Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

• 3 weeks later...

I used to watch Naruto, though I prefer reading the manga now. Bleach I watch a little off and on, really.

The animes I'm currently watching are RWBY, Legend of Korra (not 'anime' by the strict definition of the term. They are kind of Western anime), and Gurren Lagann. After I finished Gurren Lagann, I plan on watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

So I finally watched Neon Genesis Evangelion.... and by finally.... I mean I've gone though over 10 years of people telling me to watch this show by multiple people to either have me on the side of NGE being the greatest thing evar or it being a crappy over hyped mess.

so here are my thoughts.... I liked it a whole lot more then I thought I would and the only reason I watched it is because I'm marathoning the rebuild movies with some friend and I heard that its more enjoyable if you have seen the original.

Just found Crunchyrool a month ago and here are my favorite animes i am watching at the moment

Watamote No Matter How I Look at it, It's Your Guys Fault I'm Not Popular

Sword Art/ALFheim Online

My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering With My School

Lucky Star

Hunter X Hunter

RWBY

Angel Beats (Again)

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Devil Survivor 2

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Kaji 

and a lot more

• Brohoof 1

Ok so I have a bit of a problem and I'm wondering if someone could help me out.

So I managed to buy the Kara no Kyoukai- Garden of Sinners box set with all 7 movies but the issues is about the order they should be viewed.

Release order movies 1 to 7 or the chronological order Movies 2,4,3,1,5,6,7.

I'm kinda unsure which way to view them will be the most rewarding so if any one can help me out I would be very grateful. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't watched an anime all the way through yet, but I'm planning on finishing Ouran High School Host Club soon. Also, I've watched up to episode six of Lucky Star, I'll finish that soon as well. I'm planning on watching Fruits Basket and Sailor Moon as well.

I watch my anime on crunchy roll and right now im watching RWBY, Chi's sweet home, Another, Sword art online, arpeggio of blue steel, my life choices are interfering with my high school career, and Lucky star the one im most interested in is probably another and arpeggio of blue steel.

• 2 weeks later...

There are just so many..I don't know where to start xD Here's to name a few...

Cardcaptor Sakura

Chobits

Pita Ten

Digi Charat

K-on!

Lucky Star

Sailor Moon

Hime-chan's Ribbon

Hamtaro

Digimon Tamers

Little Busters!

Little Witch Academia

PPGZ

Outbreak Comapany

Clannad

Ojamajo Doremi

and more...

Edited by Lunar

There are just so many..I don't know where to start xD Here's to name a few...

Cardcaptor Sakura

Chobits

Pita Ten

Digi Charat

K-on!

Lucky Star

Sailor Moon

Hime-chan's Ribbon

Hamtaro

Digimon Tamers

Little Busters!

Little Witch Academia

PPGZ

Outbreak Comapany

Clannad

Ojamajo Doremi

and more...

everything about whats going on here is-> wink.png

K-ON, naruto, bleach, soul eater, usagi drop, blak lagoon, kaichou wa maid-sama, ouran highschool host club, darker then black, clannad, cardfight vanguard, basically, I watch a lot of anime and I remember like 10% of all I watch

I have seen tons of animes: Higurashi,Dragon Ball,Gurren Lagann,To love Ru,and much more,but the one that i love with all of my heart is Neon Genesis Evangelion,it is the best anime ever made,complex characters,complex story,everything is awesome in it,i recommend it to everyone that wants to lose his mental sanity that wants to see an awesome anime with an awesome plot 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching Girls und Panzer. It was the very first un-dubbed anime I've watched, and the credit for that goes to the intensity of the battles, and the actions of Miho, her crew and her fellow tank crews against their every foe. Normally, I don't like watching un-dubbed animes, as I find the Japanese hard to settle in with, but that had little effect on how the anime garnered my interest. It was about tanks, and not just tanks, but WWII tanks, which I have a very fond interest in. As aforementioned, I loved the seriousness and intensity of the battles as they showed while it may look fun to ride in a tank, the horrors of war once again destroy that illusion to unmask the steel, tracked behemoths as rolling deathtraps. The fear that was visible in the crews eyes in the first few episodes denoted this clearly; they didn't feel safe or invincible in their tanks. They felt like sitting ducks, especially when one of their tank's components got damaged in a fight. They also seemed to know when they were losing, which made them feel worse. Just like every soldier, sailor or pilot in war, they did not feel safe, and to make matters worse, even in the controlled environment of Panzerfahren, their lives were at stake.

Speaking of which, before I watched GuP, I played World of Tanks (I still do btw) and before now I never understood the true cost and importance of losing a crew member. Thanks to Girls und Panzer, now I understand how vital it is to have a full, healthy crew, and it is thanks to this lesson that I now strive to keep my tank and its crew alive in battle, while trying to get the tank into its designated role. Oftentimes, I don't succeed, but I thank Girls und Panzer for 6 me this, and showing me the importance and value of each crewman of their respective tanks.

And Panzerfahren? Don't get me started on that! :wub:  

The characters in GuP, Miho and all, are so lucky to be able to take part in what is considered a martial art in the anime. It makes me wonder why there isn't such a thing in real life, with the only differences being the ammunition, which would be blanks, and sensors which would detect whether a tank was damaged/destroyed, or a crewman injured. If there was, I'd happily do it, so long as I got to be the gunner of my favourite tank, the Tiger II.

All in all, I finished the anime today, and I can safely say I loved it. It taught me a valuable lesson to be remembered in future WoT games, and the anime is very clever in comparing tanks to women. Just like tanks, girls can be both steely and powerful. All you have to do is treat them right, and they'll serve you well. Jolly good show, says I  :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a single soul has been here since I last posted on the 16th? Dear god, where have all the Anime fans gone! Anyway just thought I'd drop by and mention how completely awesome and hilarious Kill la Kill is. I'm at, i think, episode 8 right now and it's already become one of my favourites. 

Been watching some animes on Netflix that I haven't watched before, just finished Heaven's Lost Property, and earlier Chobits. I enjoyed both of them!

Now I am on to watching Okami-San, so far so good!

• 2 weeks later...