Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if theatres gave discounts to Bronies?

ggg-2

(This topic is based on a dream i had last night. Try not to take it TOO seriously!) I had a dream last night that my mom and I went to the mall (our movie theatre is in the mall) for the MLP movie and got a discount on admission for me being part of the fandom. How would feel if theatres actually did this as a promotion?

• Brohoof 3

I would feel confused. Why discount people when you can make a ton of money from them? Plus, how would you tell if someone is a Brony? Is everyone that shows up who isn't a preteen girl a Brony? Now, if someone arranged to maybe cosplay and try to promote the movie, I think that's another story.

• Brohoof 1

It would feel good actually, I'm not gonna lie ...but then it wouldn't make sense because the goal of those places is to make money and by doing that they would be doing the exact opposite but then again... It would feel good to be rewarded by just being a fan of the show ^.^

• Brohoof 2

All that's needed is probably a brony shirt to get a discount. What's an even easier plan?

But bronies are the target audience. They're going to be gladly willing to pay full price to see the movie. It might be a bad business decision, just looking at the potential profit flow

• Brohoof 1

All that's needed is probably a brony shirt to get a discount. What's an even easier plan?

But bronies are the target audience. They're going to be gladly willing to pay full price to see the movie. It might be a bad business decision, just looking at the potential profit flow

No they're not. Bronies have never been the target audience of MLP and never will be.

(This topic is based on a dream i had last night. Try not to take it TOO seriously!) I had a dream last night that my mom and I went to the mall (our movie theatre is in the mall) for the MLP movie and got a discount on admission for me being part of the fandom. How would feel if theatres actually did this as a promotion?

What, and no special toys for collection :dash:? You can't do poneh without a collectible or two  >_>

Back on topic. How can we prove we are bronies? By wearing the big horse mask or somethin'  :dash: ?

ooo, got the best idea EVER...

dont discount, instead offer a better ticket! a "special" showing during the day for the bronies!!!(price hike!)

include some perks such as merch, greet n sign, or other major fan gift!

obviously there are others that will go to this showing (non brony fans, but price hike?!?)

not sure where to go from here though.

Heck no.
The last thing we want is special attention being given to people JUST because they're an adult male-- You don't want to single out a group of people and go "Hey, you're not in the Pre-approved Demographic to watch this movie, good for you!"

Just treat people NORMALLY when they go in, don't trot out anything special, just like how an adult can go see lego batman or Zootopia and not be tied down with people singling out "hey, you're different than the target!". Give them their ticket and let them move on. It'll either come off as patronizing to the self assured or make the unnassured feel even more self conscious.

That's like Having a giant "You're NOT poor!" celebration for someone who manages to get accepted to college despite coming from a lower income.

• Brohoof 1

I like the sound of this but sadly, it would only create alot fraudulent Bronies just so they can save a few bucks. There's no real way to differentiate, even if someone's telling the truth or not so a single price admission does make the least amount of wary.