Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

If so what do you like? Ive seen and liked Soul Eater, pokemon, Solty Rei, XXX Holic,Count of Monte Cristo:Gankutsuou, Baka and Test, Death Note,DBZ, and Naruto.

Edited by BigMacintosh
  • Brohoof 4

I enjoy a good anime from time to time.

Or at least I did. Recently I find I can't really get into anything at all. I did like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann though. Pretty sure that was the last anime I even bothered watching.

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy a good anime from time to time.

Or at least I did. Recently I find I can't really get into anything at all. I did like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann though. Pretty sure that was the last anime I even bothered watching.

I liked Gurren Lagann too. I see what you mean though, I haven't really been into anime all to much these past months. Especially as a future cartoonist and animator (which I aspire to be) I want to broaden my tastes. Watching movies from the animation golden age such as The Secret of N.I.M.H, Plague Dogs, and one other, but it's not exactly the best to mention since it has some graphic scenes (it's a movies with a cat detective named Francis, based off a german novel, that's all I'll say).

I like to watch anime whenever I have some free time. One Piece is one of my favorites, but I also love DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, Fate Stay night, deathnote, and the original yugioh.

• Brohoof 2

I currently have 13 animes that I am watching... Looking back I should probably get to it and finish some of them up. Ever since MLP FiM came out and I got into it, it has been hard for me to get into any action anime.

My current favorite anime is One Piece. No, I will not read the manga before anypony asks. I like to watch the show.

Yup, I love anime. Though there are times I don't watch any at all except the few I have on DVD and play more games and vice versa.

I have an opened Blassreiter Complete Series that I'm gonna start watching soon. I hope it's as good as it looks.

My top favorites include Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, Kino's Journey, and Mushishi.

I'm glad I did some research on Higurashi before I watched it. It's definitely a different anime.

Used to be a big anime fan, don't really find myself watching all that much these days.

Currently following Fate/Zero (first episode of which was much better than I expected), favorites from days past include Spice and Wolf, Haibane Renmei, Azumanga Daioh, and Full Metal Panic.

• Brohoof 3

I gotta rewatch FMP. I've seen the first season and most of FUMOFFU but I need to see it again before I watch Second Raid.

If you're a book guy at all you should give the novels a shot, I wasn't really expecting much from them and was pretty surprised when I found that they blew the anime straight out of the water in my opinion.

The story up to TSR has been translated, not sure if they're doing the post TSR stuff or not, unfortunately.

Twelve Kingdoms is another great one that I forgot to mention above.

Edited by Zoop
  • Brohoof 1

I have been an anime fan for a few years now. I got started with Studio Ghibli, and have been hooked ever since.

Favorite series: Mushishi, Darker than Black, Clamp series (XXXHolic and Tsubasa are favorites), Death Note, Clannad, etc.

Favorite movies: Origin Spirits of the Past, Steamboy, Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, etc.

I was big into anime for a few years.

Dropped almost every series I followed like a year and a half ago as I got more into western comics like Bone and Titans. Nowadays I just watch a movie like Grave of the Fireflies or Akira from time to time and wait for Evangelion Rebuild 3 to be released.

I still enjoy Berserk and Conan too, but I've come to terms that neither will end in my lifetime so I stopped checking for new chapters.

Edited by Bonzy

I still enjoy Berserk and Conan too, but I've come to terms that neither will endin my lifetime so I stopped checking for new chapters.

Bonzy, you don't live your life to see how you die. You live you life for the time between those two.

Similarly, you don't watch an anime/read a manga to see how it ends, if that was the case you would watch the first episode and then the last episode, you watch/read it for the adventure of getting to the end, even if it never gets there.

Just my two cents about not watching/reading something because you don't think it will end.

And more of my favorite animes: Ano Hana, Zero no Tsukaima, Shakugan no Shana, Code Geass.

Edited by Linguz

Bonzy, you don't live your life to see how you die. You live you life for the time between those two.

Similarly, you don't watch an anime/read a manga to see how it ends, if that was the case you would watch the first episode and then the last episode, you watch/read it for the adventure of getting to the end, even if it never gets there.

I'm satisfied with the hundreds of pages of adventure I've already read.

Now it's worn me out and I don't feel a drive to continue unless I know there will be a satisfying ending to the series.

I'm satisfied with the hundreds of pages of adventure I've already read.

Now it's worn me out and I don't feel a drive to continue unless I know there will be a satisfying ending to the series.

Sorry if I came out rude or anything by the way. I was just giving what I thought on the issue of "I won't do this because I will never see a conclusion." Of course, different people have different view points on it and I completely respect one's decision to stop something because it has worn them out.

Nowadays I just watch a movie like Grave of the Fireflies or Akira from time to time and wait for Evangelion Rebuild 3 to be released.

I've got to say, despite the fact that I have absolutely no love for the old Evangelion TV series, I've somehow managed to enjoy the hell out of the new movies - a local theater was showing 2.0 when it first came out stateside, so I figured I'd give it a shot, fully expecting to hate it. I'll be making a return trip for 3.0.

I wouldn't consider myself an anime fan. But that's really because I don't care to be associated with the fanbase (which I really do not like).

I do, however, like some anime. One Piece is my favorite. My other top favorites are Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann, and Ouran High School Host Club.