Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PLEASE don't make AJ's parents alive.

TheAnimatorOfficial

I agree with the OP. It's something I've always felt, but it has grown into a bit more of a self-indulgent hope that Bright Mac and Pear Butter are deceased. There is something reassuring at how put together the Apples are even though they suffered a loss like that.

I do like the idea of Old Grand Pear telling the story if that is the route they go. Narratively and realistically, it could be done without a mention of them being dead.

• Brohoof 1

If they actually are alive, i feel like that it confirms what i feared for awhile now, that the further this show goes on, the further it is damaging it's legacy and especially with something like AJ's Parents, that have been hinted for so long that they are dead, it would be a huge kick in the butt.

• Brohoof 4

as mentioned, AJ souded like they are dead in "Crusaders of the Lost Mark"

I also remember one older episode(Dunno which season and episode) where you see 2 shooting stars at the end of the episode, that was even comfirmed by someone from the staff or so on twitter, that itwas a symbole of there dead parents.

and i also hear this upcoming episode is a flashback so right now I highly doubt they are alive

Fun Fact the Second: Sibsy never actually said the shooting stars meant they were dead. Someone simply asked if the stars represented AJ's parents, and Sibsy basically just said "Yeah" without further elaboration.

I really doubt that's going to happen, it's pretty obvious the writers are aware of that headcanon and support it, and since there's been no real "confirmation" then they can just get away with not showing them without giving explanations.

Unless they were taken prisoner or some shit like that, it'd be impossible to portray them alive without looking like the worst parents in the world

To actually go along and actually say "yup, they're alive" after years of actually saying they're dead, constantly teasing us, would be a gigantic middle finger

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 1

''Please don't make a cartoon characters parents alive in a show aimed at kids or I will kill them myself''.

Good logic bronies, good job.  :pout:

As much as I agree with most about the "AJ's parents" headcanon, this is my reaction to said logic:

Edited by A.V.

Frankly, I really was hoping that AJ's parents were NEVER going to show up. I don't know why everyone wants it so badly, but showing their parents would only ruin the structure of the apple family and the mystery of their parents. It would just be better if it was never addressed. Besides, there are plenty of fan fictions that are satisfactory enough for me!

If her parents are alive its going to provide pointless conflict to fill an episode, its too easy to do. We get some sappy moments, some why weren't you here moments, eventually a conclusion, it writes itself. Doesn't mean its what the show needs tho, in fact it kinda contradicts it the consensus would be, but history is told by the victors they say.

Not only would Bright Mac and Pear Butter being alive go against some STRONG implications we've gotten over the years, when Bright Mac and Pear Butter were revealed at the toy fair, they were likened to Romeo and Juliet, and anybody even REMOTELY familiar with William Shakespeare knows how THAT turned out.

So basically MLP will actually show suicide?

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial

Unless they were taken prisoner or some shit like that, it'd be impossible to portray them alive without looking like the worst parents in the world

To actually go along and actually say "yup, they're alive" after years of actually saying they're dead, constantly teasing us, would be a gigantic middle finger

Except no one ever said they were dead.

Unless Hasbro is the one that would force their hand on this, I would lose some respect for the writers if they went this route. They have done several subtle hints at the parents not being alive and it could be something that adds some tragic diversity among the characters. All they need to do is go the flashback route that I have heard about and all could be good. At this point it is something we all are convinced of.

AJ parents are only two characters in 2016-2017 that i want them die so badly and willing to kill them myself if i can touch the script.

The only bullshit i can at least accept is amnesia.

Edited by Lambdadelta

I was thinking that if they're going to touch on this, they'll do so in the movie where they'll be free to explicitly mention death as the Y7 rating won't apply.  They don't even have to delve into the gritty details but simply acknowledge it as fact as anyone whose parents passed years ago would.  If they go with a flashback in a Season7 episode, they can talk about them in the past tense but they'll linguistically tiptoe around their current status as they usually do. 

The writers may have dug themselves into a proverbial hole with this situation and have no other option but to go with whatever decision is made by Hasbro.

What happened to the free reign that was granted to these writers when the series was established?  At the end of the day MLP is Hasbro's intellectual property and they would have the final say if they pressed the matter.  But if they have any working brain cells at all they'll leave mom and dad in the past.