Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler "Seaquestria"

FlareGun45

So we got some new toys revealed from Hasbro that reveal the underwater kingdom of.... *cringes a bit* Sea...questria.... ugh! That name, it hurts! XD Why am I laughing at it though?

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/02/even-more-mlp-movie-toys-pop-up-on-yahoo.html

So it turns out the Mane Six are going to transform into seaponies, and Spike is gonna be a Mrs. Puff fish! XD I dunno why people are saying that it's a Spike-butt joke, cause it really isn't. It's the king of jokes, which is much better! Just don't beat him up and don't make him just there just for the luiz, and it won't be considered Spikeabuse. Pufferfish have neurotoxin in them anyway, so nopony can touch him really!

So what do ya think of what's revealed so far about the underwater seapony land with a cringey name? :P

• Brohoof 3

This name is a bit generic, and I would have rather liked for it to have been called Aquestria instead.

But I don't see Spike as a Mrs Puff, instead I see him as more of Flounder from the Little Mermaid.

• Brohoof 2

This name is a bit generic, and I would have rather liked for it to have been called Aquestria instead.

But I don't see Spike as a Mrs Puff, instead I see him as more of Flounder from the Little Mermaid.

Your right, he does look like Flounder.

The Coral Kingdom

Atlanticus

Land of Nauticus

Hmm...maybe mine aren't so creative either.

Seaquestria.

Who came up with that name? It can't have been a kid, they're too imaginative to settle for such a blatant copy-paste. It can't have been a teenager, they're too averse to 'cringey' material to settle for such a blatant copy-paste. It can't have been an A.I., they're too advanced nowadays to settle for such a blatant copy-paste.

That only leaves adults.

Being employed in marketing must really take a toll on your sanity.

At least I hope it does.

The alternative explanation leaves no hope for humanity.

• Brohoof 4

Seaquestria? I would be ecstatic if they called the underseas kingdom that, and you wanna know why? It feels almost like a call back to one of my favorite sci-fi shows from the 90s.

seaquest.gif

• Brohoof 1

Seaquestria... I'm not sure how I should react. I want to laugh, face-palm and sigh at the same time. I mean, I suppose it's fitting because MLP has plenty of locations with pun names, but it still feels stupid. It's not worse than Manehattan or Yakyakistan, at least.

I hope Ponk is amused by the name in the movie and says it's silly.

• Brohoof 1

This movie is a joke. Let me tell you, it's not the MLP I know. It's worse than Equestria Girls. At least that was mostly new. This movie is going to directly ruin. Our favorite ponies. Between the ridiculous non pony characters and the absurd location, my interest in this film is at a critically low level. Talk about mistakes.

I think I might view the film as non canon for the sake of preserving my sanity.

• Brohoof 1

Anybody else notice that the Aquaponies don't have cutiemarks? I wonder how they will react to the main six with them.

With the exception of the Sparkle Babies, Sea Ponies don't have symbols. It's my guess that Hasbro wasn't sure where to put them most of the time. Merponies do. Perhaps Hasbro felt that the fins and embellishments got in the way with the new toys?

Sea Pony: White Cap

post-37221-0-31805600-1487291628_thumb.jpg

Fancy Mermaid Pony: Baby Pearly

post-37221-0-04462400-1487291646_thumb.jpg

ponylandpress

Edited by Leave a Whisper

This movie is a joke. Let me tell you, it's not the MLP I know. It's worse than Equestria Girls. At least that was mostly new. This movie is going to directly ruin. Our favorite ponies. Between the ridiculous non pony characters and the absurd location, my interest in this film is at a critically low level. Talk about mistakes.

I think I might view the film as non canon for the sake of preserving my sanity.

You haven't even seen a trailer. MLP isn't all about you, you know.

I said it in another thread already.

Seaquestria? Really?

sig-4814202.giphy.gif

I mean, i didn't expected much from the name, but this is just lame beyond believe. I know it's suppose to be the kingdom of the seaponies, but atleast set it apart from Equestria.

You haven't even seen a trailer. MLP isn't all about you, you know.

You don't need to agree with him, but that dosen't mean his worries are not without reason. This movie is not flawless you know?

• Brohoof 4

Seaquestria? I would be ecstatic if they called the underseas kingdom that, and you wanna know why? It feels almost like a call back to one of my favorite sci-fi shows from the 90s.

1jt3b0.jpg 

I suppose it is a little lazy, and maybe silly (says the 40 year old man with toys bearing the name Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle on my shelf). 

Not concerned with the name or the Seaponies in general.  

• Brohoof 1

Anybody else notice that the Aquaponies don't have cutiemarks? I wonder how they will react to the main six with them.

The Breezies don't have them either. I suppose there was some magical event at some point which gave the unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies cutie marks since similar crevices lack them (but zebras apparently do have them or something similar?).

The Breezies don't have them either. I suppose there was some magical event at some point which gave the unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies cutie marks since similar crevices lack them (but zebras apparently do have them or something similar?).

Good point about the Breezies. Did the Saddle Arabian and Maretonians have them (can't recall off the top of my head). Either way, I suppise fin markings are their versions of cutie marks?

I still think it is unoriginal, and an obvious take off of 'Equestria'... but pondering it a bit you could take it another way.

Seaquestria is very similar in pronunciation to Sequester, which is to isolate or hide something or someone. Since one could argue this undersea kingdom could be in a manner of speaking 'hidden'... if it were not a rip off of Equestria... 'Sequestria' would actually be a pretty decent name.

• Brohoof 4

Good point about the Breezies. Did the Saddle Arabian and Maretonians have them (can't recall off the top of my head). Either way, I suppise fin markings are their versions of cutie marks?

I looked and suprisingly the Saddle Arabians did not have cutie marks. You would think there was no reason for them not to when Troublehooves had one too but there you go. You can't tell for Maretonians since they wore such clothing we can't see but their designs are quite ponylike so you would assume they do and are just another pony country and not different "race".

'Seaquestria' may actually just be a name invented for merch that's not going to be explicitly stated in the movie. Like 'Princess Twilight's Castle of Friendship, from whence she rules her Kingdom of Friendship' or whatever they call that crystal doodad, when it's only ever referred to in the show as 'the castle' or 'Twilight's castle'. It could just as easily be called 'the kingdom of the seaponies'.

Edited by Duality