Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do any of your friends know your a brony?

Silver_Bolt42

So many of them knew until I announced that I'm not interested in MLP anymore. Since I still actually do watch the show and like ponies, it'd weird to go to them again and tell that MLP is still one of my interests; especially because they've grown to consider it kind of dumb.

Right now my friends just think I've more or less 'got over' MLP so they don't actually know about my secret activity here.  :-o

Only my Internet Friends know, that im a Brony.

In the internet, i have a Pony Avatar on pretty much every side, so im open minded about it. ( except for one Superman Side )

In real life, i dont tell anyone, because im afraid, i might get bullied or made fun off. Or that i coud annoy some People, seeing all the People that hate Bronys.

• Brohoof 1

well I dont exactly have any irl friends (and the ones that are "friends" I try to lose them since they are just people who feel sorry for me) but anyways its pretty obvious that im a brony online, from my drawings and pictures

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The OP assumes I have friends. If friendship is magic, then I'm a earth pony muggle.

I'm not sure if my friends actually know or not. Most of them attended my birthday party the other year when I was gifted the MLP Season 4 DVD boxset by a member of my family, but I dunno what they got out of that. I'm very vocal about how amazing unicorns are, so they may have just lumped it in with my unicorn obsession. I once spent quarter of an hour or so explaining why Discord was amazing to a few of my friends, comparing him to Loki, the Joker, and other, similar, villains, but never once mentioned what franchise he featured in.

So yeah, they don't ask, I don't tell. :-P

Edited by Duality

yep, i usually share something pony related on facebook, sometimes wear pony clothes, and i'll mention MLP, the show, if the question comes up about great characters or shows i watch, usually gives it away quite easily.
so i'm mostly behaving with it as i would any other show.

Yes, all of my friends know. But, they don't know the term 'brony' so they call me 'pony lover'.

This is why I'm happy everyday, knowing that they're teasing me without even knowing what the right word to use is :)

I enjoy being variably subtle about it. I often wear a shirt with Rainbow Dash's cutie mark on it whilst out running (or during similar exercise) which is obvious to those who have some knowledge of the show, whilst the Twilight Sparkle key-ring on my car keys is extremely obvious (albeit rarely seen.) The Ministry of Arcane Science is somewhat obscure even within the fandom, so my t-shirt and mug with its logo and name on it have yet to cause comment but again anyone who knows Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark will recognise that it is MLP related.

As to how many know... not many, I imagine. It's not something I would bring up of my own volition and it hardly occurs in common conversation. I'd be happy enough to talk about it were it to come up, but that seems unlikely (maybe if I ever drop my car keys.) 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Sure they do. Having gone to an art college which promotes inclusiveness and acceptance, and includes a brony club, I have plenty of friends who know I'm a brony and are just fine with that.

My parents know and they don't mind. 

However my sisters are very skeptical of it, but they have no power over me. So I'm alright.

Edited by BrawnyCharger
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, my close friends know and i occasionally leak information about it. But i've been concealing it more and more, since my best friend, who once was a brony, has become kind of arrogant and started caring very much about his image.

I do the same. I conceal it except to those, from whom i know that i can tell them such things.

• Brohoof 1

yes, I kind of have a wear it on my sleve attitude about it, my reasoning is why hide something you love?

helps make friends at work and other random places.

It like driving a car and having people ask you about it not to give you crap but more of learning about cars and such.

• Brohoof 1

I have only 2 offline friends and one of them used to watch the show and the other is part of the fandom. So needless to say, they definitely know. Pretty much everyone I know, knows I watch the show. I don't hide it. Self-acceptance is more important to me than what people would think. I don't go out of my way to make sure peeple know, because I don't need to, but I definitely don't hide it.

• Brohoof 2

Speaking from my personal experience, I currently serve in the armed forces and for one of the most difficult branches out there and criticism comes with the territory. I blatantly own being a brony, and quite frankly I could care less about public opinions of me. If your really concerned about what others think of you, don't be. I know its easier said than done, but sometimes you just gotta take a leap of faith and be comfortable with yourself. As far as your parents go, they should love yah regardless of your interests, yeah my step-father jokes about hating the show and constantly makes fun of it, but he supports me none-the-less. I've got a lot of friends who know that i'm a brony, and yeah they hate the show, but were still friends regardless. I just don't mention it around them unless i'm just being me and trying to rag on them. Its really all about personal acceptance and stepping from there, If you ever want someone to talk to I can be there to walk yah through it. ;)   

• Brohoof 1

Well pretty much everyone knows I'm a brony so yeah XD I'm open to showing people the things I love.. its the best way to make friends and realize who really accepts you for who you are in the end ^.^ 

• Brohoof 2

Pretty much everyone knows i am a Brony. When i joined the fandom back in January 2013 i was a lot more talkative about it and my Facebook was contaminated with pony so everyone knew i was into My Little Pony. The last couple years however i have calmed down a lot and i don't bring it up in conversation or anything of the sort and no one seems to care. In school a few people asked me about it but it was nothing malicious just curiosity. Overall i am open about it but keep it too myself and i haven't had any issues with it. My brother and sister always poke fun at it from time to time. My dad just doesn't care and if he does he certainly hasn't said anything. The only time i ever got actual ridicule was from my mom such as calling me gay and other such nonsense. Besides everyone is more or less cool with it, they think i am a little weird but that is true i am weird lol. 

Edited by DayShadow
  • Brohoof 1

Only my boyfriend, he thinks it's cute that I draw my little cake OCs :fluttershy:

I don't think he'll ever become a brony but he definitely doesn't dislike the show or its fans.

I'm too scared to tell anyone else, even my mum and sister.

• Brohoof 2