Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler "Seaquestria"

FlareGun45

This movie is a joke. Let me tell you, it's not the MLP I know. It's worse than Equestria Girls. At least that was mostly new. This movie is going to directly ruin. Our favorite ponies. Between the ridiculous non pony characters and the absurd location, my interest in this film is at a critically low level. Talk about mistakes.

I think I might view the film as non canon for the sake of preserving my sanity.

Even though you know barely anything about it.

• Brohoof 1

What I do know is bad enough. Sea ponies is a bad creative idea. And they're transforming spike again. Could it be more cringe?

It's all about execution. We have no knowledge of the execution. Stop acting like you do.

It's all about execution. We have no knowledge of the execution. Stop acting like you do.

Perhaps it could be good but first impressions do matter. The overall first impression I'm getting isn't good. I think this is generation 4.5 anyway so it might not receive the same positive reaction as FiM proper.

Perhaps it could be good but first impressions do matter. The overall first impression I'm getting isn't good. I think this is generation 4.5 anyway so it might not receive the same positive reaction as FiM proper.

Ever heard of the phrase "benefit of the doubt"

• Brohoof 1

If I had no intention of giving this film a chance, I wouldn't watch it at all. Even with talking cats and sea ponies, I still will. I won't buy the toys though.

Then why are you complaining?

Because I can. I want to voice my displeasure in how Hasbro is handling the film. Fair criticism is valid.

But you don't know how hasbro is handling the film, and it's not fair criticism when your knowledge is extremely limited, it's being prejudiced and jumping to conclusions. 

• Brohoof 1

But you don't know how hasbro is handling the film, and it's not fair criticism when your knowledge is extremely limited, it's being prejudiced and jumping to conclusions.

We know a fair deal already. Someone could potentially predict the entire plot with 90% accuracy. Anyway, there's early critiques and then, there are greater reviews. Both do their purpose of stimulating discussion of character design, plot and other things.
  • Brohoof 1

We know a fair deal already. Someone could potentially predict the entire plot with 90% accuracy. Anyway, there's early critiques and then, there are greater reviews. Both do their purpose of stimulating discussion of character design, plot and other things.

I don't know what you're even talking about.

Seaquestria is just lazy, really. They could have come up with far better names although it's admittedly difficult to come up with puns involving horses and the sea. Even so, this name is just too close to Equestria. You'd think Aquastria would be more logical, then, but the simple reason they didn't is probably because it's easy to confuse with Equestria in spoken dialogue.

I'll be honest, I was hoping for more of a 'travel through Equestria' thing than 'turn into fish' but who knows. It might be better than I'm currently thinking.

• Brohoof 1

I've acctaully already commented on the name on another Seaquestria thread but i'll just sum up and say yeah...thats what you get when you're creatively bankrupt. "Hey Big Jim! What do we call this water level? Lets see...oh! Sea!...okay and something to do with Equestria...waiiiiiiiiiiiiit!"

But I can say I'm expecting LOTS from this location. If I dont hear a single pony "Shoo Bee Doo" I swear to GOD!!!!

291935__UNOPT__safe_rainbow-dash_animate

• Brohoof 1

I really would have preferred a More mythological name, like how they used "coltlantis" in the comics for an underwater Kelpy city.

I would prefer the dropped the damn horse puns entirely. I can overlook a lot of it since it is just a simple kids cartoon, but sometimes the show and lore becomes hard to take because of all the silly ridiculous names. Everyone calls humans stupid but at least we don't call all of our cities Humantown, Peopleville, Los Humanos, New Primatia etc...

If they just HAD to make a name pun, why not use one based on the sea itself instead of the same old tired horse tropes they have been beating since S1. Why not something like Nautitria, Coracique or Oceathys? Anyone with a decent name generator could have come up with a huge list of something far more original than Seaquestria... which might have gotten a pass if we did not already have Equestria itself.

I would prefer the dropped the damn horse puns entirely. I can overlook a lot of it since it is just a simple kids cartoon, but sometimes the show and lore becomes hard to take because of all the silly ridiculous names. Everyone calls humans stupid but at least we don't call all of our cities Humantown, Peopleville, Los Humanos, New Primatia etc...

If they just HAD to make a name pun, why not use one based on the sea itself instead of the same old tired horse tropes they have been beating since S1. Why not something like Nautitria, Coracique or Oceathys? Anyone with a decent name generator could have come up with a huge list of something far more original than Seaquestria... which might have gotten a pass if we did not already have Equestria itself.

I would too, but I also understand that wanting that won't happen, much like me wishing I'd win the lottery won't make it happen. Bronies aren't hasbro's primary audience, and ESPECIALLY for the movie. They're aiming primarily at the 4-8 little children crowd, so they're going to be going overboard with the punny, silly names and whatnot.

Yeah, that name, 'Seaquestria?' Ugh! It's like a fanfic where the writer ripped off something that already existed, except it's worse because it's hasbro ripping off themselves! Why not something like Marelantis, or Oceanorus? Just something else!

The name "Seaquestria" makes me laugh but I don't mind. The name makes sense when you think about it; there are equestrian animals in the sea. But, if we put this sort of reasoning into other names, Equestria should be named Landquestria instead. In terms of lore, I wonder if it was named Seaquestria because it was formed after Equestria and the seaponies were inspired by the name. I just don't think a big deal should be made out of the name; MLP's target demographic is children (and their toy box) anyway.