Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

• 2 weeks later...

Soul eater, yugioh, pokemon, Bleach, One piece, Fairytale, the list goes on. I love anime a lot although I haven't seen much of it recently. :P

I have a long list too.

Sailor Moon, Ouran High School Host Club, Princess Tutu, Iria: The Zeiram Animation, Tenchi Muyo, Solty Rei, xXxHolic, Metropolis, Big O, and a few others.

Edited by Airi

Anime that I completed (Red Bold means my personal favorite):

Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball GT

Samurai Champloo

Cowboy Bebop

FLCL

Lucky Star

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gintama

Fullmetal Alchemist

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Inuyasha

Yu Yu Hakusho

Azumanga Dioah

Gurrenn Lagann

Excel Saga

Samurai 7

Gundam Seed

Astro Boy (50's and 80's)

Sailor Moon

K-On!

High School of the Dead

Anime that I'm currently watching:

Elfen Lied

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Fruits Basket

Dorkoro Chan

I was born with anime, basically. Always used to watch Toonami when I was in elementary school, and was always looking forward to the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z!

Anime that I completed (Red Bold means my personal favorite):

Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball GT

Samurai Champloo

Cowboy Bebop

FLCL

Lucky Star

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gintama

Fullmetal Alchemist

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Inuyasha

Yu Yu Hakusho

Azumanga Dioah

Gurrenn Lagann

Excel Saga

Samurai 7

Gundam Seed

Astro Boy (50's and 80's)

Sailor Moon

K-On!

High School of the Dead

Anime that I'm currently watching:

Elfen Lied

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Fruits Basket

Dorkoro Chan

I was born with anime, basically. Always used to watch Toonami when I was in elementary school, and was always looking forward to the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z!

Whaaaaat? you prefer the original FMA series? :o I preferred Brotherhood much more :P

Animes which really stood out for me:

Kuroshitsuji

Durarara!!

Code Geass

Gurren Lagann

REBORN!

No.6

Steins;Gate

Lucky Star

Those would be my favourite series :P

Anime I've watched:

Skakugan no Shana

Angel Beats!

Anime I've watched but don't particularly like Neon Genesis Evangelion and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I've also tried to start watching Rosario + Vampire, but I couldn't bear through the first episode.

I'm also planning to watch Fullmetal Alchemist, Hetalia (should be easy, they're just 5 minutes), Code Geass, and Gundam Wing. I might start watching Karin and Highschool of the Dead, but I'm not too sure about that.

Anyone got another anime I could watch? Preferably one that's on Netflix.

Yeah, actually. Dragon Ball Z is pretty awesome, a true classic. I also watched old school Pokemon and Yugioh back in the day, got some nostalgia for those I guess. I've also seen some of Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto, FMA seemed ok but I never really liked Naruto. Recently I've been getting into Soul Eater, really falling in love with that one, I'm about halfway through the series I believe. :D

You all make me look like an amateur. Not so hard to do, honestly. I've only watched a few things in their entirety, most of them your standard fare:

• DBZ
  • Sailor Moon
  • Trigun
  • Outlaw Star
  • Durarara
  • Bleach (but I also read the manga)
  • Fooly Cooly (hated it, just throwing that out there)
  • Hakuouki
  • Samurai 7
  • A few episodes of Samurai Champloo.
Samurai 7 is by far my favorite. I haven't bothered buying DVDs or anything for most of the anime I've watched, but I had to get the Blu-Ray set of Samurai 7.

That's just series though. As for movies I've seen all of the Miyazaki stuff, all movies related to the above series, and Steamboy.

I pick most of the Anime i watch from the Anime News Network website, mostly i only watch the highly rated series' and that's worked out pretty well for me.

Steins;Gate

Code Geass

AnoHana

Deathnote

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Death Note

That's pretty much the best of what I've watched even though most of them are very well known. Steins;Gate is the definite stand out for me. I used to only watch Naruto but it got a little boring so i mainly only read the manga now.

i started watching anime thanks to animes such as sailor moon and pokemon and digimon then i graduated up to becomeing a inuyasha fan girl but when that series ended i started watching bleach and im still a huge bleach fan, i adore ichigo and rukia and i even have won cosplay awards for looking jest like rukia ^0^

im a huge anime fan ^0^ im currently into inuyasha the final act, full metal pannic, ouran highschool host club, and tsubassa, but my absolute fave anime would have to be bleach due to its length in anime air time and also the fact that i have won several awards for cosplaying as rukia kuchiki at anime conventions ^0^

I just finished Madoka Magica. Most misleading first two episodes ever. It starts off nice, but degrades into something depressing and quite sad, after only two episodes. It's quite dark in theme, despite the whole 'magical girls in dresses' image. Nonetheless, the story was brilliant, the soundtrack was amazing and I really liked the art style too. Gonna get this on Blu-ray when it's released.

• Brohoof 1

I planning on reading more manga (and possibly watching their anime) but for now I love these manga:

~Pokemon manga (all regions, Black/White is good, but it's too bad they're so short :P)

~Naruto

~Full Metal Alchemist

~Kimi Ni Todoke

So far that's all. Hopefully I'll read more. ;)

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Watched the 1st episode so far. My impression? This shit is SO FUCKED UP. Think cupcakes, but instead of ponies its anime. Definitely watching till the end. Interesting storyline and good setting.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Watched the 1st episode so far. My impression? This shit is SO FUCKED UP. Think cupcakes, but instead of ponies its anime. Definitely watching till the end. Interesting storyline and good setting.

Madoka Magica is really one of my favourites, if not the MOST favourite of mine. Really, things just get even more "fucked up", later on. The real stuff begins after the halfway point, really; just like a ton of other seinen anime/manga.

I'm sad. There are 217 replies to this topic and only one of them mentions Yu Yu Hakusho. Come on guys! If you haven't seen it, you're missing out on the true potential of anime. It's the same style as Dragon Ball Z only:

It has Kurama,

the attacks don't last seven episodes to charge,

it has Kurama,

It has a MUCH way of adding drama and suspense into their fights to where you don't even know if the main characters will win (sometimes they actually don't),

it has Kurama,

the animation uses shadows in the most beautiful way possible,

it has Kurama,

they incorporate gore, but not too much of it,

it has Kurama,

It is really good at messing with your emotions (IE Kurama vs. Bakken and the entire Chapter Black Saga)

and it has Kurama.

I'm just going to say that i love Cowboy Bebop, and i'm not going to go further, because i could be here all night writing.

I've heard really good things about Bacanno, so i'll probably end up staying up all night watching the entire thing.

I also enjoyed what i saw of Elemental Gelade.

I highly highly recommend Princess Tutu. It is my favorite anime, and it is breathtaking. The story is magnificent, the characters are great, the animation is beautiful, the art is cute. The musical score, is probably the best use of soundtrack music I have ever heard. Most of the music is ballet and concert music from the Romantic period (1800s) with a bit from the 18th and 20th Centuries too, and it is used beautifully, perfectly scoring the events of the story. I can't recommend it enough. It is a great work of contemporary art ^^

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1