Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Cartoon Shows that need a Reboot

DEEcat98

Duckwing Duck! 

Ducktales is getting a reboot, so why not Darkwing duck? But if they reboot Darkwing they must always follow the number 1 rule, and that rule is that Jim Cummings HAS to do the voice. 

Edited by Phill

I would love to see a reboot of Teen Titans, not the new one, but the original. It would be cool if they came back with them a little older, but still have their youthful traits. It was by far one of the best shows of its time. Others may not agree, but at least they can agree that it is better than the new one.

I would love to see a reboot of Teen Titans, not the new one, but the original. It would be cool if they came back with them a little older, but still have their youthful traits. It was by far one of the best shows of its time. Others may not agree, but at least they can agree that it is better than the new one.

Actually, the overwhelming majority seems to agree with you.

if every new cartoon is going to have the same humour as the new Powerpuff Girls, then I dont want to see any of them. 

Scooby Doo is also awful, I hate the re-designs. Thundercats reboot started off great but got cancelled due to lack of interest =/ but then I think a  lot of 80s and early 90s hero cartoons are long dead. Turtles and Transformers are still going though I guess. But im no fan. 

Disney should go back to making spin off tv cartoons for the big animated films like they used to. 

Invader Zim could do with a reboot, it would do quite well these days now that kids are desensitized from gore. 

CatDog and Rocko may fit today. Swatcats I'd like to see rebooted. and maybe a new series of Xaolin Showdown? I'd like to see that brought back. 

Fosters home needs to come back too. 

Although im very reluctant to really suggest any more because of "writing for kids" and the cheaper CGI animation styles we see today just put me off cartoons..... which is why im drawn to the adult swim/netflix mature stuff. I love the animation of Archer and Bojack Horseman. 

edit: saw it mentioned, but has anyone else noticed how much Care Bears merch has started appearing in toy shops recently??? Is that the first signs of a real reboot? 

Care Bears has been first rebooted in early 2000s, and then again in 2007, and then yet again in 2012.

I'd love to see some of the 90s Disney cartoons make a return; with a modernized DuckTales on the horizon, I'd definitely like to see that followed up with at least TV movies of Recess and Pepper Ann and maybe even stuff like TaleSpin or Darkwing Duck.

I'd also like to see the crew behind the 90s Warner Bros comedies, like Tiny ToonsAnimaniacs, and Freakazoid! get back together to work on an original project in the same style. A lot of them are still active today, but they've worked on more corporate stuff like Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures and The 7D. What's amazing is that we have kids' cartoons that really push the envelope as far as adult and reference humor goes these days, but very few of them where that is actually the focus of the show like with Silver Age WB stuff. We really need them back.

Although I don't fall into that show's fanbase, I'd also love to give a shout-out to Invader Zim. The show was criminally cancelled and fans have continued to show great support for it, and I think the fans deserve to see more, even if it's just one last TV movie. I just hope out-of-touch Nickelodeon gets the memo on what classic shows people actually like.

• Brohoof 1

Has anyone here seen super dave?

I'd watch a reboot of it.  Was my favorite as a kid.

Animaniacs...

This would be my number 2.

Reboots can either lead to disaster or pretty decent. Some cartoon shows I'd consider watching decent reboots of include:

• Teen Titans (NOT Teen Titans Go! *shivers*)

• Codename: KND

• Chalkzone

• Danny Phantom

(edited)
Disney should go back to making spin off tv cartoons for the big animated films like they used to. 

They're starting! this march they start a Tangled tv-show (premiered by a movie) set after the original movie but before the 3D short.

and this fall a Big Hero6 Tv-show!

the 90s/00s spin-offs were pretty basic with bad animation and drawing, but nowdays they take care of it so much more so i have faith

Edited by Tropico
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

FiM gets 7+ seasons and 5+ movies, yet the original show that taught us the true magic of friendship is ditched after 2 seasons U.U

ruby_gloom_ruby_gloom_24650368_649_506.j

Don't get me wrong, I love me some ponyfaggotry and all, but a little variety is something I find myself craving within the genre of "hugbox" cartoons. And Ruby Gloom had something special when it came to the ever-so captivating setting their mansion provided, not to mention the flawed yet diverse cast of characters. Sure, interactions were often cringe-worthy, and many of the comedic elements in the show fell flat, but I think, given a few extra seasons, Ruby Gloom had potential to iron out all its flaws and ascend to true cult classic status. Let the FiM team handle the reboot; it would be GLORIOUS *q*

Edited by ChocolateCrane

• 4 years later...

Well..I did wanted Invader Zim to return, but regretted it. I think it's the new art style that really throws the show off.  Making them more bight and bubbly compared to the original, bold and morbidly doesn't sit too well with the theme. And I think it kinda lost it's charm as well knowing Jhonen did wrote the Florpus movie. As for the comic...eh. I'm not going into that. 

I would love to see a reboot of Beetlejuice for sure though! :kirin: Another shows that I think deserve a reboot is The Mighty Ducks ( the cartoon one with actual ducks playing hockey) and maybe Archie too! 

• 4 weeks later...