Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology have you ever posted here on a device older than the forums?

Denim&Venöm

Yes. Back in 2014 when I started here, I routinely used a series of older devices from our 'bench' at work. Basically old devices that were used to test applications that we built. The oldest mobile device I used was an iPhone 3G. The oldest desktop was an IBM that had OS Warp (it did not like this site much and I have no idea what possessed me to try), and the oldest laptop was a Lenovo from around 2006. 

• Brohoof 1

Yes. Back in 2014 when I started here, I routinely used a series of older devices from our 'bench' at work. Basically old devices that were used to test applications that we built. The oldest mobile device I used was an iPhone 3G. The oldest desktop was an IBM that had OS Warp (it did not like this site much and I have no idea what possessed me to try), and the oldest laptop was a Lenovo from around 2006. 

Wow thoese are some old devices! I didn't even know you could still find IBM's

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro. I don't remember the exact month, but I know for certain that my laptop's model is slightly older than the forums. :)

Of course, I joined here right when it started, so the PC I used then counts. It was from late 2009. I undoubtedly have posted on the laptop I got in late 2010, too.

Well, I did use the forums on my first laptop that I got for free from my grandmother, for a while, before it finally crashed.

And now I have been using a newer computer for at least 2 years if not more.

If my older laptop (I got it as a Christmas present back in 2008) had been able to survive until last year, I could have used it to post here on the forums. Unfortunately, it finally gave out in December 2015, and I've been using my current laptop ever since. My current laptop was purchased in early 2015 but I refused to use it until my old gave out.

I make my posts from a rotary phone.  :P

"*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep* *beeeeeeeeeeeeeep* Rotate to number one to type the letter A..............Rotate to number two to type the letter B.............Rotate to number three to type the letter C........"

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, of course! Everything I have is older than the forums. The newest tech I have is my iPod 5. I'm not sure if that's older or not but I've had it quite a while now. I never use it to go on the forums though, just my clunky old laptop. :pout:  

• 4 months later...

I posted a few posts from my 3rd gen ipod from 2009. I wanted to see how it handled IPB4 and it wasn't half bad. Of course, the screen is underwhelmingly low-res and tiny now compared to large displays pushing high resolutions but the appeal of seeing technology progress in such a way boggles your mind.

• Brohoof 1

Currently am, in fact. This old thing was built in... 2009.