Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do any of your friends know your a brony?

Silver_Bolt42

Most of them do, casually brought up without much fuss if it's on topic.

I still find it amusing when some of them look at me in disbelief and say something in the line of "Really? you don't seem like the type."

• Brohoof 1

Not sure if I would really still consider myself a brony as I haven't watched the show since about mid last year but I'm pretty open about the whole shebang these days, I use to super deep in the closet but as of the past 2 years or so I've stopped caring as much what people think about me as much. :P 

• Brohoof 1

I'm open about it, if people want to know. I think pretty much all of my friends and my parents know but I won't bring it up unless I have reason to. It's not that I'm embarrassed or anything, it's just not something I feel the need to boast about all the time. I was lucky that the first time my current girlfriend messaged me, she mentioned that I make YouTube videos about MLP, so I've never needed to have a big coming out moment to her about it. She's not a brony but she does seem quite fond of my Pinkie Pie plushie.

• 3 weeks later...

Ohh yeah, my IRL friends all know I'm a pegasister. I'm actually talking about the show and ponies and Rainbow Dash all the time around them, and no one really cares if I am or not :lol:

• Brohoof 2

A few are aware and they're all cool with it.  Anyone who knows me knows I enjoy cartoons in general so never comes as a huge surprise. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty open about being a brony. Most all of my friends know and they are pretty cool about it. Plus it is hard for me to keep it a secret because my room is totaly decked out with pony stuff =).

Short answer: No.

Long answer: I run with a policy of 'don't ask, don't tell' cuz honestly who cares? There really isn't a need to tell people, cuz it isn't like you're gay or somethin.

But I don't make it obvious, either. I never use pony avatars in places my friends may see (skype/steam) because I'm too much of a normie to care and I'm not worried about them judging me or whatever I just don't feel like hearing the teasing lmao, I'm not sensitive it is just something I want to avoid. Plus if I'm ever roasting anyone all they gotta do is mention MLP and they got me.

(edited)

I was extremely reluctant to tell my parents when I got into ponies. So reluctant, in fact, that when I did tell my parents it was after a year of hiding my viewership and it was in a controlled environment: my therapist's office (he's seen other bronies in the past) where they wouldn't have been able to make too much of a scene.

Turns out it didn't matter; my mom was a little surprised at first because she had heard of bronies in the past and she didn't think I fit the brony "profile" but she didn't have any problem with it and my dad was totally fine with it as well. In fact, most Saturdays my dad will sit down and watch new episodes of MLP with me. Both of my parents have seen a few episodes from the backlog that I picked out for them, too. I will say that my little brother (he's in elementary school) hates ponies with a passion. It doesn't bother me, though.

All of that said, I don't tell strangers or really anyone outside select members of the extended family that I'm into ponies because on the internet MLP has a large hatedom and in real life people probably associate bronies with rumors they've heard about the creepy NSFW stuff that some people are into.

Edited by J-115

probably everyone i know, since i've openly posted pony stuff on facebook and wears pony clothes in public and don't hide my spotify "playing now" on pony songs.