Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introvert, Ambivert or Extrovert?

Gone Airbourne

I tend to lean on a the class of social introvert.   I like going to small gatherings and being around a few good friends.  Yet I also love to spend time alone also for hours and pull away for a bit.

The only reason why I'm here is cause I was wondering what the hell an ambivert was. Apparently its just a balance between introvert and extrovert....

So you're just fucking normal then. Curse all these unnecessary labels I swear. 

• Brohoof 2

I used to lean toward introverted but as i got older I got more ambivert. But I still do all the thinking and keeping thoughts to myself before jumping in any group talk. but when I want to speak, I speak.  

Totally introverted. Oh I'm not at all shy or anti-social, but when it comes down to it, most of my mental energy is spent looking inward. My thoughts and feelings take up most of my time and when in social situations, I sometimes need to excuse myself for a bit to catch my breath.

I'm very much an introvert. I'm not really antisocial, I just find being around people draining after a while. Plus, I've got anxiety and being in crowds makes me uncomfortable... :blush: I don't have a lot of friends, but I think that's for the best because I prefer quality over quantity.

I am an ambivert. I need a balance of socialization and alone time. Although I will say if I miss my alone time, I will become more distressed than if I lose my socializing time. The thing is that I really like to socialize when I'm out. When I'm not out, I like to be alone.

I now have to wonder how in the world my grouchy current self would even handle a relationship.

• Brohoof 1

Ambivert I guess. I've never heard the term before but I think I get the idea. I'm extroverted when I'm with people and I tend to talk a lot, and I've discovered in recent times that I need other people more than I had ever realized. But I also have an introverted side which is jealously protective of my alone time. When I'm alone I get things done and have time and clarity of mind to be creative, which is important to me. 

I think it's an okay balance. People need to take time alone, to look inwardly and do some real thinking without the influences of the outside world. But a healthy and happy mind is one that doesn't get too internalized either. Both matter and I try to maintain a balance of both. So ambivert for me.  :proud:

I'm totally an ambivert. But, unfortunately, the term ambivert isn't well known yet. People say, "she's such an extrovert" when they talk about me, but people who really know me know my struggle. I might seem extroverted, but on the inside, right before a stranger walks up to me I'm thinking, "Please go past me. I don't want to be friendly." But, alas, 90% of the time they are coming to talk to me. Why? Because I look friendly, my smile is inviting (I smile all the time and, honestly, the more nervous I get, the bigger my smile), and when I speak to them I speak as if they are an old friend I haven't seen in forever.

Although, sometimes I purposely go extroverted (rare occasions, but I do.) Normally this is when I'm forced next to a stranger for a long time. Example: planes. I desire to make people happy, feel important, and liked. Of course, this isn't always received positively. If it isn't, I won't show it, but I'm wounded. I'll go on about my business as if nothing happened, but I'm questioning myself like a bad cop. As my best friend tell me, "The struggle is real." :squee::adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

Definitely an introvert. I hardly ever go out with my friends and feel much more content in the comfort of my own home. I'm not that good at talking either so I prefer to write down my thoughts rather than saying them out loud. That's probably why I like to post on forums so much - no one needs to hear my voice when I have something to say. I have many things to say but I'm too unsociable to express them verbally.  :adorkable: