Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music What kind of music to you listen to?

Silver_Bolt42

I personally love all types of music, from slow and sad, like How Do You Get That Lonely by Blaine Larsen or The Call by Matt Kennon, to loud and unintelligible, like Jeremy by Pearl Jam, and Jekyll and Hyde by Five Finger Death Punch. I also, being a brony, love brony songs so much. I don't think I could survive without my music. How else would I drown out the hum of my beast of a PC and immerse myself entirely within my writing? It also makes it easier to ignore people and gives me an outlet to help deal with my severe mental problems (i.e. depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder).

Brony Songs: All About That Bass Cannon, Discord, September, Gypsy Bard, One Trick Pony, Epic Rap Battles of Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

Best to least favorite

• Rock (all kinds beside country)
  • Jazz/swing
  • Indie rock/pop
  • oldies pop
  • Foreign musics
  • classical/ opera 
  • Steampunk.
  • hip hop
Edited by Satrox
  • Brohoof 1

I personally love all types of music, from slow and sad, like How Do You Get That Lonely by Blaine Larsen or The Call by Matt Kennon, to loud and unintelligible, like Jeremy by Pearl Jam, and Jekyll and Hyde by Five Finger Death Punch. I also, being a brony, love brony songs so much. I don't think I could survive without my music. How else would I drown out the hum of my beast of a PC and immerse myself entirely within my writing? It also makes it easier to ignore people and gives me an outlet to help deal with my severe mental problems (i.e. depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder).

Brony Songs: All About That Bass Cannon, Discord, September, Gypsy Bard, One Trick Pony, Epic Rap Battles of Equestria.

Same here. The only type of music I really do listen to comes from the brony fandom. I enjoy the sound of rain or something equally as calming to get away from my problems.

METAL!!! System of a down, Metalica, Alice in chains, Guns N Roses, The list goes on and on.      
                           /  \
                          |    |
            _            |    |
          /' |            | _  |
         |   |            |    |
         | _ |           |    |
         |   |            |    |
         |   |      __  | _  |
         | _ |  __   /  \ |    |
         |   | /  \ |    ||    |
         |   ||    ||    ||    |       _---.
         |   ||    ||    |. __ |     ./     |
         | _. | -- || -- |    `|    /      //
         |'   |    ||    |     |   /`     (/
         |    |    ||    |     | ./       /
         |    |.--.||.--.|  __ |/       .|
         |  __|    ||    |-'            /
         |-'   \__/  \__/             .|
         |       _.-'                 /
         |   _.-'      /             |
         |            /             /
         |           |             /
         `           |            /
          \          |          /'
           |          `        /
            \                .'
            |                |
            |                |
            |                |
            |                |

• Brohoof 3

METAL!!! System of a down, Metalica, Alice in chains, Guns N Roses, The list goes on and on.      

/  \

|    |

_            |    |

/' |            | _  |

|   |            |    |

| _ |           |    |

|   |            |    |

|   |      __  | _  |

| _ |  __   /  \ |    |

|   | /  \ |    ||    |

|   ||    ||    ||    |       _---.

|   ||    ||    |. __ |     ./     |

| _. | -- || -- |    `|    /      //

|'   |    ||    |     |   /`     (/

|    |    ||    |     | ./       /

|    |.--.||.--.|  __ |/       .|

|  __|    ||    |-'            /

|-'   \__/  \__/             .|

|       _.-'                 /

|   _.-'      /             |

|            /             /

|           |             /

`           |            /

\          |          /'

|          `        /

\                .'

|                |

|                |

|                |

|                |

My mom and step dad listened to System of a Down when I was little. I still do occasionally go back and listen to some of their songs.

• Brohoof 2

Hi, @Silver_Bolt42! Since your thread relates to music, I've moved it next door to Media Discussion and have given it the "Music" prefix. Thank you! :)

To answer your question, I love '80s rock and pop, dubstep, classical, nightcore, and some K-pop/J-Pop. That being said, I am open to other genres. ^^

• Brohoof 2

While I'd listen to pretty much anything, I suppose that the type of music (or genre) that I typically listen to would be: Dark Cabaret, Darkwave/Coldwave, Post-Punk, Steampunk, Neoclassical, Dark Ambient, Witch House, Aggrotech/Dark electro...

• Brohoof 2

I'm quite partial to electronic music, but anything with a decent tune and non-R13-spam lyrics works for me. Electronic seems to be one of the few genres where you get that fairly consistently.

That being said, one of my favourite songs is allegedly 'moombah-core'. I dunno if that's an actual thing though. :confused:

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 1

Dubstep elictric drumstep, there all the same thing and i love it. Hip hop pop poop whatever its called.

Its easier to what music i hate

Country (some can be ok but for the most part they suck)

Metal and jazz(srsly hate these)

Classic and jazz (ya like jazz?)

Dubstep when it has vocals that are wierd and glitchy (remixes are ruined this way)

Orchestra (do i need to say why?)

I love all the songs from fallout 4 so im probably not following my list correctly. LOL

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy listening to video game music though most of the time it has to be without lyrics or generally not an actual song--in other words a theme. There are some video game songs that I love yet these are from over fifteen years ago and have somehow stood the test of time. Also, I enjoy listening to 1980s music as that was the decade I grew up in.

Edited by Ganondorf8
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not good with genres but I sure like jazz and many kinds of electronic music, especially electro swing. Instrumental stuffs are great to listen to as well!

Ballads, rock, easy listening, oldies, the odd pop songs & soundtracks. Classical too, if I'm in the mood.

I can listen to just about anything, but I generally prefer metal.

And since metal is vague, here's some specifics. My favorite metal genres are power metal and stoner metal. I also like death metal, especially when I'm angry or frustrated. Post metal is also great, especially for when you need to be creative or just need something to play in the background. This is getting a little longer than I expected, so if you'd like to know more, shoot me a message and ask away.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

A lot of heavy metal. Mostly center around the traditional, power, and thrash flavors.

Iron Maiden is my all-time favorite band. :love:

Also Helloween. c:

Edited by Fillypino Fried
  • Brohoof 4