Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does it bother you to see Valentine everywhere ?

Le Trotteur Sauvage

I mean, everywhere I look I just see Valentine's day Valentine's Day !

Facebook wish me a happy Valentine's day, so do Snapchat etc etc. On ads, on the radio, in the street.

But there's also the people, I just get outside to eat and there were like a flock of couple, coming from nowhere, I've never seen so many couple before in my town, it was like, an invasion ^^

So, personally, it kinda bother me because well you know, I'm single and all their happiness make me sick but also because it looks like couple are hanging out just this special day. I mean why don't they hang out more often ? Do they really need a special Lovers day to do something ?

It seems like it's the kind of thing that people are doing because everybody else is doing it...and I think it's sad. Because I don't think that you need a special day to show to your gf/bf that you love her/him.

So what do you guys (pony ?) think ? I am right or am I completely out to lunch ?? :o  

Yes, it does bother me a lot. As a single person, it is very annoying. and I know it bothers others too, I have seen some forever alone comments

• Brohoof 1

The only aspect of it that bothers me is how corporate and shallow it all is. This could be said about any holiday really, but for some reason Valentine's Day just irritates on that subject. It is the corporations saying "Hey, show your special someone just how much you love them by BUYING THEM STUFF!!" This is the same reason I cannot stand the corporate nature of Father's Day and Mother's Day. I mean, if you want to buy them something then by all means you should do that if it is what you want, but the fact that many of these holidays center entirely around buying things irks my chain.

On the other hand we get the benefit of holiday sales. Cheap candy on Valentines and Halloween, cheap video games and hardware during Christmas, etc.

I love the corporate nature of holidays for that very reason.

I don't begrudge anyone for liking the holiday. Sometimes it's been good to me, most of the time it's a reminder that I'm alone. But I'm not going to make other people feel bad because they like it.

Valentine's Day doesn't mean a thing to me. I just see it as a regular day because I never got involved with anyone--I do regret my choice though it's too late now--yet I won't stop anyone from enjoying the holiday. If someone and their significant other love it to pieces then who am I to stop them? Granted, it does go overboard from time to time.

Yeah. It's more about the opportunism and how people blow it out of proportions that annoy me. It's more about the love for money (your money) than a celebration of love itself it feels.

If I wish to buy a gift for my fiancee, I don't need to wait for Valentine's to do. I'd prefer to buy it when it's not overpriced and surprise her. Also not to take her to a crowded place - this time we ordered pizza and had a quiet evening home together.

It doesn't bother me one bit, I pay no mind. I have never cared for it much, it's just another day. Even as I have a girlfriend, it's just another day? If you let yourself be bothered just because you're single, you could actually spend that energy on treating yourself instead, or your family, your friends, your pet. Nonetheless, it's a day of love, whether you spend that day to yourself or others or things, it's nice to have a day like that. To remind you that love is important, no matter what love it is.

When I was single, I didn't really hate the holiday. Though to be honest, past me was more into doing hobbies and relationships seemed more like an anchor to me, so I wasn't really into it nor was I bothered by the others who liked to celebrate it. 

Edited by Atticus of Corgidia

I find it funny, mostly because of how much importance people give to romantic love, even funnier when one thinks about the amount of romantic relationships one is going to be in.

I don't mind it at all and other people too should stop taking it so seriously. Yes, love lasts for entire day, not just appears on 14th February. But come on, let couples have some fun. I am single so I simply don't celebrate the day, that's it. No big deal. And it takes more than stupid commercials etc to actually hurt my feelings as single :V 

If anything about valentine's day bothers me it is the fact that some people try to look "cool" and "edgy" by boycotting it etc. Omg, You've boycotted Valentine's Day. How brave of You (mind You, people I don't refer to everyone who is bothered by it). 

With this being said there's only one day that matters to me on February.

Fat thursday! <3

A little, Valentines is just another day, you can express your love on any other day, right? And, it's just an excuse for marketing (horribly) cheesy products. Maybe it's because i'm single? I dunno..

Valentines is just another day, you can express your love on any other day, right?

That's exactly the first reason why I think it's kind of stupid, because some people wait for this special day to do something, but you should do it everyday ! Everyday you should show to your girl that you love her ! 

To be honest, i wouldnt even noticed that it was Valentines Day, because at my Workplace, nothing Valentines Day Themed happened.

So...im pretty sure i even forgot Valentines day last year.

The Day just doesnt interest me, since i never had a relationship.

(edited)

Totally late to this party, but seriously, anyone bitter about Valentines Day and being single is being silly and wasting their energy.

I've never had a boyfriend in my life.

You know what I do on Valentines Day?

Spoil the fudge out of myself and draw pictures of my favorite ships! XD

Edited by ShadOBabe

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Normies! *Seething*. Valentines is consoomerism so consoom me jealous you wish you normie. *Seething*. 

Though yeah do your thing enjoy consooming chocolate and spending money to show you love someone. No I like it I don't really think about it too much as not celebrated much here haha.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Not really, because I don't worry too much about what my relationship status is (whether I am in one or not), and my birthday is 2 days away from Valentine's so I'm more thinking of that

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...