Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sombra is THE BOSSEST villain!

ManaMinori

Sombra is, with exception of Discord, my favorite antagonist. The comics made him second. The show was fine, but the comics nailed it!

1. As you note we see him camping outside of the force-field that is protecting the empire. What is good to note is that he isn't actively bashing it like the Changeling's were during the invasion of Canterlot. He is biding his time; waiting for the right moment. Not only that but when an opening does occur he doesn't just rush in. He knows well and good that Princess Cadence, Shining Armor, and the Mane 6 are unknowns to him. In his mind I feel that he doesn't take chances and, as such, would rather wait for victory than rush to failure.

2. Unlike Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis, and Tirek, Sombra took his opponents seriously. While I am sure he enjoyed doing what he did, he rarely showed it. He never laughed in the face of the heroes, nor pronounced his victory when all looked assured. Heck; when Spike had the Crystal Heart he took it upon himself to get it back, only losing by the smallest of margins. As much as I love Chrysalis, she was WAY too confident for her own good.

I never noticed. :o

Sombra is easily my favorite villain. I just wish Hasbro did more with him. He got a little bit of screen time and was then abruptly killed. I would have liked to see his character have more depth and development. He strikes me as a potentially interesting character so i want to know more about him as a pony. His origins, how he became a master of dark magic, and why he went bat shit insane, etc. Hell for all we know Sombra could have just been a normal unicorn pony that had been experimenting with dark magic and due to not fully understanding what he was experimenting with made a mistake and became possessed by dark magic which managed to change him physically and mentally. He could be in a situation similar to how luna was possessed by nightmare moon. Overall i just want him back because what little we saw of Sombra was underwhelming. 

king_sombra_head_on_view_by_hampshireukb

Edited by DayShadow

was there ever any doubt?
i remember hearing some outtales from him on youtube, one ay they just vanished.
it was basically only him speaking, laughing.
such demonic roars was so soul shaking,
even those few lines was enough to send a chill down my spine.
i've always wished, and still wish, that they would bring him back somehow.

Sombra is easily my favorite villain. I just wish Hasbro did more with him. He got a little bit of screen time and was then abruptly killed. I would have liked to see his character have more depth and development. He strikes me as a potentially interesting character so i want to know more about him as a pony. His origins, how he became a master of dark magic, and why he went bat shit insane, etc. Hell for all we know Sombra could have just been a normal unicorn pony that had been experimenting with dark magic and due to not fully understanding what he was experimenting with made a mistake and became possessed by dark magic which managed to change him physically and mentally. He could be in a situation similar to how luna was possessed by nightmare moon. Overall i just want him back because what little we saw of Sombra was underwhelming. 

sig-4841861.king_sombra_head_on_view_by_

Have you read the comics (specifically FIENDship Is Magic)?