reliable video site, too?

... Why haven't I posted in this thread sooner?

I'm a total anime noob :(

I only really watch One Piece.

And worse, I usually watch it DUBBED. :o

If you like One Piece, I would reccomend Bleach, Naruto and DBZ. They are brilliant anime's.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well first of all if Any of you haven't at least heard of Cowboy Bebop then I am deeply saddened.

As for a more 'obscure' Anime, I just got done watching El Cazador de la Bruja (The hunter of the witch) which is a light shoujo-ai anime with many guns and a South-west/Mexico setting. :3

I just started watching an older anime. "Around the World with Willy Fog". (I have just finished reading "Around the World in 80 Days" and watched the 1956 David Niven movie of the same title, and the 1989 three part TV mini-series.) It's a retelling of "Around the World in 80 Days" with an all furry cast. Willy Fog is a rather dapper lion! It was produced in 1983, by Studio BRB International in Spain, with animation provided by the Japanese studio Nippon Animation. I downloaded the English dub, as my Spanish doesn't extend past counting to ten, and maybe ordering dinner. LOL. It's a really adorable show. From what I've read about it (and seen in the first few episodes) It sticks closer to the original Jules Verne book then any other screen adaptation, even live action. I don't know why they changed ALL the character names though.

Posted Image

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

My friend lent me Requiem of the Darkness and Hellsing on DVD. Are they any good? He said that he really liked them. I'll probably watch them then let you guys know what it was like.

lmao I just found an anime that is...just...wow. Green Green is a weird ass anime.

I've only watched the first episode but I can tell you this out of it so far:

It's pure and utter fanservice. There's nothing more to this anime, I can tell just from the first episode. Ecchi ecchi ecchi and nothing more.

Characters are all the biggest examples of romantic comedy and ecchi anime stereotypes and will likely have little to no development whatsoever.

One of three anime where I can actually truly say the English voices suck ass. (The other two being Kanokon and Eiken) Of course it's not gonna stop me from watching it in English, just cuz I don't care to watch with subs.

---

This is a ridiculous anime and all I've watched is the first episode. I'll likely enjoy it purely for the fanservice but as far as story goes it's not gonna be anything at all. I got a Love Hina vibe from it from the opening...well let's just say it's a poor man's Love Hina. A very BAD Love Hina. LOL

Ah yes, the good 'ol animes. My god do I have a history of these. Before ponies, anime was everything to me, but was mostly just the popular ones like Naruto, Bleach, Shonen Jump, Death Note, etc.

But enough on that. Looking back on these said shows, they feel a bit tacky now, but still hold a bit of ground in terms of entertainment. Weather sometimes they're the silly scenarios, or the serious parts, they were enjoyable back then, and still are today.

Although one thing about these that I've always hated, were those damn fillers, especially in the Shonen Jump animes. So much time consumption for absolutely NOTHING. The ones in Bleach were always the worst.

The best anime out of all is Panty and Stocking With GarterBelt. It's just, it's just so fucking hilarious! Especially in the English dub.

• Brohoof 1

I still have yet to see Panty and Stocking.

Same bro. A lot of people like it, but I can't find an English dub on YouTube. I'll try searching other anime services.

I really liked Death Note, Sasameki Koto (it's a yuri, and it's pretty interesting) and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Now I'm watching Pandora Hearts, and it's an awesome mix of fun, emotions and action... Also I think it heavily refers to Alice in Wonderland...

Yes, Pandora Healts was made with Alice in Wonderland in mind. It does a fairly good job of it too. I wish they would have released an English Dub of it but that'll never happen. They even released it here in the states...in Japanese with subtitles.

lol Okay so Green Green is still as weird as ever though the episodes have gotten "better" since the first. Still the same ol' same ol' shameless ecchi with shameless pervert stereotypes. There's these three guys who do anything they can to get it on with the girls and they are the freakiest trio of perverts in anime. Watch it for yourself if you are that curious but I warn you this shit is unreal. Still, I'm enjoying it so I'll just wait a long for the ride and have heart failure when it's done.

You know, I love my romantic comedies and I would have loved to see an anime adaptation of Neon Genesis Evangelion's Angelic Days, just throwing that out there. :P

I have read it, but the ikari shinji raising project is much better, like really.

Currently watching black cat, then on to claymore, adn then Kaze no stigma.

So I finished watching Evangelion (awesome), watched End of Eva (good but ever so slightly depressing), watched the two Rebuilds thus far (pretty good) and now I'm watching FLCL (what the.....I don't even).

I still have yet to see Panty and Stocking. I should watch that after I watch Girls Bravo (Which I'm watching after Green Green)

I hear it's crazy fun.

Same bro. A lot of people like it, but I can't find an English dub on YouTube. I'll try searching other anime services.

Beware. "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt" is a studio Gainax production. I haven't finished the series yet, but I hear it packs a SERIOUS "Gainax Mind Fuck" as the last episode!

• Brohoof 1

Only Gainax series I've seen all of is This Ugly Yet Beautiful World, which had a great concept but fell flat on it's face halfway through the series. I've seen bits and pieces of others like Evangelion and Mahoromatic but haven't seen all the episodes in those. I've read a lot of the manga for Medaka Box too and I still don't know how they plan on turning that into English. The English translation for the manga was hard to keep up with because of all the connections with math and names of the enemy groups. I love math but this is just crazy, so crazy I can't tell if it's just too complicated or they didn't do it quite right. @_@

I'm a Anime N00b but I want to get into it. I have really no Idea what counts as Anime or not.

If they count, ones I've seen before are Zatch Bell and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo back during the Toonami days when I was young.

Any Recommendations?