Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is G4 Sunburst based on G1 Sunburst?

Dec Browne

The background character Warm Front used to have the placeholder name 'Sunburst', until somepony else took the name. Sunburst has tons in common with Warm Front, heck, Warm's even dressed like a wizard, but do you think the creators thought of G1 Sunburst when they designed the new Sunburst?

Yes, it's glaringly obvious. Same symbol, same colors, same name. Just a different species. I'm unsure of his personality in the original comics so I don't know how close they are to that. It's no different then the species and personality change between G3 and G4 Rainbowdash.

He could possibly be a descendant as well.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

Well gen 4 Sunburst is most likely placed in there for the generation 1 fans since Sunburst was a mountain boy pony originating in the UK the other mountain boy ponies were also weather related, but Hasbro is always sneaking in older generation ponies for the older fans to pick out since they know that fans from generation 1 also watch generation 4 so its like a gift from Hasbro to the fans of the older generations.

Hasbro did not always own the right to every single generation 1 my little pony so they had to change the character a little in some way or form which is most likely why they changed Sunburst making him a unicorn instead of a earth pony which he originally was its just like how the mane 6 was going to be based off of the original generation 1 ponies, but Hasbro did not have the rights to them so they instead made them generation 3 and snuck in the older generations as background ponies they now hold the rights to them, but the mane 6 has already been made.

Now I could be wrong with all this, but this is just my opinion.

• Brohoof 3

G1 Sunburst looks like Sunset Shimmer.

Sunset Shimmer is based off of generation 3 Sunshimmer which was a mail order pony Hasbro based a lot of the characters off of older generation figures and characters who were in a show or movie.

• Brohoof 2

Yes they are one in the same. 1 they both have the exact same cutie mark.2 both have the exact same name.Its not uncommon for Hasbro to put past gen ponies in the show.For example Moondancer the design is exactly the same as her gen 1 counterpart.

• Brohoof 2

G1 Sunburst looks like Sunset Shimmer.

There are a ton of sun-themed ponies. Especially with suns peeking behind clouds. As has already been stated, Sunset Shimmer is just a revamp of G3 Sunshimmer.

Yellow and red are a very uncommon color combo though. Only a handful of ponies have it.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 2

Honestly, though. Warm Front looks so much more like G4 Sunburst.

I don't see much of a resemblance. They have different coat colors and gen 4 Sunbursts mane matches more to his gen 1 counterpart then Warfronts. Also gen 4 Sunburst has stockings and a blaze.
  • Brohoof 1

Yup I can see its based on G1 sunburst. Im happy they changed him a lot tho xD love his goatee, new hairstyle, glasses etc

also happy they made him a wizzard unicorn more ginger and pumpkin coloured ♥♥♥  G4 Sunburst 11/10

cutie marks for comparation

s-l300.jpg

Sunburst_colt_ID_S5E26.png

didnt know about Warm Front . nice to know xD

Edited by Tropico

This is like how I'm the only one who thinks Toodee from Yo Gabba Gabba is like Rainbow Dash.

Why do people always react so negatively when I bring this up? I don't get it.

Edited by Dec Browne