Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

I remember watching the new subbed episode every week when they came out.

The dub came out, and still none of my friends new about it.

Kid @ Mikami's school -> "Dude have you heard of this new anime called SAO, its epic!"

Mikami -> *puts on hipster fedora cap*  "Pfft, I watched it in sub before it was cool, nothing new." lol jk

Anyway, It might have also become popular due to [AS] showing the full anime as well as Netflix's release.

Same thing goes for Attack on Titan.

Also, Watamote is hilarious!  :lol: 

Its super overdramatic! 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Knew PMMM and F/Z would be on here.

SAO and AoT are a bit overrated (I still like them a lot), I'll give a few new anime that's THIS year worth watching.

How about something 2014? [

Black Bullet came out this April. It's an early impression, but it looks cute but it's really scary (darker than PMMM) and enjoyable. The main character is badass.

Synopsis: In the near future, the world has been ravaged by a deadly and contagious virus known as Gastrea, which transforms its host into mutant beast. But mankind has managed to keep the virus at bay by using Civil Security Companies that contract a Promoter/Initiator combo: the Promoter oversees battle logistics, while the Initiator fights the mutated Gastrea monsters.
Good bits: Infected superhuman young girls who kick a bunch of mutant ass. The action in Black Bullet is fast and frantic, and Enju (the little girl) manages to be adorable without being annoying.

Other 2014 anime I recommend (Based off early parts of the show, the shows aren't done yet)

Captain Earth

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

No game no Life

Mekaku City Actor

Seikoku no Dragonar

Kenzen Robo Daimidaler

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Hitsugi no Chaika

Go see Black Bullet though (+17 rating, and violent, be warned). It's really good so far and its animation is very different to the story.

Edited by Carbon Maestro

@@Carbon Maestro, The anime is good, but it's pretty bad compared to the manga as of the latest episode. The anime covered the material too fast iibh.

Captain Earth

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

No game no Life

Mekaku City Actor

Seikoku no Dragonar

Kenzen Robo

Daimidaler Soredemo

Sekai wa Utsukushii

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Hitsugi no Chaika

Of these, I definitely recommend No Game No Life (best series of the season imo), Mekakucity Actors and Hitsugi no Chaika. Bokukoku no Brynhildr is also really good. I've also been catching up with Nobunaga The Fool. First episode already had me hooked. Great animation, AMAZING music score and sound effects, not to mention having Oda Nobunaga, Jean D'Arc and LEONARDO DA VINCI in a space opera with medieval looking mechas is enough to make me squeal like a fangirl.

Nobunaga-the-FOOL-4-650x365.jpg

post-8423-0-34264800-1399379989_thumb.png

Those are all the show's I'm currently watching this spring season. Sidonia no Kishi (Knights of Sidonia) is my current favourite. I know everyone is fangasming over No Game No Life but I just don't think it's as interesting. 

Kid @ Mikami's school -> "Dude have you heard of this new anime called SAO, its epic!"

Mikami -> *puts on hipster fedora cap*  "Pfft, I watched it in sub before it was cool, nothing new." lol jk

Anyway, It might have also become popular due to [AS] showing the full anime as well as Netflix's release.

Same thing goes for Attack on Titan.

Also, Watamote is hilarious!  :lol: 

Its super overdramatic! 

I can't wait for Gun Gale Online. I know it's going to be awesome!

I find it strange how much I can relate to a crazy high school girl. (Tomoko from Watamote, of course.)  :blink:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Panderp: Good golly, where do we start? Well, personally my top three are SpaceDandy, Black Butler, and Panty and Stocking with Garterbeltt

Snow Droplet: I like Revolutionary Girl Utena, Ouran High School Host Club, and Free!.

Panderp: You only like Free! because of the men, don't you?

Snow Droplet: SHUTUPTHEY'REBEAUTIFUL. >8U

Edited by Panderp-SnowDroplet

I'm not a huge anime fan at all, but this year I just decided to check a few out for some reason, being Madoka Magica, Death Note, and Attack on Titan, and I actually really liked all of them. Some awesome shit. ;)

Lately I've watched a few episodes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and the first episode of Kill la Kill, I'll probably finish them both eventually. :lol:

So yeah, I like the shorter, more action-packed animes I guess.

Started watching Trigun again. I haven't seen it in years. There are a few things I wish had come out of the manga and into the anime but it's an overall amazing anime anyway. I think it's the earliest role that I know of for Johnny Yong Bosch as well.

(edited)

http://anichart.net/summer

I think this summer is going to be so slim for good anime.

Aldnoah.Zero- has such pedigree behind it. created by Gen Urobuch , Katsuhiko Takayama, Hiroyuki Sawano doing the music and A1 pictures doing there first mecha show.

To me that's the only new good original anime that's coming out this summer that isn't a continuation like Free!  or just a  re-airing like what Psycho Pass is doing. 

Edited by PonyEcho

The only anime I watch is Naruto.

honestly you should branch out. The big animus may be good for keeping you going from a. Week to week basis, but some of the smaller ones are just so much better and of a much higher quality.

ATM I'm watching no game no life :)! Love it! I've watched lots of animes probably miria nikki is my fav (or maybe date a live) but they are both very different!

I really need to make a list :P

• Brohoof 1

My current list is fairly small, but I hope to expand it over time, especially during this summer. :)

Currently I'm watching 'My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute', and I'm certainly adoring it ... you know, i-in case you couldn't tell. :wub: In fact I'm having trouble staying true to my daily episode limit (breezed through ~8 episodes in one sitting ...). 

Recently, aside from that, I've also gone through Hataraku Maou-sama, which I loved, as well as No Game No Life, which I loved even more! :lol: Definitely going on a good roll here, though I'm not sure what to watch next when I'm done this ... perhaps SAO? *Shrugs* We will see. ;)

I've been watching No Game, No Life lately. That's probably my favorite of the season. Then there's:

One Week Friends, love it, don't want it to end (as in, I taking a long time before watching the last episodes)... It's one of those soft-hearted animes. These always seem to draw me in.

The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior, just funny enough to hold me over. Not super special, but definitely not boring.

It ended before summer, but World Conquest Zvezda Plot was pretty silly and done very well.

I've been trying to watch Sword Art Online lately, but I have to say that I think the show skips around way too much. Every arc is started and finished pretty much immediately; it's kind of ridiculous. I'm guessing the light novels are much better and that the anime is squeezing a ton of progress into just 20 odd minutes.

I tried watching Gokukoku no Brynhildr as well, but for some reason it's just not clicking with me. I liked the manga, from what I read of it, and now I just can't really watch the anime. That just tends to happen with me...

I started Chrome Shelled Regios a little while ago. Only six episodes in but I like it. An interesting world and amazing opening song. It's taking a bit too long to heat up though.

One Week Friends, love it, don't want it to end (as in, I taking a long time before watching the last episodes)... It's one of those soft-hearted animes. These always seem to draw me in.

Just looked this one up out of curiosity, and it seems interesting. I think I might give it a go when I'm finished Oreimo. (I try not to watch multiple anime at once) :)

Been really enjoying Kill la Kill lately. Gotta be one of the most over-the-top shows I've ever seen, but beneath all its shameless excess the characters and action are amazing imo. About halfway through atm, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up loving it in the end. :)

5142ab9ed5dd56153b731de52021ac5b13795479