Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which art style did Generation 3 pull off best?

ManaMinori

Contrary to popular belief, g3 had three different "eras", the original (g1),  

img-3228037-2-1834384550_My_Little_Pony_

then came g.5, and then the train wreck that was Newborn Cooties, which we'll call, G5.1. 

img-3228037-3-541547__safe_g3-dot-5_once

which of these three reboots of generation 3 do you guys prefer? Personally, I am fond of both the first and second ones- maybe a bit more on the second style, because the ponies are rounder and cuter. 

• Brohoof 1

I also kinda like the first two for different reasons. 

Twinkle02.png

The second one is more kinetic in a way, smoother in it's animation since it's flash and all. I also like how the characters were given differing original designs. Bright and unique. 

hqdefault.jpg

However, while the initial G3 designs were pretty much color swapped clones, they were creative enough with the colors to make just about everypony look unique, and the colors used were aesthetically appealing. That and the characters themselves, and especially the backgrounds, were the most detailed out of any generation, even more so than G4. 

So it's a tough call. More unique art style vs more detailed art style. 

Each style has its own uniqueness to it except the newborn cuties they are just straight out of a nightmare lol, but the first style is more true to the original mlp style of generation 1 they had the shape and look of real ponies except they are colors ponies and horses would not come in of course lol as for the second style I prefer the figures then the animation due to the figures are cute, but generation 3.5 were meant to be chibified versions of the original 3 style since chibis were such a big thing why not chibifi ponies as well and like I said with the newborn cuties they are just nightmare fuel imagine those entering your bedroom at night seems freddie, chuckie etc have competition now in the horror department.