Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Rift <Shut down>

genessee

@@Moon Dancer.

¨oh ok such a weird way to start a world tour¨

she had no idea what to say 

¨my name is star note you must be the changeling king ¨

she bows 

¨you must know my aunt queen chrysalis as you can see i am half changeling and half pony and i never got to meet  you but i heard

alot about you from my mom a changeling, sorry am i talking to much¨

• Brohoof 1

@,

The changeling king sighs. "I am not related to Chrysalis or her hive or you. I have a small hidden hive that is unrelated to any other hive. So you must be confusing me with some other royal changeling, most likely." he says in response to star note. Scoffing just a bit. 

• Brohoof 1

Lance whistled as he strolled through the forest. He tried to ignore that there might be a pack of timberwolves stalking him as he picked small sticks for fuel and kicked the occasional pinecone that got in his way. Every time he came to a clearing he hoped to find either a clean river or hut, but every time it was just a empty clearing. He didn't feel very helpful. He was an immature earth pony, surrounded by unicorns, changelings and the like. He simply felt rather useless

After about an hours worth of casual strolling, Lance had a decent amount of sticks, and had even grabbed a few berries. He had no idea if they were poisonous or not, but he was relying on Techno or Steady to answer that question. Unfortunately, he had stopped paying attention and stepped on a stray pinecone. He wasn't expecting this, and it scared him, and he dropped his sticks and berries. He stepped on a berry, and slipped over the juice, and was sent facefirst-- again-- down into the bush.

When he got up and wiped the dirt off his face, he was amazed at what he saw. A river! Clean water! He quickly tried to find a landmark to remember where the river was.

Edited by genessee

@@Moon Dancer.,

she looks embarresed and her wings turn red

¨sorry i must have mixed you up,.. it happens am i right¨

star notices her wings and quickly changes them

¨well i am going to find some wood or leaves for shelter¨

she leaves in a flash into the forest looking for wood and leaves

she whispers 

¨crap¨

Steady motioned for Techno to follow, then set off back into the forest. As he walked, he grabbed every berry and fruit he could off of the various bushes and trees, deciding to check to see if they were poisonous later. He also kept his eyes out for anything he could fashion into a weapon that wasn't a meager stick.

"I miss my weapons. Feel so empty without them," Steady said to no one in particular. "What good is an assassin if he doesn't have anything to kill with...."

• Brohoof 1

Techno walked into the the forest into a spot where there seemed to be lots of eatable fruit and berries.

TU: There seems to be lots here so... I know I'll run my auto harvest program!!! I've never gotten a chance to test it before but I might aswel give it a try here I just need to get it started.

CMD: AUTO-HARVEST.PROG NOW RUNNING...

Then his magic caused a huge amount of the fruit and berries to float up and merge into a massive ball above him that he estimated had a 5 meter diameter from where he was...

TU: WOW!!! I never expected it to work that well plus usually I can't hold that much with my magic so it's definitely the computer unit doing that in fact the should probably bring back my little collection of food to the others.

He then made his way back to the group with the ball following him to always stay above him while he was in motion. He then ordered the system to put it down when he was a few meters away from the others and then the program automatically closed when he put the ball down. He then called out.

TU: Hey!!! Is this good enough!?

• Brohoof 1

After a fruitless search for any sort of usable weapon, and a not so fruitless search for... well, fruit, Steady made his way back towards the group.  Sitting away from the group, Steady started sorting the berries between known and unknown berries, then poisonous and nonpoisonous, taking guesses on the unknown berries. Once satisfied, he placed the poisonous berries into too pouches on his vest, still divided by known and unknown, and carried the rest back towards the group in his magic.

• Brohoof 1

@Everypony

As the sun begins to set, everyone seems to be here except Lance.

---

Lance had decided to follow the river to see if it ended up somewhere of value. When the sun began setting, he decided that he would follow the river for a few more minutes before making his way back to the group. 

After two more minutes of walking, Lance had found a tent. He began making his way to it, and it looked abandoned. He quickly ducked inside and looked arou-- a skull was sitting in the mud.

"Noooope nopenopenope NOPE nope nothappening noooooooopers nope nope NOPE."

He sprinted out of the tent and back towards the forest faster than he had ever ran in his entire life.

• Brohoof 1

@@genessee,

while star note was picking berries she thought she heard some pony saying

"Noooope nopenopenope NOPE nope nothappening noooooooopers nope nope NOPE."

she thought she was hearing things but then she saw lance running super fast toward camp

she stopped him and said

"WHAT WHATS WRONG"

Techno was now going through the huge pile of fruit and berries liking for any poisonous items to make sure that the automatic program was 100% reliable. He then head Lance screaming over something followed by him running straight out of a bush. Techno then shouted out to Lance...

TU: Dude what is it!? What did you find out there!?

@@Techno Universal @

Eventually Lance's legs gave out and he collapsed in a hyperventilating, terrified heap. After a few minutes of calming down, he finally gave his reasoning. 

"There is a pony skull in that tent!"

He motioned dramatically towards the near-invisible abandoned tent sitting near the river.

"I'm done. I'm not going near this river. Like ever again."

When techno heard that it was a pony skull in that tent he got really interested...

TU: I think I need to check this out for myself.

Techno walked to the tent to see the skull in there. He picked it up with his magic and took a real close look at it even analysing it with his CPU unit. He then discovered that it was something he never expected...

TU: Is that the skull from my father that died in a lab accident 5 years ago! It has to be because of the DNA signature on it. I wonder how it got out here when he was berried back in my home universe. It's probably a rifted item in this universe so that means that the lab could likely be existent here because if it is we could get home!

Techno ran off to tell the news to the others...

@@genessee

"oh well thats freaky"

she shook literally because of the thought of it

"umm so we never properly meet my name is star note"

she helped him up

she really had no idea what to say after the skull thing

"so,are you ok"

she only just realized that he was the only earth pony out of the ponies she's seen

Techno then arrived back at the camp...

TU: Guys! You won't believe this but I was able to DNA identify that skull and it's the skull of my brother who died in a lab accident 5 years ago! That means it must of rifted here from my home universe because he was berried there and potentially my lab rifted here to and if it did we could get home using the equipment in there!!!

(edited)

@

"Oh! Uh... Thanks."

@@Moon Dancer. @@Lil' Lovebug

Lance returned to the camp, not following his own curfew. 

"Sorry I'm late, there was--"

Lance was cut off by Techno's arrival.

@@Techno Universal

After Techno was done, Lance said,

"While that might not only be not true, I think we should hold off of any more gathering or exploring until morning. We don't have any mobile light source so... hold on, we should get a fire going."

He reached for his firewood that he had picked up, before remembering that he had dropped it when he fell down the ditch.

"I mean, I got firewood, but I dropped it... oops."

Edited by genessee

(edited)

"your welcome"

does a smile

she makes her way back with @@genessee,

she hears what @@Techno Universal

says

"well what kind of equipment would you think would be in there?" Mabey it would help find that wood again that you dropped"

she looks at genessee smirks 

"just kidding, I go find some wood"

shes starts making her way into the forest making a light from her horn

Edited by StarNote

"Welcome back Lance," Steady shouted to the grey pony from his spot away from the others. "I managed to get us a lot of, hopefully, not poisonous and fruits. I'd try some of the berries personally, but my training didn't cover poison resistance at all, so we can skip the maybe be pile," Steady waved to the pile of unknown berries he'd sorted, "if there are any reservations about taking chances."

Steady heard a sound from the forest and watched as Techno emerged from the trees. Listening to him talk, Steady's face scrunched up. "D.N.A? Skulls? Lab? Rift? What in the two sister's names is going on? This sounds like some weird voodoo stuff that I'd rather stay away from, thank you. Plus, if the blood on some of our clothing and the lack of a Ponyville," Steady pointed his hoof at his leather outfit, Lance, then in the direction of where Ponyville should have been, "Is any indication, I don't think any of us are alive, and I certainly don't think there are going to be very many, if any, pony, or other species, made structures."

@@Lil' Lovebug

Lance nodded at Steady. Even though Techno seemed smarter, he was too smart for him to understand what he was saying. At least Steady made sense.

"I can't verify anything that Techno said or you said, but I can verify that there is a skull and there is a tent. I saw them with my own two eyes."

@

"I'm freez-- hey, where are you going?"

He looked over towards StarNote. 

Techno then turned to Star Note to answer her question...

TU: Now the equipment in the lab is mainly digital magic computers and other stuff related to digital magic. Now digital magic equipment is basically computer based machines that can wild magic based on how they are programmed. I could program the computers in the lab to create inter-universal portals that could get you home. It's just the lab may not be existent in this universe but still there is a chance it will. I know there is a lab entrance in the forest just outside Ponyvill so we could travel there in the morning. I also forgot to mention that it's a underground lab too.

Techno then laid down in the grass against a tree as he was starting to get tiered...

@@Techno Universal,

"ohh ok" 

*whispers 

"I had no idea what you said 

says out loud

"BUT OK"

@@genessee,

" i like your name its cool "

looks to forest

"i was going to get some wood because you dropped yours on your way here. I know it might be dangerous but I can handle myself"

she gets her game face on 

@@genessee,  

(edited)

"If you want, I can go with her. Make sure nothing happens."

Steady set his stash of berries aside and walked over towards Lance and Star. He stood at attention and saluted for a brief moment before going back to his normal stance. "I figure we really shouldn't be going into the forest alone, especially now that we've found a skull. Bad omens and such. So, I can help you carry some of that wood back here and set it up for a nice campfire. Had to build a few impromptu campsites back when I was still alive."

Edited by Lil' Lovebug
  • Brohoof 1

@@Lil' Lovebug @

"Uhhh... You know, I can help show you where I dropped the firewood."

While this was true, the real reason Lance wanted to tag along was because he was freezing and didn't want to spend too much time getting frostbite. Plus, he was looking at this place an entirely new way now that he had found a skull, and spending an entire night in a makeshift shelter with no light whatsoever? That sounded like a horror book setup.

(edited)

Hello, dear readers and participants!

So, it has come to my attention that this roleplay has kinda died out. And so, we will be rebooting this roleplay in a new thread. Mods, feel free to delete this thread if you'd like to or close it. Anyways, I'll put the link to the new thread below when I get it.

Edited by genessee