Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Other familiar faces in the Movie.

Sly

Other princesses:

https://derpicdn.net/img/2017/2/18/1366529/large.jpeg

Check! (You can barely see Luna and cadence At the extremities of the banner)

CMCs: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ygltoZGGV6M/WKi37S0ldvI/AAAAAAACwqk/C2LupuTYLBIa-nHUwSr98qgynfDV5SwJgCLcB/s1600/43.jpg

Check!

Starlight Glimmer: https://derpicdn.net/img/2017/2/18/1366715/tall.jpeg

Check! (it's weird she has her old hairstyle on the Box but whatever)

Shining Armor....... well... I've no concrete evidences for him but if Cadence is there he will surely be there too. So.... Check!

Keep in mind that the Movie will be centered mainly on the Mane 6 and the new guest characters so our familiar faces are probably be in just the first five minutes and the last five ones. They won't have big roles in it, but it's nice they putted them all in the Movie, now the circle is complete.... or better... almost complete... but sadly we already got a confirmation HE won't be in the Movie.... seriously with all the money they spent to improve the animation, putting new and old voice actors and all that stuff was really that hard to spend a little more money to put even De Lancie in the cast. Ah... nevermind.

Edited by Sly
  • Brohoof 2

Good that Luna and Cadance will be in the film. I assumed Luna would get a cameo at least but Cadance could so easily just be away that I was not sure. I wonder if she will travel to Canterlot like in Season 4 finale when there was a crisis. If she is just in Crystal Empire and we get a scene of Storm King taking over it I feel us seeing Shining Armor and maybe Flurry Heart and Sunburst cameos would be more likely. I would not comfirm Shining yet.

Eh I can see Discord in as a surprise cameo, possibly as an after credits scene.

I can also see Sunset Shimmer and fandom favorite cameos.

It would be hard to explain what Sunset is doing there. If I was writing the show I would put Sunset's picture in Celestia's castle or something (Twiligh would not have a picture of her as a pony otherwise that would be an option too). That way she gets a cameo that does not need to be explained and people who would want Celestia's and Sunset's reunion would be delighted to think it might be a tease.

And I don't know how Discords's absence is explained (maybe he will trapped in his Chaos dimension in the begining of season 7 and show up in season 8 or the after credits scene you suggested asking what he has missed). He could so easily be helpfull that he can't be ignored.

There is already looking like the movie is going to be crowded with lots and lots of characters, so I wouldn't hold my breathe for any of these characters to be either in the movie, or get anything other than a brief cameo without dialogue.

I'm guessing that the other characters--excluding the Mane Six--will either be reduced to having minor scenes or minor cameos that don't involve them speaking. This movie can only be so long and to include so many characters would mean some being given better treatment over others. Discord? He should have a non-speaking part unless John De Lancie was asked to come in to record some lines for the movie. Sunset? I really want her to make some kind of appearance but I will settle with something like a picture or other image to indicate her presence.