Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introvert, Ambivert or Extrovert?

Gone Airbourne

(edited)

I never heard of this ambivert word.

I'm not timid but I just don't talk too much, but I don't mind others talking to me or answering questions, so I don't know.

Edited by Ando333

I'm an introvert for sure. I did a personality test/survey for entrepreneurship class today at school and got 95% introvert, 5% extrovert, which is about what I expected. Something that I found interesting was that I got "Architect" as a personality type, which is very introvert and practical thinking based. Apparently it is one of the most rare ones with only about 2% of the population with it. When reading up on it, it stated that a 2013 study found that 27% of bronies are in this personality group. I thought that was interesting and thought it was worth sharing on here.

It's pretty clear to me, but i don't know what i am:

I love interacting with people, mostly ones i don't know so well, but know they are sympathetic and/or my type.

And i also love being alone and having free time alone.

Also, i can rock a stage.

Is that an Ambivert?

I don't really talk much and don't go out a lot like I used to when I was younger, add the shyness and mostly staying inside unless I am going out somewhere then you got yourself an introvert like myself.

Can't say I am a social person but I don't mind if someone talks to me. :D

I am an introvert though I'd be best described as an unusual introvert. While I don't like interacting with people as a principle and prefer to be by myself, I do interact with my card game group every two weeks--weather and circumstances permitting--and get along with them pretty well. Aside from them, I pretty much keep to myself and only speak to those that I need to.

Introvert, unfortunately. 

The sad thing is It's getting worse with every year. I used to be more open as a child and now I'm afraid of going to the store. I don't have any friends anymore, and I have no clue what happened to me.

I am introvert, like a lot of Finnish.

Here is joke

What is difference between Finnish introvert and Finnish extrovert?

Finnish introvert looks at his feet when talking to you

Finnish extrovert looks at your feet when talking to you

Ambivert most likely, I'm either really talkative or really quiet, depending on my mood/situation.

• 3 months later...

Introvert I have a hard time with my social life because I get bullied a lot I only have like 2 real life friends because of extreme shyness also even when I first came to this forum I was very shy that's was less than 1 month ago the forum has helped my social skill a little bit though lol I have no idea if that's bad or good

• Brohoof 1

Introvert! 

The only significant interaction I have with people (besides family and a couple close friends) is on the internet. 

34 minutes ago, DatBronyGuy said:

Introvert I have a hard time with my social life because I get bullied a lot I only have like 2 real life friends because of extreme shyness also even when I first came to this forum I was very shy that's was less than 1 month ago the forum has helped my social skill a little bit though lol I have no idea if that's bad or good

I'm sorry that people bully you. Life can be so unfair!

Extrovert I like to put myself out there although sometimes I feel that I'm less of a friend and more as a joke :( but I'm a weird person I question anything and everything.

I am an introvert. I have a few close people like my husband, my family, and a couple friends. I like being around animals more than people. I also need alone time to think and relax. It's kind of funny as a teacher I have to extroverted, but that's my work face, in reality I am an introvert. I like to think a lot and like introvert activities such as reading and writing. It can take a while to get to know the real me as I can be very shy and it takes quite a bit of time to earn my trust. Although I am kind and compassionate.

• Brohoof 1

Extreme introvert, but I have come in terms with it on recent years and accepted that it is a part of me and that I should love it anyways, even if it has its drawbacks. But to be fair, it fits my personality, I would rather make those moments with my few friends memorable than have lots of them but have trouble remembering them (I know it's not this for everyone, but I am like that, so there is that :U )

• Brohoof 1

Pretty sure i am an introvert.. I don't like being around a lot people at one time and when I am i feel out of place most of the time and have to go find a quiet spot away from everyone o:

I'm an introvert, but I've learnt to be pretty well-rounded, socially speaking, over time. Most of my introversion now is just in how I recover my energy (by being alone, that is).

I'm mostly introverted, I'm always worried about people judging me even when I'll never see them again or they really aren't bothered. It makes me act shy and awkward. I am quite good at talking when I know what to say, so I can be polite and talk professionally or to those I trust. I guess that makes me Ambiverted? Not really sure.

• Brohoof 1

I've been bouncing between ambiversion and introversion for the longest. I haven't exactly figured myself out yet, but my best guess would be that I'm somewhere on the introverted side of ambiversion. I can become energized from speaking with a small group of friends, though sometimes, I just need to be alone to recharge. Large crowds are not my preference, but I think I am able to navigate when it's necessary.

Solitude from time to time is healing, though I can't do it for long and need to get out and about as well. I also find that I need to constantly be learning/doing something new to feel fulfilled. Close friends would say that I'm pretty social, though acquaintances call me quiet. :P 

• Brohoof 1