Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 8 STRONGLY Hinted At

EquestriaGuy

I think it is a bit early for them to be dropping that kind of information... butI already predicted a S8 would come after the film, so I am not surprised at all. It makes the most sense when you consider they will be coming off a major motion picture and will want to keep the MLP dollar train going. Now whether it will be in the same format, or they will shake it up somehow and give it a new setting or premise remains to be seen. I actually would look forward to some changes if done right. I think we will get better answers to that in S7 though.

For those saying it should end... why? Because some people think so? What about those who want it to keep going? There are a ton of people who still love the show and see potential in it and the future.... and who knows... if Hasbro does shake it up and make some changes it could becomes something totally different or fresh despite being related to what came before. And if the show does become stale and dull or pointless for some, why not just quit and watch other shows.... I mean Pokemon, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Spongebob and a couple of others are still going and a lot of people say they are terrible now... but yet there they are... and a company and network won't keep creating and running a show no one is watching.

Currently I still enjoy it, when it ceases to interest me, I will stop. Whether that is S7.. or S8 or beyond.

• Brohoof 4

I am glad for this! I have no worries about quality if it is a thing. First the show seems to be in great quality already, with enjoyable episodes. Also, there is still a lot they can do with the world. I don't see any problems with a Season 8. 

I will say that's "good" news that we have the 8th season of ponies for next year! :) That will be after the 7th season and the official My Little Pony Movie first. That year is I will graduate high school when that new season comes in. I will be more happier if we have more ponies in the future like we do.

Edited by Allen

I was kinda hoping MLP would end with season 7 and the movie, but if it really has been renewed for season 8, then I'm not surprised at all. Don't get me wrong. I still find the show watchable and I'll probably watch season 8 if it really is happening, but I didn't like season 6 as much as previous seasons, which leads me to think the show is slowly starting to hit seasonal rot. I'm not saying it won't bounce back in season 7. I actually hope it does. Again, I'm not saying the newer episodes are bad, but I don't want it to go on for too long either.

It was an experimental season to see how much reception Starlight got as a main character, that along with new writers, it was obvious that that season wasn't going to rate well as other seasons because it was different.

I actually hope this isn't indicated a possible 8th season of FIM.

I would much rather have this be referring to some kind of new toyline or other form of media, that isn't just dragging FIM forever and ever.

I am afraid that if the show doesn't conclude with the movie coming up later this year, it isn't going to get a satisfying conclusion, and will end up being a cash cow that goes on forever and ever, even when people are just begging for it to end, like The Simpsons, or Spongebob.

Yeah, I also fear that possibility. I'd rather finish FiM, and make a spinoff focusing mostly of new character, and making most of the Mane6 secondary  :unsure:

Yeah, I also fear that possibility. I'd rather finish FiM, and make a spinoff focusing mostly of new character, and making most of the Mane6 secondary  :unsure:

The show isn't named after any character, I think they can get away without having to make a spinoff show compared to other shows.

Well, if a season 8 is in the works I think that's great news! I'm kind of on both sides of the fence as I'd rather the show end on a high note than continue on indefinitely and be a shadow of what it was when it started. However, if there's anything I wouldn't mind being an ongoing cash-cow quite as much, it's FiM as even with season 6 admittedly being a little weak compared to prior seasons, I still enjoyed it immensely and would enjoy a FiM season 18 if it comes to that.

Plus, it's possible that season 7 will be an improvement over season 6 as the new writing staff starts to hit its stride. Yeah, I think the main reason season 6 wasn't as good is the huge turnover on writing staff and the newbies not quite having a solid grasp on the characters yet. I did notice that later episodes in the season by the same writers tended to be at least slightly better than previous outings, so here's hoping that will translate into a great season 7! For the time being I trust in DHX and hope they will make the right decisions regarding the direction of the show and whether to keep it going or end it at a given point in time, so no, a hint of a possible new season doesn't automatically make me assume the worst. Maybe we can re-open this discussion when I truly think Ponies has lost its way.

YESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More laughs! Moe fun! MORE RARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that not all shows should last forever, or else they get stale, but I don't think that I'm ready to say goodbye to these characters yet. The show, like any good show needs to set up a conflict, which leads to some sort of thrilling and/or emotionally engaging climax. Besides, the show runners aren't idiots, and I very much doubt that the show will become like SpongeBob or the Simpsons. Story-driven shows usually need nore seasons to get their whole purpose across any ways. I agree that the show is entering it's latter stages, but I don't think that it is in enough of a good place to end in yet.

• Brohoof 2

The show isn't named after any character, I think they can get away without having to make a spinoff show compared to other shows.

Possible, thing is, since the Mane6 have been the faces of the show for over half a decade, I don't think many people will take well if they were suddenly changed withing the same show :huh:

There are a few shows that have  the sense to quit while they are winning, but all too many just go on until you are GLAD they die.  ICR who said that every writer, if they write long enough, starts writing like a bad parody of themself.  SpongeBob hit that point & I just hope MLP quits before they get there.

There are a few shows that have  the sense to quit while they are winning, but all too many just go on until you are GLAD they die.  ICR who said that every writer, if they write long enough, starts writing like a bad parody of themself.  SpongeBob hit that point & I just hope MLP quits before they get there.

I doubt it as long they can make the money offa toys and merchandise they're gonna keep it goin' until the cash well dries up even then they still find ways to profit off it like transformers

Edited by Nightshroud

If Season 8 is already in development with having Nicole, Tara, Tabitha, Britt, Ashleigh, Andrea, and the others already recording dialogue for it, I'm glad to see that the show will be continuing, even after the feature film this Autumn.

I see where people are coming from saying that the future seasons won't be good butif think that they really can't be that bad that the show would end there because i think there is no reason for hasbro to end it. If the show keeps the toy sales going i dont think hasbro cares a lot about the overall quality of the show even if it drops a little, because the children who watch this show do not usually show so much criticism towards the show because they can enjoy even the more simple episodes. And I think that the key for enjoying the show no matter how long it runs is to keep that children mentality in you and not to take the show too seriously because everything you take too seriously starts to rot in your eyes because you let the little changes that make it worse take all room from the many changes that could make it lot better. And that leads to position where you look the show pessimisticly and it starts to decline in your eyes. I think it's one reason why the ranking of the best seasons of the show is so objective.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I think that as long as the money is coming in from what ever source, there will still bee a new series of the show. I think that there were pans for a 8th season just because of the movie, and if the movie tanks in the box office, then season 8 WILL most likely be the last of this generation.

While on one hand I'd like more ponies, on the other hand I was really expecting G4 to end with the movie. If this is true, I hope it will be a G4.5 type thing in the same world but with different characters. The Mane 6 have done a lot, and I'm afraid if they keep dragging this on the show will become yet another zombie. That's really a fate I'd like this series to avoid lest the franchise goes back into being loathed like G3.5 before FiM.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, ponies never get old. 

I really hope there's more to see! 

I love this show and if it ends one day, I really expect to be finished with a style, which I have no doubt about it, since the show is already very well written! :)