Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Domino's is the best pizza chain?

ManaMinori

Conveniently, there's a Dominos right next to my house!  But, I'm not sure if it's my favorite chain.  I prefer ones that are more secluded or a bit higher quality.  Of course, it's more expensive, but I don't eat pizza all the time, so you know, it's worth it in the end when you want to treat yourself to some fresh, cheesy goodness!

Don't get me wrong, though, Dominos does have some pretty good pizza, XD

I'm not a huge fan of Dominos, but I do prefer it over Papa Johns, which I just don't care for at all. Pizza Hut is hit or miss, but when it hits it's magnificent.

I tend to stick to the semi-regional chains, like Jet's or Donatos, since they tend to be cheaper than a lot of the local places around where I live.

Edited by BlueStreak98

Dominos are a'ight. Nothing special. They once did a topping with mustard that was amazing, but it's gone.

Personally I prefer Pizza Hut because you can have anchovies as a topping.

• Brohoof 1

Dominos...I refuse to try to see its improvement. I remember it being along the ilk of Showbiz/Chuck E. Cheese.

I like Pizza Hut buffets...sometimes it's great to eat a bucket ton of pizza.

I like Papa John's best out of the chains, especially with that dipping sauce.

HOWEVER

I live in New York City, and there's such great local pizza here....I never have to eat at a chain again. 

Like @@silvadel said, you don't need to eat pizza from a chain. Almost everywhere has at least one good local pizza place. 

• Brohoof 2

As far as chains go, pizza hut & little cesar's are the only ones who can deliver to where I'm at. And out of those two, I prefer Pizza hut by a mile. I'm not afraid to admit that their my go to pick. Flavorful toppings, zesty sauce and I can gorge myself silly on their seasoned stuffed crust. Plus they got good deserts.

But I do like Domino's too. My work orders them every Thursday for us and I buy myself a few slices. 

As far as local fare? Well I've got Mario's over in the next town. They're my second choice as far as delivery goes. Big, square cut pizzas, with cheese covering all the thick toppings. Goes great w/ pepper and oregano.  

Other than that there's not much near me. We had a place up the street that I liked but they moved out and we're replaced with a new chain that I tried once. Didn't like them all that much. 

• Brohoof 1

BTW, do you guys remember this?

tumblr_kz0mbyfMDs1qb3mmfo1_500.jpg

Pizza Hut would give you a small personal pan pizza for achieving a certain threshold of reading. That pan pizza taste will always have a place in my heart. 

• Brohoof 4

Pizza Hut is the meaning of life. They way they do their stuffed crust....It's my favorite by far. :love:

• Brohoof 3

BTW, do you guys remember this?

sig-4817574.tumblr_kz0mbyfMDs1qb3mmfo1_5

Pizza Hut would give you a small personal pan pizza for achieving a certain threshold of reading. That pan pizza taste will always have a place in my heart. 

I got a few of those myself. They'd stopped giving away the buttons by then and cheapened it up a bit, but the program was still more or less the same.

Thanks to my childhood I've always liked the taste of Pizza Hut's pan pizza and grape juice. Yes, it's a weird combo, but it worked for me when I was 5.

• Brohoof 1

Long Island has lots of great local pizza restaurants. I know of at least a half dozen good local ones. If I had to choose a chain, though, it would most likely be Pizza Hut. I still go there for the lunch buffet on days off from work.

• Brohoof 1

If you are getting pizza from a pizza chain, you are doing it wrong.  Find a good pizza place that isn't a chain.

The best pizza I have ever had was from a local family-owned restaurant. Amazing stuff :D

• Brohoof 3

Depends on your country's branches I suppose. I used to work for Domino's. Do I have stories. But I'll save you the imagery and just let you know that I'd rather make my orders from pizza hut despite theirs feeling greasy.

Pizza Hut is the meaning of life. They way they do their stuffed crust....It's my favorite by far. :love:

I just like the crust itself. I've always found Pizza Hut's crust to be WAY more moist and flavorful then most of the other pizza's i've had. Its always soft and light unlike the more common cardboard and drywall crust.

20120507-dominos-gluten-free-crust-detai

• Brohoof 1

While I consider myself a friend of all pizza chains, I think I would have to go with Pizza Hut overall. They have a lovely greasy crust (deep dish is especially nice) and their stuffed crust is amazing!!  :wub:

Papa John's is nice if you catch a new store opening up. They always put the freshest ingredients out until their customer base has been established, then they revert to toppings that taste like they've been in cold storage since the Carter administration. But on the other hand, they do include garlic butter with every pizza so you can dip your crust, and that's always nice.  :)   

Dominoes is also nice enough, but just a notch below Pizza Hut. I will give perks to Papa John's and Domino's for their occasional bouts with originality in their specialty pizzas. It definitely keeps them in the running. And they cost less too.  :P

considering we in the UK only get 3 of them, Pap Johns is my fave for take out, but i prefer Pizza Hut restaurants. Pizza hut take out is very meh..... also anyone else notice how greasy PIzza hut pizzas are?

I used to work for Dominos btw, but sad tale because Dominominos pizzas make me quite ill. Dunno why. I freakinga dore their sides though, the twisted cheese dough balls <3<3<3<3<3 life time supply of those please!  

Pizza with ananas?  Seriously? what's wrong with you americans?  :maud:

it's a joke don't worry ;) , but i'm considered myself lucky for live in the country where pizza is born. Yes Italy have much problems, this is true, but at least pizza is pizza  :-P  and is not expensive with 25 € (26,4 $ ) you have a pizza, 1-or-2 supplì* and a good beer, and most importantly not from a chain  :smug:

* Supplì are croquettes made with rice, tomato, and mozzarella fried or baked in owen (but better fried), are wonderful hot

here a photo

12-suppli.jpg

and a recipe if you want try to make on your own  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'm from NYC, where suggesting that chain or frozen pizza is in any way better than local pizza makes you liable to be punched in the face.

But Domino's is really good for when you're on a tight budget or want something you can reheat in a microwave. Little Caesar's comes close and Pizza Hut is good for those little pan pizzas (they only have express Pizza Huts around here).

• Brohoof 1

I prefer Domino's Pizza over any other, the crust is just so good and I just like the way their pizza tastes.. Pizza Hut would be a close second but I'm not always 100% satisfied with how their pizza tastes 

I work there as a delivery driver :wacko:. The only pizza I can't get tired of is their pan crust (I also don't get very much of it very often since it's an extra dollar and on medium sized only). Hand tossed is good, but it's only best when fresh. The pans have that nice fluffy texture to enjoy even after reheated :proud:.

Also the sandwiches; buffalo chicken and chicken Parmesan are my favorites :proud:.

Edited by Wolf.

• 2 weeks later...

Marco's Pizza is pretty good, it's a chain that 2 years ago paired with the only remaining video store chain I know of named Family Video. Marco's is REALLLY good, especially their pepperoni is wonderful. I love getting Pineapple, and Pepperoni pizza when I order.