Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you given the typical labels back at your high/middle school?

TBD

I  normally don't post two discussions, but since the forum is kinda die down with general discussion (plus i'm bored) here's another.

Were you given the typical labels back at your high/middle school? or if you still are,  And found it irrelevant to you?

labels like "nerd", "geek," "punk", "jock", "The valley",  and ects.

I don't mean any offense,  this is just a "yeh kids back then are bluh bluh" LMAO discussion.

back at middle school I got the label as "goth". It was a facepalm moment there, since it just because I always wore black. Not my fault black is all the color i have. 

Edited by Satrox

No, but I also got the luxury of being friends with football team from my grade and up. But honestly, bullying didn't really go on at my school. I mean there was some drama/etc. but no one got picked on, it was like mutual hatred rather than someone preying on someone else, and maybe some small scale bullying I didn't know about.

Keep in mind this was a school of like 500ish people, almost everyone knew who everyone was and word got around fast.

Plus you usually think of 'da jockz' being assholes but at my school they were really nice people. Growing up you really get the idea of like all these high school 'archetypes' but obviously people are a hell of a lot more three dimensional. 

I mean I guess I got super off topic, so no, I didn't get called names. But I didn't really look like I """belonged""" to a certain clique, either and I wasn't really that eccentric. I just played a goofy 'character' sometimes, another kid I knew did it too.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

I'm not sure if I was ever actually labeled as anything. Most likely "nerd" though, which is something I embrace :lol: I was an odd dude in high/middle school. Did I associate with the other nerds? Of course. But I didn't limit friendships to just one clique.

I was "that guy"

I was called a lot of stuff. Though, I will say I kind of deserved it, considering I was kind of an edge-lord.

I got called a "Nazi" for showing anarcho-capitalist ideals (not really that anymore, 'cause I realized it doesn't work).

​I'm not really sure what labels I was given, I was always the new kid at school.  I never really stayed at a school for more than two years and I ended up graduating when I was 19 because of it.

• Brohoof 1

I remembered being called "sporty" back in school, mainly because I was in athletics. I was also labeled as a nerd, but didn't mind once I hit high school. :P

I was more or less the loner of the school rarely spoke to anyone just spending my time reading and ignoring other students of course they also were quite wary of me I was an outcast among the students though much admired by teachers due to my high intelligence that was during most of my middle and high school years

I never had any labels attributed to me during my many school years because I kept to myself and rarely interacted with anyone outside of the classroom setting. Plus, I was often ignored though when I was given any attention, it was designed to make me miserable.

Not really. I came from a small school. I didn't hear any of the traditional labels passed around at all, let alone for me. Not to mention the proposed cliques were all backwards in order of power. The Goth kids were the most popular. The nerdy kids and their penchant for anything involving fire and duct tape ranked them second. Band kids were next, followed by the special ed. students, and finally, our semblance of a football team were at the bottom of the pile. 

I'm not sure if it's a general label, but I was refereed to as the "Quiet girl". You know the one. The student who talks to no one and spends most of their time reading, drawing, or studying instead of socializing. I was and have never been a social person, so if this isn't a typical label then I apologize. All I know is that it's the first of few words people would use to describe me.

When I was still in school I didn't exactly fit into any specific category. I had my little circle of a few friends but I wasn't categorized into anything bigger than that. I was mostly artistic and a bit nerdy, but not overly so. I liked various different things but I wasn't very demonstrative of the fact, and I avoided larger clubs and cliques as a general rule. I think I confounded most efforts to label me. I was just 'one of those girls'.  :grin:

People liked to call me weird but also four-eyes because not many people in our class had glasses back then. Even if nothing more specific than that, I really was a weird thing that people liked to call names behind my back.  :please: And I do believe they still do.

I was known as a nutter and a mad man who would shoot up a school, the reason for this was my aggression towards bullies, I saw a kid being attacked\bulled said bully\bullies were not getting away with just a pink-slip or a slap on the wrist.

And for the record, I would never do that, while yes I would beat the crap out of a hostel I would never kill anyone unless necessary, I would probably that kid that stopped an attack, you know, disarm a hostile restrain him\her, I also paid attention to my classmates if they need help, I was there to talk and help in any way possible, but that didn't stop the rest of the school saying "He was planning a attack," or "He's a sociopath," all baseless of course, and the teachers and faculty hated me and never had my side.

No one ever bullied me though, so, that was nice.

Well, they bullied me, mainly because of my hair.

They called me Carrot Face, or Redhead. Not sure if they called me gay, but it think so.

They didnt actually called me freak, but they were acting and talking about me, like they think i would be one.

They also called amok runner. Maybe because i was so silent.

But thankfully, that stopped.

I was known as the "hyperactive gay". Suited me then, suits me now. :D