Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

the future is going to be amazing!

I used to be a stranger

well, i kinda am, since they made great games before, they can do it again.

which they can earn more money on.

steam hasn't really changed much over the years and it still works (kinda) decent.

and should i call you dudette?

ma'am?

human?

That's my point though, it's good to look forward to new games, considering their past,

but starry-eyed optimism aside, they're a business.

Just because they have and can made great games, doesn't mean they're going to.

They're a business.

They'll go where the money is.

Maybe down the road, they might make a game, maybe even sequels past the number 3,

but given the practical actions of Gaben in recent years, I don't think it's likely ^^;

That's my point though, it's good to look forward to new games, considering their past,

but starry-eyed optimism aside, they're a business.

Just because they have and can made great games, doesn't mean they're going to.

They're a business.

They'll go where the money is.

Maybe down the road, they might make a game, maybe even sequels past the number 3,

but given the practical actions of Gaben in recent years, I don't think it's likely ^^;

maybe, i hope they don't.

but speaking of businesses, i think it's good that they make full VR games, it's a gimmick yes, but one that is still relatively new:

at least the type of VR we have now.

someone gotta make way for new content for it, so more people will show interest, try it, buy it, support further development.

today i don't think there are any full scale VR games on PC (RE7 has PSVR support tho).

now that i think about it, Project Cars and Euro Truck Simulator 2/American Truck Simulator has basically native VR support, still not enough.

Eh, I don't really have any interest in VR... anything, to be honest.

I can't get past how much of an "OOO, LOOK WHAT I CAN DO' gimmick it is ^^;

Though it's neat to see how far the tech' has come lol

• Brohoof 1

Ready to be let down?

As of this year, the Doomsday Clock has advanced thirty seconds closer to midnight. It is now two and a half minutes to midnight. You've just been let down.

The Doomsday Clock is complete bogus. When it was established it was 7.5 minutes to midnight. The suggestion that the alt-right emergence and the Trump presidency is bringing us closer to doomsday than the Cuban Missile Crisis or the 60s is laughable at best. These angsty "scientists" can keep on dreaming.

• Brohoof 3

Ready to be let down?

As of this year, the Doomsday Clock has advanced thirty seconds closer to midnight. It is now two and a half minutes to midnight. You've just been let down.

Yes but even if the United States and Russia declared war on each other tomorrow, the world would keep turning, eventually guns would stop gunning and nice things would still happen eventually.

That's it.

I'm officially looking forward to more jokes like that come the rest of 2017.

That gave me a serious case of the chuckles.

XD

Hi Officially Looking. I'm Dad.

Edited by Blue

Video games is the first thing on my list. Next, robotics technology, mainly androids and how far advanced they'll become. I doubt robots will become fully self-aware in my lifetime or any time soon. I'm also curious how well the self-driving cars will turn out. As someone who doesn't drive this could either be really useful to me or dangerous to ride in. 

Warp Drive, baby!  ...Seriously:  NASA has been doing experiments with Alcubierre's equations to see if a Star Trek-style warp drive is even possible.  Science fiction sometimes really does become science fact!  (Though I wonder if the Navigational Deflector that Star Trek has is going to be an issue IRL...?)

Reference dark energy:

I have only taken one Physics course, but news about this makes me want to go back to school

• 3 years later...