Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The cons of giving FiM more seasons

ManaMinori

Biggest problem with season a show going on for so long is not only seasonal rot, but also running the risk of rehashing ideas, which we've already seen happening. The fact that they were willing to rehash MMDW without any improvements has me fearing for the worst

Given the fact MMDW is a season 2 episode while 28 Pranks Later is a season 6 episode with an entirely different writer, chances are that the rehash may or may not have actually been intentional (unless said writer did take a look at the episode and attempted to make a better version of it). After all, there's quite a lot of episodes already (about 143 if I calculated correctly!) and fresh writers and I feel like they aren't always able to take a look at every single episode just so they could avoid rehashes, though I don't actually know the situation at hand so I might as well be wrong.

As for the "cons" of MLP getting more seasons... I think it all depends on how the show is handled. A lot of seasons doesn't necessarily guarantee seasonal rot; if I'm not mistaken, it's possible for a show to go on for a very long time without going bad, as long as the show staff keeps the show fresh and enjoyable (which is easier said than done, especially with long-running shows like Spongebob Squarepants). And writers do cycle in and out over time, which can always affect a show either positively or negatively depending on how skillful the new writers are and how much they understand the source material (both of those traits are very important in my opinion). That being said, I'll eagerly watch season 7 and future seasons whenever possible until I start feeling bored of it, as I think this show still has at least some kick left.

That's just my two cents though.

The only thing I see running dry is mainly the focus on the Mane 6. There is still some untapped wells in the series with the popular secondary characters. So there could be episodes where Mane 6 have to recruit other characters to assist them with their field of expertise.

Rarity could use another rival seamstress episode. One could open a shop in Ponyville or Canterlot which drives Rarity's business into the danger zone.

Edited by Singe

There always some risks for giving any show longevity  :orly: but i accept that risks, i dont want to discuss how this series will end, it's will be Hasbro's decision, what i do is watching, that all. Imagine how this end show end is like imagine how i die in the future and i dont want to think anything about that  :orly:

The difference between them, is the people who hated S6 are calling for it to end because they did not like it, thus taking it away from those who did enjoy it, when they could just, I dunno.. stop watching it? I get the fact people are fearful it could lose quality, but that is a pointless argument since there will always be fans who feel it is not. And even if it does lose quality... so what? Then it becomes awful and unwatchable.... if that day happens I just won't watch it, it is not like I am required to watch it from now until the end of time. It is really not that large of a struggle and I always fail to see why some make it so.

I can sympathize with them sometime, to see your beloved series that you loved it so much since day one, become a shadow of it former self, and you hope it can stop breathing and die peacefully, i take Fairy Tail series as an example, i bet a lot of fan can be  finally in peace when they know when the author decide to END IT  :orly:.   

Season 6 is a good season, why some people trash it so much, sure, if i say this series quality isnt dropped bit by bit after S4, i am a big liar,  but still...

if they dont like don't kill the joy for others I do believe that everyone has a right to their opinion.

Trash everything you dont like and do it more repeatedly, more snarky, more sarcastic, that what i saw from comment sections of Equestria Daily in the last 7 months. I love this forum  :grin:

Edited by Lambdadelta

Understandable. I was hoping that the movie would be the finale. Would have been the perfect sendoff imo. I understand that the series is Hasbro's big moneymaker, but that can be ruined if they get too greedy and abuse it.