Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

I haven’t heard or seen too much talk about Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. I just happened to come across it on Netflix and completely fell in love with it. I think it’s totally underrated and I’d highly recommend it.

Posted Image

Ahhh, I don't know if Legend of Korra would count as anime? Would it? Cuz I'm thinking about watching it.

Personally, I'm not entirely sure, but it is drawn in a very similar style as most anime is drawn in.

Anyways, I finished Highschool of the Dead yesterday, and let me tell you, it is now one of my favourite animes of all time. However, they leave you on a massive cliffhanger, as it pretty much ends like it would for a new episode to come in, but the only thing is, it doesn't.

I have heard that Season 2 is coming soon, is this true? (Also, I haven't watched the OVA yet.)

Tenchi Muyo was so fricken funny xD!! I also have seen love hina really funny too. There are so many others that I need to check out like Code Geass & Neon Evangelion I haven't watched those yet but I plan on it.

FLCL is one of my favs too :3

• Brohoof 2

OH! I know of another

Tenchi Muyo was so fricken funny xD!! I also have seen love hina really funny too. There are so many others that I need to check out like Code Geass & Neon Evangelion I haven't watched those yet but I plan on it.

FLCL is one of my favs too :3

Lucky Star is another fav of mine. Miyuki from Lucky Star has the same birthday as me! I found quite a few anime characters share my B-Day :D

Have you ever watched "Tenchi The Movie: Tenchi Muyo in Love"? In my opinion that movie is Tenchi perfection. Out of all the Tenchi alternates, this movie is my very favorite! The ending theme is also one of my all time favorite anime themes of all time. This is the actual original. "Alchemy of Love" is a rarity. (RARITY!) The original song was actually produced and sang in English for the theatrical release in Japan. The Japanese version came later for the home video release.

The movie also changed my mind about Tenchi's father, Nobuyuki. I went from seeing him as a lecherous jerk, to thinking of him as a tragic hero. The events of the movie eventually led him into becoming what he is. You can not blame him. His loss was too great. Without giving spoilers, "Alchemy of Love" is basically about Tenchi's mother, and the undying power of her love for him.

AWESOME! ANOTHER TENCHI MUYO FAN! WOOT!

Anyone like Lucky Star or/and Sgt. Frog? Both make me laugh.

Kururu is like an anime frog version of Discord! XD

• Brohoof 1

YES!! finally hahha i love anime and manga lol the manga that ive read so far is AI Ore and one of my FAVORITES!!! Alive: the final evolution... so good read it!! lol i love them and beck and fruits basket but thats it kinda lol i read some on my iphone while at work, now anime... dear god.... so hard to say lol pretty much any and everything i love as long as it has a good story or plot and just keeps me hooked ill love it!!! <3 hahaha im trying to find an anime i was starting to watch but lost what it was :( it was like some kinda of vampire anime where the boy was the reincarnation of the vampire slayer and the girl was the vampire lord something and it was really good its like in its first season and i cant remember it to save my life.... but gosh i have so many i watch lol and love...

YES!! finally hahha i love anime and manga lol the manga that ive read so far is AI Ore and one of my FAVORITES!!! Alive: the final evolution... so good read it!! lol i love them and beck and fruits basket but thats it kinda lol i read some on my iphone while at work, now anime... dear god.... so hard to say lol pretty much any and everything i love as long as it has a good story or plot and just keeps me hooked ill love it!!! <3 hahaha im trying to find an anime i was starting to watch but lost what it was :( it was like some kinda of vampire anime where the boy was the reincarnation of the vampire slayer and the girl was the vampire lord something and it was really good its like in its first season and i cant remember it to save my life.... but gosh i have so many i watch lol and love...

EVERYPONY IS AN ANIME FAN!!! Not really but it seems like the vast majority of my little pony fans are also anime fans or what I like to call "Otaku" which really just means geek or nerd in japanese but it is becoming increasingly popular to use it to describe anime and manga fans. It is sort of like being called a brony/pegasister because you like my little pony. Watching anime is actually what got me interested in MLP, I found the big eyed animation style of MLP to be similar with anime. Most of my friends are otaku and they are also bronies because of it. Of course I am sure there are bronies out there that don't watch anime, but it seems like a minority case.

Edited by Bronynonymous
  • Brohoof 2

AWESOME! ANOTHER TENCHI MUYO FAN! WOOT!

Kururu is like an anime frog version of Discord! XD

I've been a Tenchi fan for years. I remember the first time I watched the original OVA series. It wasn't on Cartoon Network, It was on *GASP* VHS tapes! I used to raid my brother's collection for stuff. That's basically how I got hooked on anime.

The only anime I remember ever seeing is Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, and Inu Yasha. I've probably seen other things that I didn't even know were anime...

But DBZ is probably my favourite. VEGETA FTW

Yeah, I like Lucky Star. The first episode kinda sucks though, but it gets better, especially after they replaced the director after the fourth episode :P

My personal favourite anime is Evangelion, for which I'm looking forward to Rebuild 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently just got into anime, which started when my brother started watching DBZ and I joined him watching it. I liked it, and I started getting into other animes, more recently, I started watching Durarara on Crunchyroll (on episode 7)

Lemme tell you, Durarara is kick ass awesome.

I mostly like shoujo and slice of life, but I'm not limited to them.

Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host club, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky*Star, K-ON!, Azumnaga Daioh, Hetalia, Powerpuff Girls Z (still watching), Tokyo Mew Mew (just started). I know more manga series than anime. I have read/am reading 17 different series.

• Brohoof 1

I like all kinds’ anime and manga. Not a huge of fans of some of the popular one, but I like almost all animes.

Animes

Buso Renkin

Outlaw Star

Yu Yu Hakusho

Soul Eaters

Azumanga daioh

Gundam Wing

Lucky Star

Baccano

And all kinds of others.

For manga I like.

MAR

Negima

Eyeshield 21

Blue Exorcist

Personally, I'm not entirely sure, but it is drawn in a very similar style as most anime is drawn in. Anyways, I finished Highschool of the Dead yesterday, and let me tell you, it is now one of my favourite animes of all time. However, they leave you on a massive cliffhanger, as it pretty much ends like it would for a new episode to come in, but the only thing is, it doesn't. I have heard that Season 2 is coming soon, is this true? (Also, I haven't watched the OVA yet.)

I too loved this anime and actually as I’m typing this now I’m watching it. The OVA isn’t that great and really has nothing to do with the plot. I don’t know if you don’t want any spoilers so I won’t say anything. I have also heard that Highschool of the Dead was green-lit for a season two though, which it exciting! :P