Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

Wooohooo! I'm back from another anime binge!

I managed to bag Paradise Kiss for very cheap on ebay :D so watched all of that. And I also spent my money on Future Diary and Deadmans Wonderland  on dvd and I bought the 1st 3 volumes of Attack on Titan.

Sooo now all my money that was going to be used for the summer steam sale is gone now ;A;

(edited)

Pacific Rim. I liked seeing the american take on kaiju and mecha. It beat the hell out of Cloverfield.

They should dump JJ Abrams and let Guimero Del Toro(sp?) do Star Trek and Star Wars.

(This was meant to go in Last Movie You've seen. Last anime I watched was Girls und Panzer)

Edited by Fluttershutter

• 2 weeks later...

I am super ticked off at the people who made the new Pokemon movie with Mewtwo in it!

Saw a subbed version of the new movie he's in. I don't care about his new form,

but they said it's not the original Mewtwo from the other movies!

In the games they only made 1 of him and to have a female sounding one

REALLY MAKES ME WANNA THROTTLE THE POKEMON

ANIME MAKERS!!!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I am super ticked off at the people who made the new Pokemon movie with Mewtwo in it!

Saw a subbed version of the new movie he's in. I don't care about his new form,

but they said it's not the original Mewtwo from the other movies!

In the games they only made 1 of him and to have a female sounding one

REALLY MAKES ME WANNA THROTTLE THE POKEMON

ANIME MAKERS!!!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a second... the Mewtwo from in the new movie isn't the same Mewtwo from the rest of the movies?

Profound sadness.  :( I loved the original Mewtwo, but I guess his story is over. 

Oh, and was the movie good or...?

@@Mutemutt, I only saw the prologue movie on youtube with subs. I dunno when the actual movie will be out.

Anyways if you want I can link the one vid on here.

The movie already premiered in Japan, I'm pretty sure. You don't have the link the video if you don't want to; I'm just going to look it up eventually  :muffins:

Hello my friends! Have you had enough Lucky Star in your life yet?

Or has anybody at least seen any anime that I have? ._.

Baka and Test? Angel Beats? Hayate no Gotoku? The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat?

At least tell me some of you have seen Hayate no Gotoku. It's depressing how few people know it exists.

Well, so far I've completed watching Baccano, Angel Beats and FLCL and I'm currently watching FMA: Brotherhood, Lucky Star and I'm also following Attack On Titan.

So far, I'd have to say Baccano is my favorite anime next to Angel Beats. But the thing is with Angel Beats, I have no idea how to feel about the ending.

After I'm done watching FMA and Lucky Star, I'm gonna move on to Cowboy Bebop. Does anyone have any suggestions for an anime I could watch afterwards?

Well, so far I've completed watching Baccano, Angel Beats and FLCL and I'm currently watching FMA: Brotherhood, Lucky Star and I'm also following Attack On Titan.

So far, I'd have to say Baccano is my favorite anime next to Angel Beats. But the thing is with Angel Beats, I have no idea how to feel about the ending.

After I'm done watching FMA and Lucky Star, I'm gonna move on to Cowboy Bebop. Does anyone have any suggestions for an anime I could watch afterwards?

"Baka and Test" was my favorite, and I suggest that if you like comedy anime.

Angel Beats was from KEY. "Little Busters" and "Clannad" were from KEY. Get to watching!

I also recommend "Hayate no Gotoku",

I started "The World God Only Knows" and enjoy it.

Don't forget to watch the OVAs of all anime! Lucky Star's OVA was awesome!

Also, I don't know how to feel about Angel Beats' ending as well.

Hello my friends! Have you had enough Lucky Star in your life yet?

Or has anybody at least seen any anime that I have? ._.

Baka and Test? Angel Beats? Hayate no Gotoku? The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat?

At least tell me some of you have seen Hayate no Gotoku. It's depressing how few people know it exists.

Yes I've seen Lucky Star, Baka Test and Angel Beats. I'm still working on The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat (yeah I know I'm super slow); I loved every moment of it so far.

I tried Hayate no Gotoku but I just couldn't get into it for whatever reason. I tried both seasons too. It was funny, but it just didn't hook me in.

• Brohoof 1

Angel Beats was from KEY. "Little Busters" and "Clannad" were from KEY. Get to watching!

I also recommend "Hayate no Gotoku",

I started "The World God Only Knows" and enjoy it.

Don't forget to watch the OVAs of all anime! Lucky Star's OVA was awesome!

Also, I don't know how to feel about Angel Beats' ending as well.

I do like a good comedy. Especially in an anime. I think I'll give Baka and Test a try after Cowboy Bebop. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Brohoof 1

Necro powers: GO!

Has anybody heard of the anime "Sunday Without God"?

I'm know for having fairly low standards for anime an videogames, but I REALLY like this anime so far. Four episodes in, watched three episodes (crunchyroll makes non-subs stay a week behind) and I really like it!

The anime is gorgeous, the idea and story are interesting, and I'm liking the characters so far!

The BGM, OP, and ED are nice, too!

LIDDUL BASTAS

I just finished the Visual Novel and moved on to the anime adaptation. I've only seen a few episodes, but I like it so far. I'll keep watching

And guise, plz stop talking about Baka and Test... It only makes me further regret that I've been postponing it for so long ;_;

It sounds like the perfect anime for me

LIDDUL BASTAS

I just finished the Visual Novel and moved on to the anime adaptation. I've only seen a few episodes, but I like it so far. I'll keep watching

And guise, plz stop talking about Baka and Test... It only makes me further regret that I've been postponing it for so long ;_;

It sounds like the perfect anime for me

Did you do Little Busters!:Refrain, VN? I saw the preview, and I'm looking forward to the anime adaptation of that. I've heard it'll be an emotional rollercoaster. :I

Did you do Little Busters!:Refrain, VN? I saw the preview, and I'm looking forward to the anime adaptation of that. I've heard it'll be an emotional rollercoaster. :I

Yea, I've completed Refrain. The only thing I have left to complete is the true ending to Kurugaya's route. I'm too lazy to complete it though :/

I'm also looking forward to the adaptation, I really hope it meets my expectations

I'm not sure if it's been discussed yet, but my favorite anime is Tsuritama. It's about a bunch of boys hanging out and fishing and being adorkable~ Eventually there's a plot but that's not nearly as important as the amazing character development and art! eek~

I've also been watching Gatchaman Crowds this season, which is actually directed by the same person as Tsuritama, and I am completely in love. Who doesn't love robot magical girls? hehe ✿♥‿♥✿

I was obsessed with KEY in middle school; I must've watched Kanon 2006 like four times. I like Air TV and Clannad too, and I still haven't put time aside for Little Busters. Angel Beats broke my heart, I'm pretty certain that I sobbed for a half hour straight after the finale.

Some anime I very highly suggest are: Kuragehime, Higurashi (only the first season imo), Anohana, Humanity Has Declined, Mawaru Penguindrum, and Nichijou.  And of course the oldies-but-goodies FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Haruhi Suzumiya (even the Endless Eight), Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, really any mahou shoujo... ~ If you're looking for just a new anime, I advise checking one of these out.

Anime noob is a title I'd like to assign myself with. I haven't watched an awful lot of it, although I did watch a reasonable amount of Pokémon and One Piece as a kid.

But I recently finished watching a short series based off a manga called "Elfen Lied". A friend recommended it to me so I decided to give it a shot, and before I knew it I had watched every episode; in a single sitter at that. It was surprisingly good, focusing more on developing each character than going all action-packed (although it does have some really gruesome battles). I like that.

So yeah, it's sort of making me enjoy anime, and I'll probably watch It again sometime. If there is anything I could change about it however, it would be the start. The first 9 minutes are very off-putting and almost stopped me from watching it, but thankfully I didn't ^^

My favorite anime has gotten a third season which is currently airing. Its an anime about a gamer guy who with the help of a ditzy demon girl saves girls from loose demon souls by making them fall in love with him. It may sound cliche but it is quite funny and compelling. The World God Only Knows is what its called and I highly suggest it.keimabronieavi_snapshot_0003_20120503_22I like the show so much I made an AMV for AMV Hell 6 which is what this screen cap is from. I still haven't watched

AMV Hell 6

Chihiro_The_World_God_Only_Knows_II_-_08

Edited by akalink
  • Brohoof 1

Iv been watching a lot of anime lately, Soul Eater, Darker than Black, Full Metal Alchemist, Angle Beats, the list goes on and on ...

• 4 weeks later...

Iv been watching a lot of anime lately, Soul Eater, Darker than Black, Full Metal Alchemist, Angle Beats, the list goes on and on ...

Darker Than Black is one of my favorite anime. I gotta get around to the second season still though. What'd you think of it? Hei is like...the most badass main character ever. :lol:

• Brohoof 1