Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do any of your friends know your a brony?

Silver_Bolt42

Abso-tootly-utely. Be it from my habitual drawing of ponies during class, my wearing of pony shirts, or the little Rainbow Dash dangling from my rear view mirror, my friends have found out one way or another.

• Brohoof 1

Well, yes. I'm going to exclude my family since my household is 100% Brony. I have friends of varying tastes and hobbies, and the ones that tend to enjoy animation, sci-fi, etc all know I am a fan of the show. It hasn't really come up organically with all my friends though, but I have worn a shirt on occasion ... so I'm assuming a few have to know.

Unsurprisingly, most of my friend know I'm a die hard fan of Star Wars since I never pass up an opportunity to do a horrible Yoda impression. I say that because I my friends tend to know my tastes skew geek anyway, so it wouldn't shock them that I like pony. ;)

• Brohoof 4

I would say yes. I've never brought it up in real life but they've seen my social media and I talk about ponies sometimes but they don't really care.

We do reference PONY.MOV a lot because we all are a fan of Max Gilardi and his animations, but we've never had an actual discussion on the show. only a handful of little mentions of it.

• Brohoof 1

well, my best friend being the one who introduced me to mlp I would have to say yes :P but almost all my friends know that im a brony

• Brohoof 3

Oh, yes. For sure. Pretty much everyone who knows me knows that I'm a MLP:FiM fan. I carry around a Derpy bag and wallet every time I go anywhere. I openly watch the show, listen to the music, and collect merch. I sometimes wear pony shirts, I have pony toys all over, sometimes I post pony stuff on Facebook publicly, and so on.

I'm a woman, so I haven't gotten much flak for it, except for the occasional person online. My mom knows about the brony fandom and such (I've told her about it) and even likes some episodes herself. My dad probably doesn't get it but certainly doesn't mind that I'm a fan of the show and toys and stuff. He's known for years that I like cartoons so it wasn't ever a big deal to him. I have a teenage brother who likes the show himself, and my other teenage brother doesn't watch it anymore but doesn't mind that I'm a brony.

• Brohoof 1

For a few years, I never told anybody. But now a couple of my friends know. One of them is a brony too and the other ones are just people who don't mind it.

I still haven't told anybody except for 2 of my friends so far.

Abso-tootly-utely. Be it from my habitual drawing of ponies during class, my wearing of pony shirts, or the little Rainbow Dash dangling from my rear view mirror, my friends have found out one way or another.

Sounds good! I'm too scared to go around wearing pony shirts or anything like that.

I made a post about it a while back and none of them cared.  Not going to tell any more I make though just in case they over react to it.

Thats personally what I'm afraid of if I tell my friends. I would probably never hear the end of it.

What friends? I ain't got no friends irl

Fair point my friend. I don't have to many friends myself.

Well, yes. I'm going to exclude my family since my household is 100% Brony. I have friends of varying tastes and hobbies, and the ones that tend to enjoy animation, sci-fi, etc all know I am a fan of the show. It hasn't really come up organically with all my friends though, but I have worn a shirt on occasion ... so I'm assuming a few have to know.

Unsurprisingly, most of my friend know I'm a die hard fan of Star Wars since I never pass up an opportunity to do a horrible Yoda impression. I say that because I my friends tend to know my tastes skew geek anyway, so it wouldn't shock them that I like pony. ;)

None of my family know. They would be the last people I tell.

I would say yes. I've never brought it up in real life but they've seen my social media and I talk about ponies sometimes but they don't really care.

We do reference PONY.MOV a lot because we all are a fan of Max Gilardi and his animations, but we've never had an actual discussion on the show. only a handful of little mentions of it.

I don't really have to much social media and even the ones I do have I don't share with anyone of my friends.

well, my best friend being the one who introduced me to mlp I would have to say yes :P but almost all my friends know that im a brony

One of my friends is a brony himself. I guess you can say he introduced me to the fandom, but I was kind of interested in it before that.

Don't have any friends outside of here though my family knows and mostly accepts my interest

Well at least your family excepts it.

Anyone that makes the mistake of taking to me long enough knows I'm a brony/pegasister.

Nice. Even if you do get to know me I try to keep is as private as possible.

Nice

Oh, yes. For sure. Pretty much everyone who knows me knows that I'm a MLP:FiM fan. I carry around a Derpy bag and wallet every time I go anywhere. I openly watch the show, listen to the music, and collect merch. I sometimes wear pony shirts, I have pony toys all over, sometimes I post pony stuff on Facebook publicly, and so on.

I'm a woman, so I haven't gotten much flak for it, except for the occasional person online. My mom knows about the brony fandom and such (I've told her about it) and even likes some episodes herself. My dad probably doesn't get it but certainly doesn't mind that I'm a fan of the show and toys and stuff. He's known for years that I like cartoons so it wasn't ever a big deal to him. I have a teenage brother who likes the show himself, and my other teenage brother doesn't watch it anymore but doesn't mind that I'm a brony.

.Nice, I wouldn't be brave enough to do that.

No one knows, I will probably tell atleast my family eventually but I dont want them to think its a big deal. I like mlp, so what.

I dont see a reason for anyone else to know though, I dont think they would care.

Same with me. If I did tell any of my family it would probably be my brother.

• Brohoof 2

Nice, only like two of mine know as of now.

I am pretty open about it. Even my friends that are Anti-Bronies don't really mind because I kind of make a joke out of it.  :P

I always tell this one joke about how they should not watch MLP because it is basically drugs (the actual joke is a bit longer, and is more funny), which my friends find hilarious.  :-P

• Brohoof 1

I am pretty open about it. Even my friends that are Anti-Bronies don't really mind because I kind of make a joke out of it.  :P

I always tell this one joke about how they should not watch MLP because it is basically drugs (the actual joke is a bit longer, and is more funny), which my friends find hilarious.  :-P

Sounds good. If I told my friends I would never hear the end of it.

• Brohoof 1

I've never told any of my friends about it because I don't have any friends in real-life anymore. Rather, they are acquaintances that I meet with every two weeks or so.

• Brohoof 2

I've never told any of my friends about it because I don't have any friends in real-life anymore. Rather, they are acquaintances that I meet with every two weeks or so.

I have a very small group of friends that I talk to at school but thats about it.

Well currently nobody knows about it plus knowing what my parents are like it would be a total disaster if they found out that I was a brony. Plus because they are quite over protective of me on the internet and they won't allow me to have any social media account until I'm 18 and that's around two years from now so they would just...Well I could only describe it as them pressing the suicide-nuke detonation button and that's if they found out that I was on MLP forms before I turn 18. So I think it's best to keep it completely secret until I'm in my 20s or around then sometime. :)

• Brohoof 1

Well currently nobody knows about it plus knowing what my parents are like it would be a total disaster if they found out that I was a brony. Plus because they are quite over protective of me on the internet and they won't allow me to have any social media account until I'm 18 and that's around two years from now so they would just...Well I could only describe it as them pressing the suicide-nuke detonation button and that's if they found out that I was on MLP forms before I turn 18. So I think it's best to keep it completely secret until I'm in my 20s or around then sometime. :)

If my mom found out I don't think she would care to much. It's just my step-dad I'm worried about. I doubt my real dad would care either.