Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

I just think they sound god-awful. It's not a matter of actually reading the subtitles, I'm fine with that. It's just the awful voice acting. Always high pitched or low pitched for female and male.

While you are entitled to your own opinion and are free to watch anime in any way you like, i have to disagree highly with this. As someone who speaks Japanese and is a voice acting coach. I have to say i highly disagree with your opinion here. You also have to keep in mind that the type of voice acting appeal to different cultures.

Not watching a whole lot at the moment, but i've a few i'm slowly going through.

You watch multiple series at once? I just like to marathon one series and finish it in a couple of days lql.

If you like K-ON you should watch the other shows from their animation studio (Kyoto I think). They have pretty good animes, like Chuunibyou and Nichijou.

Sora No Woto is a lot like K-On too, it's like similar characters in a different setting/plot. Though I liked it a bit more than K-On.

• Brohoof 1

You watch multiple series at once? I just like to marathon one series and finish it in a couple of days lql.

If you like K-ON you should watch the other shows from their animation studio (Kyoto I think). They have pretty good animes, like Chuunibyou and Nichijou.

Sora No Woto is a lot like K-On too, it's like similar characters in a different setting/plot. Though I liked it a bit more than K-On.

Yeah, i'm not always sure what to watch when i actually have time or want to watch something. So it happens that i start new ones before finishing the ones i've started.  I end up marathoning too if i've absolutely nothing else planned.

Besides, that way the overall "length/life" of a serie last longer.

Also, thanks for the suggestions, i'll make sure to save them to the watch list. :)

No problems here. And the hentai thing was a joke, though looking back on it, it might not have been in the best or most appropriate taste ._.''

No worries. I figured it was a joke, but I've seen some terrible things posted before by people you'd think would know better, so I just thought it best to say a little something.

No worries. I figured it was a joke, but I've seen some terrible things posted before by people you'd think would know better, so I just thought it best to say a little something.

The internet sometimes y'know? I'm glad no one actually posted that kind of stuff, considering this is a relatively PG-13 forum about multicolored mini horses...

You should add Angel Beats and Minami-Ke to that list. Both of them are really great anime in my opinion, especially the latter wink.png

Damnit I forgot to put Angel Beats on that list, I've been planning on that one for a long while, though I don't think that I've heard of Minami-Ke I'll have to look up that one too.

Damnit I forgot to put Angel Beats on that list, I've been planning on that one for a long while, though I don't think that I've heard of Minami-Ke I'll have to look up that one too.

Angel Beats is really feelsy. Not as much as Madoka, but enough to make you shout "FEELS!!!" Also, Yui-Nyan is best character, by far

Anyways, been planning on watching Rozen Maiden. It has received plenty of crap at my anime list for plotholes and such, but people at Bakabt have praised it. I guess I just have to see for myself and make a judgment

Anyways, been planning on watching Rozen Maiden. It has received plenty of crap at my anime list for plotholes and such, but people at Bakabt have praised it. I guess I just have to see for myself and make a judgment

Rozen Maiden itself was great, I thought. Shinku just become more and more endearing as time went on ;_;

However, I could never find the Japanese dub of Traumend or whatever and I've never gotten to see that, so tell me if you find one. ;D

I like to watch anime shows. I dont really know anyone else who watches anime so I thought I would ask you guys. If you watch anime which ones are or were they and how are or were they.  Here is a small list of some I have watched.

Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple 

Gurren Lagann

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World

Well thats all I can think of for now.

my favorite anime are the fate series and the sword art online series and am trying to watch my little sister cant be this cute  ( its fucking weird) 

I've heard Sword Art Online is really bad and got stomped to death in plenty review sites. Oh well

Anyways, My little sister can't be this cute is really good, I absolutely loved it. Some great comedy right there

• Brohoof 1

I could have started a thread for this, but since a lot of anime threads have been merged and I'll get more feedback here anyway, I think I'll post in this one.

I don't know much about anime, and I've only recently started watching some, but I gotta say I like what I've seen so far. I've taken it upon myself to start watching anime and get into the fandom, so I've decided to do some mini reviews and share my impressions. I'll be posting regularly as sort of a thread within a thread, so if anyone here is new to anime like me, or is a long-time fan, then please post comments or suggestions.

So, let's start Fluttermena's Anime Noob Reviews!

- Last Exile

First anime i ever watched, and it gave me a very good first impression. I was browsing Netflix looking for a good first anime, and this one caught my eye.

- Plot:

After climate change made Earth inhabitable, several spaceships called "Exiles" carried humanity to space colonies where they could survive until Earth became habitable again. On one of those colonies, the two nations who live there are in the middle of a war that is enforced and regulated by the Guild who controls the colony. Two courier pilots, Claus Valca and Lavie Head, find themselve thrown in the middle of a conspiracy to rebel against the Guild and gain control of Exile, which will allow the colonists to escape and return to Earth with the other Exiles.

- Pros:

Ermagherd post-apocalyptic dieselpunk and airships! Also: intrigue, airships, interesting characters, and cool airships. Did I mention the airships?

- Cons: It gets (very slightly) childlish at times, Lavie's english voice is annoying (although the original japanese probably isn't much better) and conspicuous CG (from what little I've read on Tv Tropes, GONZO has a reputation for CGI fails).

- Verdict: Steampunk and Dieselpunk fans will probably like this one, I know I did. And am I the only one getting Titan AE vibes from this?

That's all for now, I have three other series to review, but I'll save them for later posts. I'm pretty excited about all this.

I've heard Sword Art Online is really bad and got stomped to death in plenty review sites. Oh well

Anyways, My little sister can't be this cute is really good, I absolutely loved it. Some great comedy right there

the first season was brilliant  but the second was season appalling thats probably why critic sites are saying its shit  :D

I started watching FMA: Brotherhood... WHY is there so many CLIFFHANGERS!? Lol... I go into the early hours of the morning watching it, until I finally decide not to watch another episode....

the first season was brilliant  but the second was season appalling thats probably why critic sites are saying its shit  biggrin.png

Wait, there's a second season of that anime? How am I not aware of this?

I'll check it out as quickly as humanly possible

I started watching FMA: Brotherhood... WHY is there so many CLIFFHANGERS!? Lol... I go into the early hours of the morning watching it, until I finally decide not to watch another episode....

Welcome to the dark world of anime, where cliffhangers roam free and are out of control

(edited)

Wait, there's a second season of that anime? How am I not aware of this? I'll check it out as quickly as humanly possible
dont bother mate the second season is shit and will ruin youre view on the first season and am watching my little sister cant be this cute now! Edited by HunterScars01

dont bother mate the second season is shit and will ruin youre view on the first season and am watching my little sister cant be this cute now!

I'll still watch it, just for curiosity's sake. How bad could it get? I want to find out. Plus, I kind of need a closure on that anime :/

I'll still watch it, just for curiosity's sake. How bad could it get? I want to find out. Plus, I kind of need a closure on that anime :/

Yeah, it's a good decision to watch it. It gives you an idea of how a lot of potential can easily be lost. The first 15 episodes or so were pretty darn good, but the second season took a massive nosedive. I can't complain though. I got quite a bit of enjoyment from it, the first season, that is.

Ahah, I agree with you on the marathon thing. Also, Kyoto does have good stuff, I agree. Haruhi Suzumiya, Chuunibyou, Clannad and a lot more I enjoyed. However, these days they seem to have run out of ways to make girl characters. A lot of them look like this:

61495_492183244169560_934829170_n.jpg

:I

Anyway, excited for Chuunibyou season 2?

Anyway, excited for Chuunibyou season 2?

Hmm, speaking of Chuunibyou, when will the second season start airing? I've been anxiously waiting for it :3

Also, does anyone know any good moe slice of life anime like K-ON?

Hmm, speaking of Chuunibyou, when will the second season start airing? I've been anxiously waiting for it :3

I haven't heard of a release date yet, sorry. :/ I don't really think It'll be in fall though, also I've been hearing things about a movie for it that comes out on September 14th. 

I haven't heard of a release date yet, sorry. :/ I don't really think It'll be in fall though, also I've been hearing things about a movie for it that comes out on September 14th. 

I thought I read somewhere that that was actually confirmed. 

I too am awaiting the second season, can't wait for its release.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't always watch anime.

But when I do, I watch Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop.

Seriously though, those two anime (animes?) are my favorites. Especially Bebop....

You gotta love a show that makes a John Woo reference. wub.png

• Brohoof 1

I LOVE anime, but I haven't been watching as much as I used to. That being said, the latest anime I got into is Panty and Stocking. It surprised me with how raunchy it is! On an interesting note for those who didn't know, Panty and Stocking debuted eight days before MLP! It only has 13 episodes, though!

My favorite anime of all time is Neon Genesis Evangelion. It set the bar (and the archetype characters along with it) for many a mecha anime to come!

Most recently watched was Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude, Where We Are Least Alone.

Yosuga-no-sora-anime-all.jpg

Really quite a touching story and interesting how it has multiple endings (so it stays true to the visual novel). It is a very well done show, however for those who are thinking of checking it out; be warned. It is extremely NSFW. It's as close to hentai as you can get without showing actual intercourse. And of course, there's the incest route too. If you are into more mature anime however, and can overlook (or even enjoy these things) I would highly recommend it.