Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

(edited)

I don't really like animes that much and I don't know if any of these are animes,

but here you go.

Kappa Mikey-seems like an anime

Pokémon-the old one,Indigo League

Case Closed-I loved this one!!

Teen Titans-once again,seems like an anime

Kirby right back at ya-Poyo Poyo

If I start watching Death note,i will add it here.

That is all. (bows)

Edited by CrazytheRandomPony

YuruYuri is one of my favorites solely because of how cute and funny it was. But in terms of serious anime, I'd have to say that Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of my favorites. Honorable mentions to Rozen Maiden and Haganai.

One of my favourite animes is High School of the Dead. It's different to the usual anime style; nothing like a good zombie survival horror for a bit of originality! :P

I'm also a big fan of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I enjoy high school/ slice of life animes. It's a pretty weird anime, but it certainly keeps things interesting!

Monster

I tried so hard to complete that series but it's so damn slow.

|------------------------------|

These are anime I've completed, consider my favorites and would recommend anyone to watch:

1. Code Geass <---- More twists and turns than an M.C Escher artwork.
  2. Death Note <---- More twists and turns than Code Geass.
  3. Steins Gate; <---- Amazing Time Traveling Story and highest rated Anime series created according to ANN
  4. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood <---- Least favourit of the bunch but still an awesome series.
  5. Ano Hana <---- You will cry during this one. 

Series' i'm currently watching:

1. Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan) <--- Had goosebumps for almost the entire latest episode. Watch this series!
  2. Gankutsuou <---- An undiscovered Masterpiece.

MLP is an enjoyable series but it doesn't hold a feather to any of the series' i listed above.

(edited)

My favorites are:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Nichijou

Toradora

Minami-ke

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

Baccano!

Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Sakamichi no Apollon

In no particular order.

Edited by MuteMutt

1: Angel Beats

2: Initial D

3: High School of the Dead

4: Fooly Cooly

5: Devil May Cry The Animated Series

6: Pokemon

7: Yu-Gi-Oh

8: Inyuasha

9: Dragonball Z

10: Polar Bear Cafe

(edited)

My favourites (including movies):

Death Note
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Inu X Boku SS
Jigoku Shoujo
Mononoke Hime
Naruto (for nostalgia)
School Days
Spirited Away
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
Toki wo kakeru shoujo
Tonari no Totoro
Toradora!

The bold ones are still a little closer to me than the rest.
My over-all favourites might be Inu X Boku SS and Toradora!

In general, I prefer 25-episode animes over neverending stories, seinen&shounen over josei&shoujo.... Yuri over Yaoi.

Edited by Cocodrillo

Hmm, it's been a while since I've watched any new animes aside from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Out of the ones I can remember, it's hard for me to put them in order, but I'd say my top three are:

Wolf's Rain (the first anime I ever watched! ^.^), Bleach, Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I think I'm starting to get back into anime though - maybe after exams I'll try FMA or Soul Eater.

it's been a while since I watched anime but, my two new favorites series are:

Sword Art Online (the first arc)

Shingeki no Kyojin (I have to wait one month for the manga!)

and from older ones: 

Dragon Ball z

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Naruto

HunterxHunter

Deadman Wonderland

Death Note

Full Metal Alchemist

Soul Eater

Bleach

Ruroni Kenshin

and many other I can't remember

I don't watch many animes, maybe about 10 different serieses and a few movies so far. Still, my favorites are:

1. Record of Lodoss War

2. Pandora Hearts

3. Neon Genesis Evangelion (I watched the "Rebuild" films only)

4. Fullmetal Alchemist

I just finished watching Akane Iro Ni Somaru Saka yesterday and I liked it quite a bit. The ending kind of pissed me off at first but now that I've had time to think about it I think I like it. :P

230px-Akaneiro_ni_Somaru_Saka_game_cover

Halfway through Ghost in the Shell but losing interest, anyone know any more light-hearted comedic anime?

I'm a fan of Angel Beats! (duh), School Rumble, Ouran HSHC, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Hetalia, and a whole bunch of others.

-snip-

Hey there, I believe my dp matches your sig/dp/display name/everything! Yui appreciation!

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if I'd be considered an anime fan due to the fact I've only watched a few that sparked my interest. But I have seen Chobits, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Hellsing and Death Note, and lately I started Tonde Burrin aka Super Pig. . I tried to watch the first ep of Cowboy Bebop but it was the English dub so I turned it off after a few minutes. XD Other then that one I loved them all <3

I don't know if I'd be considered an anime fan due to the fact I've only watched a few that sparked my interest. But I have seen Chobits, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Hellsing and Death Note, and lately I started Tonde Burrin aka Super Pig. . I tried to watch the first ep of Cowboy Bebop but it was the English dub so I turned it off after a few minutes. XD Other then that one I loved them all <3

Chobits! That was the cutest, funniest thing I've ever seen, the episode with the underwear... And one line from Chii, 'Chii is Chii Hideki said Chii so Chii is Chii's name now!' Also, interesting concepts about the future of AI biggrin.png Started the few couple of episodes Inuyasha, never got around to watching it all... Much good? biggrin.png

Chobits! That was the cutest, funniest thing I've ever seen, the episode with the underwear... And one line from Chii, 'Chii is Chii Hideki said Chii so Chii is Chii's name now!' Also, interesting concepts about the future of AI img-1503201-1-biggrin.png Started the few couple of episodes Inuyasha, never got around to watching it all... Much good? img-1503201-2-biggrin.png

Inuyasha was good, I loved how unique each character was but it could also be cause it was the 2nd anime i ever watched. XD Chobits, I still cant watch when my parents are around cause it makes me get all nervous they're going to think I'm watching hentai XD

Inuyasha was good, I loved how unique each character was but it could also be cause it was the 2nd anime i ever watched. XD Chobits, I still cant watch when my parents are around cause it makes me get all nervous they're going to think I'm watching hentai XD

I know, right? It's such a quality anime, but if you show someone a random clip, it looks like oversexualised nonsense... If only they knew :P

• Brohoof 1

Halfway through Ghost in the Shell but losing interest, anyone know any more light-hearted comedic anime?

I'm a fan of Angel Beats! (duh), School Rumble, Ouran HSHC, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Hetalia, and a whole bunch of others.

Hey there, I believe my dp matches your sig/dp/display name/everything! Yui appreciation!

Nichijou is a pretty funny anime and Azumanga Daioh is as well, though those both take more of an over-the-top type approach to comedy. I watched Binbougami ga! recently which is also pretty funny, it has lots of references to other anime but has more ecchi than the other two animes I mentioned.

Or you could go for the more slice of life type comedies like Lucky Star or Minami-ke. Or if you're looking for a more cutesy and innocent slice of life comedy, there's Strawberry Marshmallow.

• Brohoof 1

Nichijou is a pretty funny anime and Azumanga Daioh is as well, though those both take more of an over-the-top type approach to comedy. I watched Binbougami ga! recently which is also pretty funny, it has lots of references to other anime but has more ecchi than the other two animes I mentioned.

Or you could go for the more slice of life type comedies like Lucky Star or Minami-ke. Or if you're looking for a more cutesy and innocent slice of life comedy, there's Strawberry Marshmallow.

Most of those are in my backlog, is that a bad thing? :L Haven't heard of Binbougami ga!, will check it out. I do enjoy slice of life, Lucky Star was pretty awesome, so was K-On! :D Thanks for the reccommendations, you sure know your anime :D

Well.....

Some of you can tell from my avatar that I just finished watching Elfen Lied.

Liquid pride.

I wanna watch some animus that are similar to this, I liked this one a lot and I liked angel beats a lot Also. They each had characters that you slowly got to know about and learn their sad stories. And the different attitude of these characters were very unique.

I'm planning to watch TTGL but I have to do it online on YouTube or some anime viewing site since they don't have it on Netflix. *Le sigh.

Do you guys have any animus similar to these that you would recommend?

Most of those are in my backlog, is that a bad thing? :L Haven't heard of Binbougami ga!, will check it out. I do enjoy slice of life, Lucky Star was pretty awesome, so was K-On! biggrin.png Thanks for the reccommendations, you sure know your anime biggrin.png

Slice of life and Comedy are my favorites so those are the genres I pay the most attention to. My backlog is huge, I want to get around to clearing it up but new, interesting anime keep popping up.

I actually didn't know about Binbougami ga! either until it was brought up as the focus anime in the anime club thread. Check it out if you're interested. :)

• Brohoof 1

Slice of life and Comedy are my favorites so those are the genres I pay the most attention to. My backlog is huge, I want to get around to clearing it up but new, interesting anime keep popping up.

I actually didn't know about Binbougami ga! either until it was brought up as the focus anime in the anime club thread. Check it out if you're interested. smile.png

I'm hoping to clear mine up in the summer, when there's more time to focus on other things that's not exams/job-related worries. I'll definitely check that thread out, thanks for all the advice smile.png

Cowboy Bebop only favorite anime and my favorite person was Eddie he or she is so crazy and funny he or she is like the clown of the show to bad the only made 25 eps and a movie  

Ed (where did you get Eddie from?) is most definitely a she. Eyelashes and all that. Plus she screamed when they tried to steal her peanut that one time. And I'm pretty sure it was 26 episodes.

DEATH NOTE is the best anime evaaaaah 

although black butler is a close second mann i love anime

hmmmm....what is your favorite anime ??   happy.png