Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

that is probably because it was on foxkids who also did the very well known dub, but yeah its an Anime based of the digimon games in japan.

but honestly i hardly keep tabs on it anymore after digimon data squad, but I watch Digimon Tamers every now and then because its awesome :D

ok two more recommendations 

Rahxephon, allot of people call it an Evangellion rip off... but its does it better so myah

Gankutsuou, the count of monte cristo - this anime is awesome and unbelievably beautiful 

you know maybe we should start a club were we pick an Anime for everyone to check out and talk about, it could be allot of fun.

what do you think?

I'm liking this idea. 

Also I believe if you liked all the seasons of Digimon I did....season 5 should burn in Satan's kitchen.

Then I think you will love Digimon series 6 (Xros Wars in Japan and Fusion in US/UK) at the moment I have only seen the Japanese dub but have seen trailers for the English dub so hopefully that will come out soon.  

Talking about other animes...mmm...I haven't really watched much other than the odd episode of Naruto, Bleach and One Piece...which are good. 

However...does manga count as anime? If so most of the "girly" anime are good to watch...I remember getting hooked on Mew Mew Power o_O...or Mew Mew Tokyo or w/e it is. And also one of the best mangas...DRAGONBALL and DRAGONBALL BUCKING Z :P

So many different genres to look at

Edited by Parsleyshy

I'm liking this idea. 

Also I believe if you liked all the seasons of Digimon I did....season 5 should burn in Satan's kitchen.

Then I think you will love Digimon series 6 (Xros Wars in Japan and Fusion in US/UK) at the moment I have only seen the Japanese dub but have seen trailers for the English dub so hopefully that will come out soon.  

Talking about other animes...mmm...I haven't really watched much other than the odd episode of Naruto, Bleach and One Piece...which are good. 

However...does manga count as anime? If so most of the "girly" anime are good to watch...I remember getting hooked on Mew Mew Power o_O...or Mew Mew Tokyo or w/e it is. And also one of the best mangas...DRAGONBALL and DRAGONBALL BUCKING Z :P

So many different genres to look at

Mew Mew Power..... yeah i know the feel....... "mew mew styile, mew mew...... gah gtf out of my head "

also yeah if i get more people behind it i'll start the Anime Club 

I only liked bleach for the first arc. Naruto I stopped watching shortly after shippuden, I love Fairy Tail and One Piece, Also must watches:

FLCL (6 episodes)

Gurren Laggan (27 episodes?)

also watch:

Toradora

Clannad

FMA:Brotherhood

Bowboy Bepop (first one I saw!)

but theres a ton out there that I can't even keep listing

• Brohoof 1

I'm personally tempted to start watching Avatar...I personally loved the film, is the animated series really that good? Or is it just the fan boys saying this?

most people that watched the series that I talked too didnt like the movie too much. I'm guessing if you liked the movie you'll love the series it's amazing

I'm personally tempted to start watching Avatar...I personally loved the film, is the animated series really that good? Or is it just the fan boys saying this?

yes, the Anime is far better then the movie in every way since the movie had to juggle so much in to its time frame.

also if you watch it check out legand of Korra after

Edited by PonyEcho

most people that watched the series that I talked too didnt like the movie too much. I'm guessing if you liked the movie you'll love the series it's amazing

yes, the Anime is far better then the movie in every way since the movie had to juggle so much in to its time frame.

also if you watch it check out legand of Korra after

Thank you for your replies, I may start watching tomorrow. What were your opinions on the Dragonball movie? I've watched both the manga/anime and the film and I thought it was good for what it was. 

Thank you for your replies, I may start watching tomorrow. What were your opinions on the Dragonball movie? I've watched both the manga/anime and the film and I thought it was good for what it was. 

the movie is awful....that all i say, however i am not a big dragon ball z fan because i only like 2 maybe 3 to stretch out a fight and DBZ go's much further

I've seen DB and DBZ not the movie though, dunno. I guess I am sketchy when it comes to anime movies from shows cause there is usually an untrue feeling or not enough in them. That's just my experience but some actually do a good job. Clannad movie was pretty solid and I heard Gurren Laggan had good movies. If it's a good series I'll usually leave movies alone but if it's a great series, that I feel I can;t get enough of I watch the movies.

I've seen DB and DBZ not the movie though, dunno. I guess I am sketchy when it comes to anime movies from shows cause there is usually an untrue feeling or not enough in them. That's just my experience but some actually do a good job. Clannad movie was pretty solid and I heard Gurren Laggan had good movies. If it's a good series I'll usually leave movies alone but if it's a great series, that I feel I can;t get enough of I watch the movies.

the Gurren Leggan movie is just anime series told in a shorter time frame but it got a nice budget so you don't see Ginax cut corners..... for once 

anyway don't bother watching it

Edited by PonyEcho

When I was first getting into anime it was with DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho. If you like Bleach than I think Naruto and One Piece would be  safe choices, they're pretty straight forward.

If you want to try out comedy, I recommend FLCL and Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou. FLCL (Fooly Cooly) is more surreal and Nichijou is more slapstick.

Mew Mew Power..... yeah i know the feel....... "mew mew styile, mew mew...... gah gtf out of my head "

also yeah if i get more people behind it i'll start the Anime Club 

I like this idea as well.

And all this talk of Digimon brings back a lot of memories. I only watched first two seasons and the movie though. I might have to go back and watch them again 

• Brohoof 1

Allow me to make my reccomendations.

Death Note (first one I always reccomend).

Lucky Star (The anime that made me an otaku)

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (just don't mind the very fleeting fanservice)

ToraDora (Starts out funny as hell, slowly becomes more serious. But still remains funny as hell at the same time.)

Puella Magi Madoka Magica (I know, it looks like a magical girl anime. But it's actually feckin' brilliant.)

K-ON! (Funny, and also damn good.)

Akira (It's a movie that EVERY anime watcher has to see it at some point.)

Edited by RainbowIzumi
  • Brohoof 1

When I was first getting into anime it was with DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho. If you like Bleach than I think Naruto and One Piece would be  safe choices, they're pretty straight forward.

If you want to try out comedy, I recommend FLCL and Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou. FLCL (Fooly Cooly) is more surreal and Nichijou is more slapstick.

I like this idea as well.

And all this talk of Digimon brings back a lot of memories. I only watched first two seasons and the movie though. I might have to go back and watch them again 

Ok I think i'll be making that thread soon maybe start it off with FLCL since its six episodes long.

and yeah you should totally check out Digimon Tamers, its the best of all of them and is just great to watch now and understand how creepy and dark it was for a kids show  

Have you ever tried Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z?

I'd recommend One Piece, as well. But I'll recommend One Piece to anybody that isn't all elitist against Shonen. It's an incredibly long series, and still no where near being finished, but there's something about it. After you fall in love with the characters it's worth it all of the way. Plus, it's a very emotional series. I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but One Piece is all about emotion. Of course, it's an action series, too, but I'm not one to like pure action (aside from DBZ, I don't know what's up with that). One Piece really has it all for a Shonen series.

If you like Dragon Ball Z I'd definitely recommend Gurren Lagann. They aren't the same thing, but if you like action Gurren Lagann is really the only series that has given off the awesomeness in action that DBZ did for me when I was younger. Plus, it's got a bit of emotion tossed in on the side.

One thing that One Piece and Gurren Lagann both share for me is an overarching tone of positivity, and that's another thing I like. I used to hate it when I was younger, but now I understand... Positivity is for the best. I love those themes in One Piece and Gurren Lagann.

Well the first thing to know is, what kinds of things are you into? Do you like shows with adventure and fantasy? Or maybe you like Romance? Maybe your more into movies. There are all kinds of animes to pick from. So here are a few of my favorite. Some of mine are odd ball ones. 

Yu Yu Hakuso- Has good action, adventure, a little mystery, and the big thing lots of fighting.

Ronin Warriors- Five teens are give mystical armor in order to fight the forces of evil.

Outlaw Star- A space age anime. It also has a touch of magic in it.

Cardcaptors Sakura- A young girl release a book of powerful cards and now she has to get them back. It's a cute anime.

Steam Detectives- If you like steam punk stuff than you will like this. A detective does his best to fight the forces of evil that plague his city.

SGT. Frog- Ever seen Invader Zim? Well this is kinda like it. It's about about a trope of frogs who try and take over the earth. But they have no idea how to do it.

Rune Soldier- Hard to explain what it is about. It's about 3 women who need the aid of a mage. They get stuck with a dome one who likes to solve problems with his fist and not his magic. It's has some great comedy.

Spirited Away- Now this is a great movie. The story is just beautiful. You just need to see it.

I hope my list of animes well help you. If you want more info on any just ask.

Here's a few of my favorites that I would recommend:

Neon Genesis Evangelion: If you don't mind major mind screws and more of a character driven story, Evangelion's a pretty good choice. If you want something with a bit more action, I'd suggest at least checking out the Rebuild films.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: A more hot-blooded type action anime. It gets crazy multiple times but that's really what makes it work. Plus, they break space. Come on, that's awesome.

Fist of the North Star: Something a bit older but the story and the action still hold up to this day. The manga is VERY bloody plus it has quite possibly the most manliest anime character of them all.

Samurai Champloo: A great Samurai anime with an incredible Hip Hop soundtrack.

And lastly, Black Lagoon: The characters are entirely likeable, especially Revy, and the action isn't all that bad. A nice story to sit through.

There are plenty more good things out there, but these are just a few I think are worth checking out the most.

Hmm thanks for all the suggestions guys. I have quite a lot that I'll be watching the first few episodes of now. :)

One Piece definitely sounds like the main one I'll be checking out, since Bleach and Naruto were already on my list.

Yesterday, I decided to start watching School Days. It is a great anime so far, and I'm only on episode 2. 

I've been told that it get's violent towards the end (bloody love violence) so that's something to look forward to. I might write a mini review on it when I've finished it.

Yesterday, I decided to start watching School Days. It is a great anime so far, and I'm only on episode 2. 

I've been told that it get's violent towards the end (bloody love violence) so that's something to look forward to. I might write a mini review on it when I've finished it.

Oh god schooldays..... i remember it all to well.

you'll enjoy the ending quite abit, it is one of the most out of turn tone changing things in anime ever, and i love that ending :P

I recently started "Re-Watching" the Yu-Gi-Oh anime, it's much better then i remember it. One really bad thing tho is that i only found it on f*cking english. Which i think totally ruins anime it should be japanese(With english subtitles).

• Brohoof 1