Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

Just finished Another and Baccano

Another seems like an ok mystery, but the part where they actually solve it is so cheap and cop out, and basically is magic rather than the culmination of evidence collected. Also I find the ending distasteful, not going into spoilers, but it basically dampened my perception of EVERY character. Also for the first few episodes, it looked like a Death Note wannabe mixed with Higurashi elements, so I'm gonna have to shave some points off for creativity.

6/10, Not that great but not unwatchable if you got spare time.

Baccano on the flip side... I loled irl at some of the moments, and that's not common if you're me, and especially at 2:00 am. Also awesome concept, but unrealistic at times, but I don't think the anime takes itself too seriously versus some others, so its all good. Also, simultaneous triple storyline (or is it quadruple if you count the 1700s part) ftw. It does get violent at times, and has a lot of violence (most violent would be the part where x calls out y's bluff and sadistically bites off y's fingers), so not for the too queasy types.

10/10, I love light and funny animes, as well as morbid and dark ones, so max points.

What did you think about this scene? The last 2 episodes just became ridiculous and Mei should of just said who the dead person was, although then again she would of probably would of been killed by lightning or something like that right before saying who it was.

Anyone one here watching Sword Art Online? If you've watched the last 2 episodes, what are your thoughts on the episodes 15 and 16?

And does anyone have any anime recommendations that has high quality animation, like Angel Beats, Another, SAO, Gosick, or School Days? I'm thinking about watching Clannad next, but I want to know some other good ones with better animation.

I’ve been really into Witchblade lately, I’ve have watched it in pieces so I’m not sure I’m really following the plot, but I do know there are hot chicks that kick ass, so that’s awesome. :P

I’ve been really into Witchblade lately, I’ve have watched it in pieces so I’m not sure I’m really following the plot, but I do know there are hot chicks that kick ass, so that’s awesome. :P

I actually really liked Witchblade because I thought the characters were very interesting and well developed. The story can be a tad wonky, and the fanservice I thought was unnecessary, but the strong characters and beautiful music made it a great series to watch ^^

I actually really liked Witchblade because I thought the characters were very interesting and well developed. The story can be a tad wonky, and the fanservice I thought was unnecessary, but the strong characters and beautiful music made it a great series to watch ^^

Yeah, it’s pretty cool, I’m not a huge fan of fanservices, like Highschool of the Dead for example, I thought that was a great anime with a good characters and plot, but they obviously went out of their way for pantie shots and stuff. But yeah, I’m really into it at the moment, after this I’m going to start watching some Blue Exorcist. I’ve read the first two volumes of the manga and really liked them.

Edited by Flying Whales

My personal favorite anime is Claymore, although it would be better if it were longer because it's awefully short compared to most other animes.

Black Butler

Bleach

Hetalia

Highschool Of The Undead

Ect.....I watch many animes of various different genres and caliber.

• Brohoof 1

What did you think about this scene? The last 2 episodes just became ridiculous and Mei should of just said who the dead person was, although then again she would of probably would of been killed by lightning or something like that right before saying who it was.

Anyone one here watching Sword Art Online? If you've watched the last 2 episodes, what are your thoughts on the episodes 15 and 16?

And does anyone have any anime recommendations that has high quality animation, like Angel Beats, Another, SAO, Gosick, or School Days? I'm thinking about watching Clannad next, but I want to know some other good ones with better animation.

Apparently one dies per month, but in the end writer is like "meh, just instantly kill everyone that's not the protagonists"

They should've cut SAO after whatshisface died and the game cleared. I'm still watching though, not liking it.

As for anime, meh I don't really pay attention to animation. The only anime animation wise that I can recommend is FMA Brotherhood.

My personal favorite anime is Claymore, although it would be better if it were longer because it's awefully short compared to most other animes.

Black Butler

Bleach

Hetalia

Highschool Of The Undead

I think you and I are one of very few. I think Claymore is very underrated. Highschool of the Dead is nice and I’ve seen bits and pieces of Black Butler and it looks awesome. Claymore is actually one of the first animes I’ve ever seen too so that’s awesome! :D

Black Butler

Bleach

Hetalia

Highschool Of The Undead

Claymore is really good :3 though I wouldn't call it short. 26 episodes is about the standard length of most anime shows out there, with only a few stretching longer than that. Still, it is a good show, and so are Hetalia and Black Butler. ^^ You should check out Princess Tutu

I've finally found some anime I've gotten into after searching for months.

Here they are:

1. Deadman Wonderland

2. Samurai Champloo

3. Samurai 7

4. Casshern Sins

(Heard lots of good stuff about Samurai 7.)

Edited by Urdnot Shepard

• 3 weeks later...

I'm an anime fan myself! The main Anime I'm watching is Sword Art Online, I'm up-to-date with the newest episodes. It's an OUTSTANDING anime and I recommend it!

Other anime I watched/loved is Fullmetal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Rosario + Vampire, and Angel Beats.

Well, I am a big fan of Studio Ghibli and director Hayao Miyazaki, and I'm still pretty fond of the first Poke'mon generation. Would that qualify me as an real fan of anime? I kinda keep telling myself that I need to watch more anime (especially outside of Studio Ghibli), but I hardly seem to get enough time to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

The main series I've seen so far are:

• Death Note,
  • Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka,
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann,
  • Code Geass: Lelouch Of The Rebellion
  • High School Of The Dead
  • Pokemon
  • Spirited Away (movie)
  • Howl's Moving Castle (movie)

And so far I have loved them all (except Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka, didn't enjoy it quite as much)

I love anime! Though I prefer anime movies over series, I've been watching a lot of the second one lately.

My favorite anime series: Madoka Magica, Future Diary, When Cicadas Cry, FLCL, Haibane Renmei, Hyouka, Sakamichi no Apollon, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

Favourite anime movies: Paprika, A Letter to Momo, Mind Game, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Spirited Away, Howl's Castle, Grave of Fireflies.

Anyway, I have a MyAnimeList account where I keep on with every anime I've ever watched/am watching. (Also manga.) Anyone a member here?

• Brohoof 1

You can't call me an anime fan, BUT I absoutely LOOOOOVE Dragonball Z.

Battle of the Gods comes out in 2013 :D

I know, man! I just hope Funimation has enough sense to dub the movie with all the original VAs (though they'll probably add the ones from Kai's current lineup, but eh, who knows?)

I know, man! I just hope Funimation has enough sense to dub the movie with all the original VAs (though they'll probably add the ones from Kai's current lineup, but eh, who knows?)

Ugh. Kai voices....Seriously, why does Gohan have to sound so little-kiddish! They completely ruined his SSJ2 Transformation!

Ugh. Kai voices....Seriously, why does Gohan have to sound so little-kiddish! They completely ruined his SSJ2 Transformation!

Yeah, Kai Gohan even sounds more of a little runt than the Ocean Dub version.......and that voice was waaaay too high of a pitch lol.

Plus, Vegeta sounds less menacing in Kai, which kind of pisses me off a tad.

There are quite a few that I like. There isn't much anime out there I don't like. At least I haven't really seen one yet, nor have I watched a whole lot. I like Chobits, Fruits Basket, Initial D, some of the anime movies like princess mononoke, there are others but I can't really think of too many of them right now.

Yes! oh my gosh a thousand times yes! lol I'm not really obsessed. I have a few shows that I absolutely love, namely "Fullmetal Alchemist: brotherhood" "Trigun" "Rurouni Kenshin" up until the end of the first season. "Death Note" up until the end of the first season. and Inuyasha.

After the first season Rurouni kenshin became all filler, It had a really hard time keeping my interest. Death Note. just became too crazy at the end of the first season, plus it just lost it's appeal without "L" around. I really only watched it to see what happened.

There are shedloads of animes I like. I just finished watching Fairy Tail which was pretty good, although I hate the way they've set it up for more to come but not actually done anymore.

A really good one I'm keeping up with is Blue Exorcist I'm up to episode 6 now and am waiting on more to make an appearance.

My favorites though are Cowboy Bebop, Ghost In The Shell S.A.C, Death Note and FLCL.

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 2

I love anime! I was raised on it and I am very open to it. My favorite anime to watch are the studio Ghibli films! So perfect in every way! But I love lots of anime and I am so very open to any suggestions! I also love to read manga. I was that small, cute nerdy girl who walked around clutching manga and drawing books to my chest. :P

And oh yes, FLCL has got to be one of the most mindblowing anime I have ever seen. My specific anime of choice, besides FLCL, would be: Naruto, Death Note, Code Geass, Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist, ANY HAYAO MIYIZAKI FILM! :D

• Brohoof 1