Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

I watch sooooo much anime it is staggering. I just finished Hell Girl season two and I am now working on season 3. My top five favorite anime are as follows.

1. Lucky Star

2. Princess Jellyfish

3. Attack on Titan

4. Sailor Moon

5. Inuyasha

• 2 weeks later...

Wolf Children I swear is one of the best stand-alone anime films that have come out in years!  It's better than The Girl who Lept Through Time and other popular movies. It's right up there with Tokyo Godfathers!  Now I'm purposefully excluding Ghibli because that like comparing beautiful little evergreen sapling to a friggin Giant Sequoia...

Currently going through Silver Spoon Season 2 and Log Horizon as anime is subbed...

For starters, I'd recommend One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, be it the first series or FMA: Brotherhood, totally up to you but I'd go for the latter as it's more loyal to the manga, Hajime no Ippo, and/or Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic. If you're also interested in manga/manwha, all four of those are really good reads as well along with Noblesse, Feng Shen Ji, The Breaker (which comprises of two parts), Kingdom and Rosario+Vampire (also made up of two parts and has an anime that could also be worth watching).

As far as anime goes, if you get more into it, Kill la Kill, Guilty Crown, Code Geass, Uchouten Kazoku, Dangan Ronpa, and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni are really nice to watch as well. Ranma 1/2 is pretty amazing too but it's rather long.

Bolded for highly recommended

Edited by Freedan

So recently I've been watching Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne, Heaven's lost property, and My Bride is a mermaid on Netflix.

I've only watched half of the Mnemosyne episodes but I'm really liking the show so far. It's a lot better than I thought it'd be.

Both Heaven's lost property, and My Bride is a mermaid are pretty funny. Goofy shows like these are nice to watch every once in a while.

• Brohoof 1

I really miss watching trigun...

So recently I've been watching Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne, Heaven's lost property, and My Bride is a mermaid on Netflix.

I've only watched half of the Mnemosyne episodes but I'm really liking the show so far. It's a lot better than I thought it'd be.

Both Heaven's lost property, and My Bride is a mermaid are pretty funny. Goofy shows like these are nice to watch every once in a while.

Lol Netflix ftw!

Do you also watch MLP on there? 

• Brohoof 1

~OnylexOmnyPony, on 02 Feb 2014 - 4:36 PM, said:

I really miss watching trigun...

My dad is currently in the process of watching that on Netflix. He told me it was pretty good. What did you think of it? Would you recommend it? I'd totally be up for watching it, as I'm looking for new anime to watch at the moment.

My dad is currently in the process of watching that on Netflix. He told me it was pretty good. What did you think of it? Would you recommend it? I'd totally be up for watching it, as I'm looking for new anime to watch at the moment.

I liked it, its one of those animes that is sort of slow in the beginning but, it defiantly gets better as you continue watching. 

Its got a lot of nice action, stand out characters, humor, and a pretty darn good story. 

I think it had pretty great animations for a 90's anime. 

Edited by Onylex
  • Brohoof 1

Trigun one of the only anime I've watched but I still really enjoyed it. I'd definitely recommend it.

Yeah. I've watched Gurren Lagann and Trigun and I'm currently going through Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (damn that's some good stuff!). If anyone knows any good action focused anime, like the ones I've watched, then I'd be more than happy to hear some recommendations.

• Brohoof 1

Lumen, on 03 Feb 2014 - 3:19 PM, said:

Trigun one of the only anime I've watched but I still really enjoyed it. I'd definitely recommend it.

Yeah. I've watched Gurren Lagann and Trigun and I'm currently going through Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (damn that's some good stuff!). If anyone knows any good action focused anime, like the ones I've watched, then I'd be more than happy to hear some recommendations.

Thanks, I'll give it a try sometime.

Gurren Lagann, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood are both pretty damn good anime.

Anyways, Attack on Titan is an amazing action anime. You should totally watch it some time. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently trying to find Kojika Monogatari. It is an anime show from the 80's based off the book, The Yearling.  I am having an extremely hard time finding it since it is so old.  Can anyone help?!?

If so what do you like? Ive seen and liked Soul Eater, pokemon, Solty Rei, XXX Holic,Count of Monte Cristo:Gankutsuou, Baka and Test, Death Note,DBZ, and Naruto.

All of those animes you just listed i love them all! I remember back in the 90's that Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon, Trigun and all those old classic animes are always my favorite cause i grew up with them. But theres so many anime that its kinda hard to have a real favorite. Some of my favorite animes include Mew Mew Power, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, Ghost Hunt, Ereuka 7, Hellsing, Ah! My Goddess!, Hellgirl, Mushi-shi, Spirited Away, Bleach, DN Angel,. Blood +, Witch Hunter Robin, Outlaw Star, Gudam Seed, Big O, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Samuri Shamploo, Dragonball Z and few others.

• 1 month later...

O: why isn't this thread alive? 

If you like romance anime, really cutesy ones, I recommend Kimi ni Todoke! :DD

I just finished it today, and loved it all ^-^ It's definitely one of the best I've seen, I really liked the animation, which is different than most! The music was great too! 

I was wondering if anyone knew any other great romance anime, only other one I've really loved like this one is Kaichou wa Maid-sama o:

Iv decided to give Sward art Online another shot. 

Seems to be really popular as of late. 

Iv also started watching pokemon on Netflix. lol

• Brohoof 2

I'm currently watching Casshan original series and the Soultaker from Taksunoko Productions. I love this Animation studio. I'm a big Anime fan. You could say I'm a otaku since Anime is what I watch the most. :)

Seems like fanservice anime XD But I'll add it to the list :3 I might watch it soon and most likely will at some point, if it can qualify for a top 5 O:

I've only watched around 12 romance anime and 48 anime in total so there might be better ones out there that I'm just not aware of.

Iv decided to give Sward art Online another shot. 

Seems to be really popular as of late. 

Iv also started watching pokemon on Netflix. lol

:DD yay! You really should watch SAO ^^

I did watch an episdoe of the new pokemon season O: I guess I really liked it because I found it subbed XD

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mine are:

-Attack on Titan

-Free! Iwatobi Swim Club

-Sword Art Online

-Ouran Highschool Host Club

-Hetalia

-Nichijou(one of my first animes)
-Clannad Afterstory(I cried my eyeballs out... it was my first drama anime)

-Vocaloids

what are yours?

-DreamBrony :D

Azumanga Daioh

Cowboy Bebop

FLCL

Bleach (until end of Soul Society arc)

Edit: Wait, I forgot Hikaru No Go!

Edited by SolarFox
  • Brohoof 1