Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on the castle shape shifting as the situation calls for?

Unlikeable Pony

So, what are your thoughts on the castle's interior shifting and creating new rooms/altering its interiors based on the wants or needs of those inside of it?

In the Recent Starlight chapter book and in the recent guardians of harmony book the castle created Rooms that didn't exist prior to that point for the characters based on the situation and seemingly created powerful magics/objects for the inhabitants based on their wants-- creating a magical Amplification room for Starlight and a room with a random Deus ex machina armor for twilight)

Do you like the idea of the castle constantly shifting and altering itself to suit the current situation and being able to create objects/spells on the fly, or would you rather the castle be immutable and non-sentient?

Just the books. Hence its still completely soft canon(I.E., virtually non-canon)

Good good. I would prefer that concept stay far away because it sounds like Castle Ex Machina. I like the castle for its design and because it is for Twily, but having it be a product of conveniece in episodes would quickly make me hate it.

So... Twilight's castle is a baby Hogwarts? I think I could live with that.

That is exactly what I thought when I read the title. I thought of the shifting halls and stairs and the Room of Requirement. I agree it would actually be a cool concept

That is exactly what I thought when I read the title. I thought of the shifting halls and stairs and the Room of Requirement. I agree it would actually be a cool concept

So... Twilight's castle is a baby Hogwarts? I think I could live with that.

>Sorting hat gets put on Fluttershy

You go to Hufflepuff

>But I don't want to go to hufflepuff!

YOU WILL GO TO HUFFLEPUFF AND YOU WILL LIKE IT

If Twilight's castle is capable of doing that, I can see the other princesses being a little jealous because their respective castles may not be able to do the same thing.

Young'uns sure have it easy. Back in my day heroes needed to acquire blueprints, gather rare materials, and make their own equipment, or loot it from some dangerous dungeon. Now you just have to rub your butt against some magic crystal and voilà!

I don't mind it changing shape. I do mind it generating deus ex machinas. This ability needs to be retconned into oblivion never to be used or mentioned ever again.

P.S: If sentience and shape-shifting are indeed this structure's attributes, then surely it could protect itself from unwanted guests with traps and labyrinths. Brb, acquiring a tinfoil hat.

• Brohoof 1

Young'uns sure have it easy. Back in my day heroes needed to acquire blueprints, gather rare materials, and make their own equipment, or loot it from some dangerous dungeon. Now you just have to rub your butt against some magic crystal and voilà!

I don't mind it changing shape. I do mind it generating deus ex machinas. This ability needs to be retconned into oblivion never to be used or mentioned ever again.

P.S: If sentience and shape-shifting are indeed this structure's attributes, then surely it could protect itself from unwanted guests with traps and labyrinths. Brb, acquiring a tinfoil hat.

Clearly this means it viewed the Changeling imposters as being better friends than the mane six then!

Technically Harry Potter beat them to the punch for a castle that has a room that does that, but the context is a bit different. 

But just shifting rooms around n stuff doesn't sound highly interesting. Like, it didn't even turn the dial to 11. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UpToElevenAnd I can imagine some crazy stuff, but this is akids show don't wanna weird em out too much, but yeah technically Hogwarts kinda beat this to the punch, just a little, and maybe even that wasn't original.

Clearly this means it viewed the Changeling imposters as being better friends than the mane six then!

Nah, writers and higher ups just don't give a shit for consistency. They wanted Go Where to Suck Again and they made it. They need to solve something in 22 min while peddling merchandise and by Jove they pull something out of Celestia's behind (no wonder she's been feeling so weak lately)! If something needs to happen it will happen no matter what ... Which is not entirely bad if you think about it at this point in time :P

I have a hunch these kidnappings and OP items of plot are not the last stupid shit we'll be seeing from their deus ex department. I mean, they turned Twilight into a bucking golden snowplow instead of giving her some fancy princess barding. This thing is on He-Man's Dragon Walker level of retardedness. At least movie designs look functional.

(edited)

Nah, writers and higher ups just don't give a shit for consistency. They wanted Go Where to Suck Again and they made it. They need to solve something in 22 min while peddling merchandise and by Jove they pull something out of Celestia's behind (no wonder she's been feeling so weak lately)! If something needs to happen it will happen no matter what ... Which is not entirely bad if you think about it at this point in time :P

I have a hunch these kidnappings and OP items of plot are not the last stupid shit we'll be seeing from their deus ex department. I mean, they turned Twilight into a bucking golden snowplow instead of giving her some fancy princess barding. This thing is on He-Man's Dragon Walker level of retardedness. At least movie designs look functional.

Ironically, Fosgitt did a better job for the mane six's armor. Granted, he did THAT by blatantly stealing a fan's design, but still XD

I wish price had done more "artistic interpretation" of his rendition like fosgitt had, I.E., ignoring the toy and just trying to make it look cool.

large.png

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

Ironically, Fosgitt did a better job for the mane six's armor. Granted, he did THAT by blatantly stealing a fan's design, but still XD

I wish price had done more "artistic interpretation" of his rendition like fosgitt had, I.E., ignoring the toy and just trying to make it look cool.

Clicked Horse News to see if they already know. Wasn't' disappointed. This is getting out of hand. IDW should compensate the owner and keep their stray brush on a leash. Jay must pay.

I agree. These designs are way better, though the nerd in me is screaming at the sight of all those exposed organs, but the nerd in me is always screaming so buck him. I'll take what I can get. However, that snowplow armor is H-Bro's fault. Price could make it better in the comic, but it would still be shit at its core. One does not simply sweep, sweep, sweep the changelings out of Ponyville.

Clicked Horse News to see if they already know. Wasn't' disappointed. This is getting out of hand. IDW should compensate the owner and keep their stray brush on a leash. Jay must pay.

I agree. These designs are way better, though the nerd in me is screaming at the sight of all those exposed organs, but the nerd in me is always screaming so buck him. I'll take what I can get. However, that snowplow armor is H-Bro's fault. Price could make it better in the comic, but it would still be shit at its core. One does not simply sweep, sweep, sweep the changelings out of Ponyville.

well price could have just ignored the toy's design (like fosgitt did) and had the Tong things just be Magical hard light or something that twilight summoned to hit someone with once and then were forgotten about.

As for the copying, the artist is overjoyed at his designs being used, so its just a blackspot on Fosgitt being lazy, not a legal morass. It just shows how lazy he is that he copies so much (like the cut and pasted whisk cutie mark)

well price could have just ignored the toy's design (like fosgitt did) and had the Tong things just be Magical hard light or something that twilight summoned to hit someone with once and then were forgotten about.

As for the copying, the artist is overjoyed at his designs being used, so its just a blackspot on Fosgitt being lazy, not a legal morass. It just shows how lazy he is that he copies so much (like the cut and pasted whisk cutie mark)

Single panel single use magical hard light. I like this loophole. What I don't like is that this damn thing even exists because when there's one, others might follow. Also, that chicken cannon is really pushing it. My poor Jimmies are so rustled!

More power to the artist, I guess. Still, what Jay did must be dragged onto daylight and mocked intensively. Too bad our most prominent sites are all puff. It's up to shitlords, as always. One would think that quality is of primary concern to our fandom helmspersons.

One thing I will say: I don't particularly like the idea of the castle being like a giant mass of playdough that changes its shape on a whim, but I WOULD like for there to be SOMETHING that it would reveal or open up in secret for the six later on.

I think the map is 100% underwhelming and seemingly pretty pointless so far, especially as a replacement for the EOH. So I'd very much enjoy it if they put some bigger map missions in front of the six, with the castle opening up a secret Subchamber or whatnot at the end of a season as a revelation that the table's purpose was both for them to help out equestria AND as a test of sorts for them to undergo before gifting some objects that were stored inside of it to them. (Like I wouldn't mind armor being gifted to them that functioned not unlike their power pony abilities).

But I'd want that to be "It" and it to be a room that always existed and wasn't *created*, so that was the only secret in the castle, and there's nothing else there for them.

One thing I will say: I don't particularly like the idea of the castle being like a giant mass of playdough that changes its shape on a whim, but I WOULD like for there to be SOMETHING that it would reveal or open up in secret for the six later on.

I think the map is 100% underwhelming and seemingly pretty pointless so far, especially as a replacement for the EOH. So I'd very much enjoy it if they put some bigger map missions in front of the six, with the castle opening up a secret Subchamber or whatnot at the end of a season as a revelation that the table's purpose was both for them to help out equestria AND as a test of sorts for them to undergo before gifting some objects that were stored inside of it to them. (Like I wouldn't mind armor being gifted to them that functioned not unlike their power pony abilities).

But I'd want that to be "It" and it to be a room that always existed and wasn't *created*, so that was the only secret in the castle, and there's nothing else there for them.

But-but-but how will the rest of the powerful unicorns stay relevant at this pace?! The chosen bearers of EoH and destined protectors of Equestria can't be the only ones benefiting from the very structure that symbolizes EoH! That doesn't even make sense! And since I've run out of ideas I'll say "FRIENDSHIP!" because, damn it, that means I'm right!

Yeah, anyhow, the Map should only be used for overarching plot connected to the big bad. Turn every non-issue they've solved until now into Castle's system check that needed to be performed before it truly got online. Then I guess our worthy pones can get some magical girl thingamajigs and go play Foaltron Paladins or something along that line. That's it. And if they want to make another powerful item, then they should place that item somewhere else, preferably into a very dark dungeon.

And before some slice-o-lifer looses their shit: friendship non-issues are not the problem. Using the Map to make them happen is. It devalues the Castle's importance and pictures Equestria as a saccharine utopia where you get a relationship problem once per month. You can have all the non-issues you want, just not with the Map.

I hope there comes a new castle. It is so ugly. A giant treehouse! :P I don't like it at all.

Doubtful, at least for a LONG time. That castle was created for a fairly specific purpose, to "Officially"  make twilight a princess in equestria-- if they destroy the castle they'd be essentially destroying the anchor they created for twilight's purpose (As the Castle map is essentially like how Celestia' oversees the sun and Cadence oversees the heart, a purpose for her domain).

In order for them to destroy the castle without massively chipping away at the foundation of twilight's Princessness having legitimacy as a plot point, they'd need to introduce something to immediately take its place, and it hasn't been NEAR enough time since the castle was formed.