Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What ships do you think could become Canon?

Tilgoreth

CheeriMac, if for no other reason to to permanently kill MarbleMac and its implications of incest.

Marble Pie isn't related though. We still don't know if Pinkie Pie and Applejack are cousins. Even if they where they'd be like fourth or fifth cousins. So it wouldn't really be incest.

CheeriMac, if for no other reason to to permanently kill MarbleMac and its implications of incest.

Marrying your fourth cousin is not incest, in fact it's extremely common and one of the ideal ranges in genetic distance. Also, MarbleMac all the way. Only other one I can really see happening is Derpy Whooves because it's not mane-six and they've been shown together before. 

Theres very little possible ships that can become more focused or canon. Problem with them is that the show barely focus on any male characters or relationship between a male and female ADULT characters. The one that exist and have most focus are :FlutterCord and Sparity and only the former could be developed due to them both being adult.

The only ships that included romantic blushing were :Fluttershy toward Discord, Starlight toward Sunburst, Marble and Big Mac toward eachother and Spike toward Rarity.

There isn't much choice and possibilities. And it's a moot point in trying to predict the rest of realtionships like SoariDash or ZephyrDash or LyraBon etc because they have no focus neighter as friends nor any visual attraction hint.

• Brohoof 2

This one's not particularly popular, I think, but Thunderlane and Cloudchaser is another ship with very high chances of becoming a thing. They could just as easily give them an intimate cameo in a later episode, and no one would object to it.

post-30713-0-28142400-1487756555.png

Edited by KillerKingBakudan
  • Brohoof 1

Marrying your fourth cousin is not incest, in fact it's extremely common and one of the ideal ranges in genetic distance. Also, MarbleMac all the way. Only other one I can really see happening is Derpy Whooves because it's not mane-six and they've been shown together before.

We don't even know if Pinkie Pie and Applejack are related. Even if they where they'd probably be fourth or fifth cousins. What is incest is saying that Big Mac and Applejack are the biological parents of Apple Bloom. I don't really know the dynamics of actual horse herds. Maybe it wouldn't matter for real horses. But yeah incest isn't happening in a kids show.

As far as mane 6 ships go...I'd say SoarinDash has a chance if only because some of the animators like the pair...and even then I don't expect it until the end of the series at the very least...also if it happened then ZephyrDash would die a horrible death(hopefully)... maybe FlutterCord can be canon too(as much as I hate to admit it)

I can't see Sparity happening

Or FlashLight, or any of the mane6 ships

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 2

As far as mane 6 ships go...I'd say SoarinDash has a chance if only because some of the animators like the pair...and even then I don't expect it until the end of the series at the very least...also if it happened then ZephyrDash would die a horrible death(hopefully)... maybe FlutterCord can be canon too(as much as I hate to admit it)

I can't see Sparity happening

Or FlashLight, or any of the mane6 ships

I'd hate it if they got their way and made SoarinDash real. I can't stand Soarin.

I really don't think any of the fandom's ships will become canon. The same-sex ones stand no chance because Hasbro would get a lot of shit over them and after The Last Roundup I really can't blame them for playing it safe (Slice of Life LyraBon notwithstanding). I don't think FlashLight will be a thing in canon because he's purely a movie character with some cameos as a background pony in the series proper, and even the movies have taken to only showing Flash to blueball him.

Fluttercord could be canon if it weren't for the whole pony-eternal god of chaos draconequus thing that I don't think will ever be expanded upon beyond "we're best friends" if even that. Sparity doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell unless it happens decades into the future since Spike is way too young.

Despite all of this, I'm still hoping for AppleDash or SunLight to happen.

• Brohoof 1

LOL the only thing stopping FLutterCord from becoming canon is probably Discord not appearing at all in S7 and Movie. I didn't expected this kind of way of avoiding shipping from the writers XD

Marble Pie isn't related though. We still don't know if Pinkie Pie and Applejack are cousins. Even if they where they'd be like fourth or fifth cousins. So it wouldn't really be incest.

Even first cousins is not incest actually. I any case it was mentioned in Ponkie Apple Pie how distantly they would be related and it was 4th cousin twice removed by a fifth cousin (and I have no idea what that last thing is suopposed to mean). If that was incest nobody in a small town or in Iceland could date. So I agree that is not an issue. However since so many in the fandom seem to think cousins in is bad I doupt the show can go there.

Starlight/Sunburst could happen with their relationship made a big deal out of. But I don't expect it to.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttercord has the most ship fuel out of everything to be made into canon. I could also see something between Spike and Ember if there were a flash forward of some kind. 

Edited by Buck Testa

I hope that they don't use shippings from the fandom because I guess that a lot of bronies would hate it that their favorite shipping is not canon or that their number one hate shipping is canon. I personal would like to see a homosexual pair in the show because it is more realistic. Equestria have more mares than stallions and homosexuality is a total normal thing in the natur. But Hasbro never would do it because they don't want problems with conservative parents who don't like to show their kids total natural things. I also must say that the theme relationship between Mane 6 or a mane 6 with another pony don't fits to the show. 

I also must say that a lot of the fandom shippings are not really good in my eyes. But there are a few which I don't like because of different reasons and which are really famous in the fandom.
-Sparity: A dragon child (dragons can live really long and they are big when they are adult) and a normal adult pony ... nope, sorry, they don't fits. But I am ok with the "spike has an crush on Rarity" thing as long it is not more. 
-Fluttercord: Besides the fact that I don't like this shipping, it wouldn't fits in my opinion. He is a godlike creature who is immortal and thousands of years old while she is a normal pegasus. Both are also different species. 

-Fluttermac: Two silent characters in a relationship ... that would be not a good realtionship because they never would speak or said anything when they have a problem because they are to afraid to hurt the feelings of the others. This is the same reason why I don't like Marblemac (besides that is to easy ... I mean, bring the both most silent ponys together ... not really creative or interesting).

-Appledash: Two masculine women in a relationship? Hmm, this is really a big cliche. But when I see lesbian pairings, they are usually one feminine woman and one more masculine woman. I mean, I wouldn't say that a lesbian pair with two masculine women isn't possible, but a relationship between two different characters would be more interesting and is more represented.

But this are only my personal opinions. 

I hope that they don't use shippings from the fandom because I guess that a lot of bronies would hate it that their favorite shipping is not canon or that their number one hate shipping is canon. I personal would like to see a homosexual pair in the show because it is more realistic. Equestria have more mares than stallions and homosexuality is a total normal thing in the natur. But Hasbro never would do it because they don't want problems with conservative parents who don't like to show their kids total natural things. I also must say that the theme relationship between Mane 6 or a mane 6 with another pony don't fits to the show. 

I also must say that a lot of the fandom shippings are not really good in my eyes. But there are a few which I don't like because of different reasons and which are really famous in the fandom.
-Sparity: A dragon child (dragons can live really long and they are big when they are adult) and a normal adult pony ... nope, sorry, they don't fits. But I am ok with the "spike has an crush on Rarity" thing as long it is not more. 
-Fluttercord: Besides the fact that I don't like this shipping, it wouldn't fits in my opinion. He is a godlike creature who is immortal and thousands of years old while she is a normal pegasus. Both are also different species. 

-Fluttermac: Two silent characters in a relationship ... that would be not a good realtionship because they never would speak or said anything when they have a problem because they are to afraid to hurt the feelings of the others. This is the same reason why I don't like Marblemac (besides that is to easy ... I mean, bring the both most silent ponys together ... not really creative or interesting).

-Appledash: Two masculine women in a relationship? Hmm, this is really a big cliche. But when I see lesbian pairings, they are usually one feminine woman and one more masculine woman. I mean, I wouldn't say that a lesbian pair with two masculine women isn't possible, but a relationship between two different characters would be more interesting and is more represented.

But this are only my personal opinions. 

While disliking Sparity is a valid reason due to their age. FlutterCord argument doesn't make sense. Different species and different age or life span? Already happened in Steven Universe. Check out the only canon ship in that cartoon. A 5000+ year old woman looking alien had a child with 20+ human male. Main character is their son. If entire world was not shocked by this ship then Fluttercord is really as vanilla as the Disneys Beauty and the Beast couple.

I think none, its irrelevant. Unless it start with  an episode where a new character having a crush on the old characters. Like the one with Trenderhoof or Zephyr breeze showing hints of crushing on RD. But nothing beyond.