Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Domino's is the best pizza chain?

ManaMinori

There's Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, Papa John's, and other pizza chains. But to my knowledge, only Domino's has the best crust (they actually flavor it with seasoning), and best ingredients that I don't think other chains have (such as feta cheese, for example).

What are other people's favorite pizza chains, and WHY?

• Brohoof 3

While I do like Dominos pizza, you can taste the grease on it.

Plus as I am a picky eater, Papa Johns was pretty much the only Pizza I used to like when I was little.

It generally tastes the best out of all of the Pizza delivery chains that are around me.

Dominoes used to be pure awful... they have gotten a lot better in recent years.... still not to fond of them though. And I can't speak for every location, but Pizza Hut flavors and spices their crusts here.... Dominoes does not. Little Ceasers is OK... but I don't care for their sauce. Papa Johns is what I usually go after... and sometimes swap to Pizza Hut when I am tired of Papa Johns.

• Brohoof 2

The thing here in germany is, we only have one american pizza place here and that is Pizza Hut. But i've been there a few times and i freaking love their Pizzas and their crusts are out of this world delicious.

I wish i could taste Dominos, because i heard alot of good things about them, but for now it's Pizza Hut.

It's true that Domino's has gotten better over the years. 

However, I still favor a local pizza place in Iceland called "Pizzan" over Dominos just because they have much better deals, bigger and juicier pizzas than Dominos has. But Dominos does indeed have the best crust. Wish they would make better breadsticks. 

However, my favorite pizza place will always be Pizza Hut as it is the pizza I grew up with as I lived in Belgium <3 

• Brohoof 1

While I do like Dominos pizza, you can taste the grease on it.

Plus as I am a picky eater, Papa Johns was pretty much the only Pizza I used to like when I was little.

It generally tastes the best out of all of the Pizza delivery chains that are around me.

Honestly, that's the thing with all pizza... so much grease. Which is why I don't eat near as much of it anymore. :P

Papa Johns was always my favorite growing up. Blackjack is really good too, but I think they are only in Colorado where I'm from.

Well, I got food poisoning from Dominos twice. So, I'll be sticking with Papa Johns.

Ahh, I forgot to mention that Pizza Hut has given me... ahem... indigestion on multiple occasions. So I haven't had their pizza in a long time. As good as it tastes, it's too greasy and my stomach can't handle it too well for some reason.

• Brohoof 1

Haven't had pizza from any major chain in a long while. The reason for this? A local place in my town makes Hunt's Brothers pizza! :D Not sure if that counts as a chain or just a brand, but I think Hunt's Brother's pizza is by far the best pizza on the planet. I think it beats all of the major chains by a landslide.

Domino's is usually my go to pizza as far as major chains go. They're affordable while still being pretty tasty, and I've never gotten a bad experience from them, Pizza Hut is alright but kinda bland, Little Ceasers is usually worth the $5 but is the worst quality of the major chains and Papa Johns is stupid expensive. Whenever I'm feeling it though I try to go to the local pizza places since they're usually the best pizzas

• Brohoof 1

Dominos is very popular on Guam, and one just opened up in the neighborhood I live in. From experience, I learned that the taste of their pan pizzas vary from different locations around the island, or so that's what I think.

In Guam, the menu is different from the U.S.

Other pizza chains on Guam include Pizza Hut, Little Ceasar's, Papa John's, Sbarro, and California Pizza Kitchen.

Edited by Flow
  • Brohoof 2

While I favor Flying Pie Pizza as the best pizza restaurant ever, (we have them in Portland, OR), it is very expensive and not a "fast food" place.

So comparing cheap, fast food pizza joints, I prefer Pizza Hut. But Costco Pizza is about equal to, if not better. I think that with Costco Pizza, it is more simple, but it also has a "longer lasting" good flavor to it, so you don't get tired of it as easily. But Pizza Hut's flavors are more complex, and thus you can get tired of it quicker if you go to it too often. (But this is just a theory).

I'm sorry about this...:  :nom:

78db3079-a91d-4548-824b-532fe5853859.jpg

Flying Pie Pizzeria, Portland, OR:

Flying-Pie-Pizzeria_Portland-Oregon_Saus

Edited by ElementalFluttershee
  • Brohoof 3

While I favor Flying Pie Pizza as the best pizza restaurant ever, (we have them in Portland, OR), it is very expensive and not a "fast food" place.

So comparing cheap, fast food pizza joints, I prefer Pizza Hut. But Costco Pizza is about equal to, if not better. I think that with Costco Pizza, it is more simple, but it also has a "longer lasting" good flavor to it, so you don't get tired of it as easily. But Pizza Hut's flavors are more complex, and thus you can get tired of it quicker if you go to it too often. (But this is just a theory).

I'm sorry about this...: :nom:

sig-4816627.78db3079-a91d-4548-824b-532f

Flying Pie Pizzeria, Portland, OR:

sig-4816627.Flying-Pie-Pizzeria_Portland

how much are the pies at Flying Pie? (Which I have never seen in Cali)

Costco pies are good. Omg sooooo cheesy!

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

how much are the pies at Flying Pie? (Which I have never seen in Cali)

Costco pies are good. Omg sooooo cheesy!

They are about $25 per pie, but the toppings are almost an inch thick with all kinds of speciality meats, veggies, etc.. 

At least in the Portland area, there is no comparison. It is on a whole different level of awesomeness.

Edited by ElementalFluttershee

If you are getting pizza from a pizza chain, you are doing it wrong.  Find a good pizza place that isn't a chain.

excuse you gordon ramsay, but some of us are poor and prefer convenience and lower prices. 

Regardless, it's my opinion that there is no "bad" pizza, unless they really screw up. Dominos is my favorite chain, I love it. 

• Brohoof 1

I'll admit I havent had Domino's in QUITE a while so I'd be stretching to remember what they're like.

That said for me Pizza Hut stands out to me as being the most tasty. But this IS coming from someone who's most common pizza is crappy cardboard and Little Ceasers $5 hot and ready. So my bar isnt very high. But I remember Pizza Hut much more fondly than Domino's...acctaully I cant think of anyone I know who regularly ordered Domino's. So maybe thats why I never had alot of it.

• Brohoof 1

I've had Dominos a couple of times along with Boston Pizza on a rare occasion though my parents and I do prefer Papa Johns which we tend to have at least once a month with two of my parent's friends. Back when I lived in Calgary, there was a pizzeria called Western Pizza that has many chains in western Canada and only one in Calgary--five minutes away via walking--and they had the best Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza I've ever tasted--yes, it's a thing.

• Brohoof 1

excuse you gordon ramsay, but some of us are poor and prefer convenience and lower prices. 

Regardless, it's my opinion that there is no "bad" pizza, unless they really screw up. Dominos is my favorite chain, I love it. 

Actually the chains are overpriced.  Yes, if you are looking for a great pizza, you might have to pay a small amount over dominos, but I have had good pizzas at prices well below what dominos charges.  If you want a good and very cheap pizza, look toward any town with a college in it.  Usually there will be at least 3 pizza places that serve pizza that is either better and cheaper than dominos or roughly equivalent and much cheaper.