Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

I love anime! I was raised on it and I am very open to it. My favorite anime to watch are the studio Ghibli films! So perfect in every way! But I love lots of anime and I am so very open to any suggestions! I also love to read manga. I was that small, cute nerdy girl who walked around clutching manga and drawing books to my chest. :P

Ah Studio Ghibli I wasn't including them thinking this was only about series... in that case yeah pretty much everything by Studio Ghibli. Although Graveyard Of Fireflies made me cry and that never happens.

• Brohoof 2

Ah Studio Ghibli I wasn't including them thinking this was only about series... in that case yeah pretty much everything by Studio Ghibli. Although Graveyard Of Fireflies made me cry and that never happens.

Pssssh all those movies make me tear up. LOL I'm kind of a proud cry baby. I am never ashamed to show my emotions in a movie. I cried watching The Dark Knight Rises for goodness sake!

Pssssh all those movies make me tear up. LOL I'm kind of a proud cry baby. I am never ashamed to show my emotions in a movie. I cried watching The Dark Knight Rises for goodness sake!

Yeah I just have a hard time accessing that part of me, something has to really hit me hard to make me cry and Graveyard of Fireflies did that. JUST SO SAD!

I do like it, though the newer stuff is just (to me) starting to get pretty boring. The occasional new show or remake of an older one is what catches my attention. For example, I just picked up parts 5-8 of Hellsing Ultimate, and they had a movie come out last year called Redline that was all sorts of awesome. Other than that, I tend to stick with older shows like Fist of the North Star, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and the like.

L's death in "Death Note" really made me depressed for quite a while. And i had trouble accepting he was gone. as for miazyaki films, oh god the animation in his films is really mind blowingly good. My favorite happens to be Princess Mononoke. And it wasn't a miazyaki film but has anyone seen a movie entitled "Grave of Fireflies" ??

L's death in "Death Note" really made me depressed for quite a while. And i had trouble accepting he was gone. as for miazyaki films, oh god the animation in his films is really mind blowingly good. My favorite happens to be Princess Mononoke. And it wasn't a miazyaki film but has anyone seen a movie entitled "Grave of Fireflies" ??

Lol I was just saying about that about 4 posts up :P

Such a beautifully sad movie.

I can't wait to see what else comes out of Ghibli.

Grave of Fireflies was the only studio ghibli film i've seen.  apparently this movie was based on a book. and the entire book was one giant apology letter to his sister.  and now i really want to read that book. 

I love anime I watched Da-capo (On youtube) But I had to pause it alot to read the subtitles cause it was in japanese, I watch Pokemon and I used to watch Vampire knight (I Dont care that it is on abc3) I also watched fruits basket ( Also Dont care thats its on abc3) And well I just cant find anymore anime I like :(

And well I just cant find anymore anime I like :(

If  you and any other pony, who wants to check this out don't mind watching a show geared towards children no older than 6 years old. I may just have a suggestion for you.  This show  follows the daily life of a young kitten who one day gets seperated from her mom and siblings.  each episode is about three minutes long.  but if you're an animal lover.  or want to watch something that will cheer you up this is the anime for you.  then this anime is for you. episode one if you want to watch is in the spoiler tag.  

Edited by angels_gal

If  you and any other pony, who wants to check this out don't mind watching a show geared towards children no older than 6 years old. I may just have a suggestion for you.  This show  follows the daily life of a young kitten who one day gets seperated from her mom and siblings.  each episode is about three minutes long.  but if you're an animal lover.  or want to watch something that will cheer you up this is the anime for you.  then this anime is for you. episode one if you want to watch is in the spoiler tag.  

Dear god that is obscenely cute.

• Brohoof 1

I love anime and cats omg soooooo cute though the eps are pretty short

• Brohoof 1

The length of the episodes may be slightly unappealing to you at first considering if you want to watch them all  there are 104 episodes i think?   I know it took me a little while to get over how short they were.

and oops! lol sorry everypony! I should have put a warning something like "warning:  may cause ocassional outbursts of "OMG that's sooo cute!"

Edited by angels_gal

I've seen a lot of animes by now, but lately I find it hard to get into any of them. I don't know why, but it seems every anime I've been watching seems a bit too generic to me, a bit too obvious, like I've seen it all before. My favorites are still: Trigun, Paranoia Agent, Code  Geass, Darker than Black and Soul Eater.

• Brohoof 1

I like anime. I'm a huge fan of Soul Eater, proven by the fact that my username here used to be "Death the Kid" and I also liked Fullmetal Alchemist. I was a pretty big fan of the original Yu-Gi-Oh too. ;)

Edited by Lightning Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

Oh man i have alot of anime i like to watch but i will give u some of fav's

• Gundam Wing
  • Mobile Fighter G Gundam
  • Gundam Seed
  • Gundam 00
  • Saint Seyia
  • Ronin Warriors
  • Zoids
  • X-men the original animated series (the one from the 90's)

Well everypony this is where i will stop or i will have a very large post.

• 3 weeks later...

I need an opinion on an anime. It's called BECK and a friend (I suppose) recommended it to me. It sounds like the sort of thing I'd be interested in, but I want to know if anyone else has watched it, and would like to give me a review on the series?

Since were discussing here I need some help finding more mature theme anime.

I'm interested in stuff that's also a bit more grounded in reality.

Perfect Blue comes to mind as the sort of thing I would be interested.

I am real late in this. 

Naoki Urasawa's Monster is really good--and is "realistic" and mature. I suggest this HIGHLY to anyone who wants a mature show.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite anime series will always be Serial Experiments Lain.

I also absolutely love anything ever directed by Satoshi Kon. (Millenium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, Paranoia Agent, Paprika, etc.)

Also, the classics that were always aired on adult swim. Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Samurai Champloo, etc.

Been watching things on Netflix recently. Mushi-Shi was very good, but often very sad. Princess Tutu was really, really amazing. Got into putting Soul Eater on while doing art homework. It's nice, but I don't usually like getting too into anime based on manga. 1) It might not end. 2) It might have to end with a vague ending because the manga's been going on for too long.

I still get joy when watching Sailor Moon. Especially Sailor Moon S and Sailor Stars. I'm looking forward to the remake, but I'm more looking forward to the chance of a faithful redub of the 90s show.

Since I was such a fan of the games (at least growing up), I decided to give Final Fantasy: Unlimited a try. I enjoyed the first few episodes, was bored by the 7th, and gave up on the 14th with no regrets about turning back. It looks promising at first, but the summons are very half-assed robotic versions that sometimes look out of place with the rest of the animation, the series makes few attempts at real characterization or storytelling, and it doesn't know when to give the audience a break from the same old chocobo joke.

Edited by Balamb

I have watched Hetalia and Death Note like them a lot :) ,i think everypony should watch them because they are so aweosme. Omg i hate the 100char thingy.

Yes, Death Note is quite a good anime. Not finished it yet however, but I've gotten further in the manga than I have in the anime.