Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A time you've felt lonely?

Zyrael

Literally every second of every day, but I probably had the worst of it during my year of college. Being surrounded by literally thousands of people, zero of whom couldn't care less about you, is an incredibly lonely feeling. It's a good thing I started watching MLP and discovered the forums around then. I'm still lonely, but at least I don't feel quite as invisible as I did in college. Who knows what would've happened if I never decided to watch the show last fall. Probably nothing good.

• 1 month later...

I honestly never feel lonely; there's always someone around. But last year I was all alone in my brother's theater in the middle of the night, up to my neck in work I wasn't qualified to do and I couldn't go home until it was done. This wasn't a matter of heartbreak obviously, but it was one of the only times I felt truly and completely alone in the world and utterly depressed. So guess what I did, I sat on the stage in the pitch-darkness, plugged in my laptop and hung out here with all you ponies. It really helped. 

Yeah. I've gotten so lonely at one time in my life that it was having tangible, physiological effects on me.

Thankfully, I'm past that point in my life and hoping it stays that way. 

What I can say about this is that you only lose when you give up. So don't. If you're feeling like nothing is working then it's time to think about doing things differently. If you feel as though it goes against who you are then maybe that's exactly the problem. Think of it this way: we are all unique and in a sense, that means we are all mutations. But not all mutations are viable. This is what nature is and from it we are not exempt. But you can become a different mutation -- a viable mutation -- by changing yourself, by working on yourself, by adapting yourself. If you're at a point where you'd rather be dead then what's really the point of staying as you are? If your current identity* wants to cease to exist then kill that identity instead of your body. Identities can be replaced. Dead bodies cannot. The mind is a terrible thing to waste but the body even more so in this case. 

This is exactly what I've done and I regret nothing. All I can warn is that things could have gone terribly wrong in the process and that nothing was guaranteed but I took that leap of faith.

*An important caveat here. By "identity" I mean all the ideas by which you define yourself as. I'm only talking about character traits and your outlook on life -- "the soul", in a sense. Strictly excluded are fixed physical traits such as race and sexual orientation -- things that cannot be changed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I feel lonely all the time, even though some People on here are actually trying to talk to me but at a certain Point i just dont know what to say anymore and the conversations stop, so it s my own fault.

• 2 weeks later...

Correct my old response to this: I'm two feet from my BF and I feel more lonely than I have in a long time. *sigh* It's like he isn't there anymore, and when I try to cuddle with him or anything he either semi-violently shrugs me off, totally acts like I'm not there, or actually legit walks away from me. Yeah, this could be a potential problem... :dry:

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

28 minutes ago, Ayyngel Dust said:

Correct my old response to this: I'm two feet from my BF and I feel more lonely than I have in a long time. *sigh* It's like he isn't there anymore, and when I try to cuddle with him or anything he either semi-violently shrugs me off, totally acts like I'm not there, or actually legit walks away from me. Yeah, this could be a potential problem... :dry:

Uh...yeah, that sounds like a problem alright :unsure:

And does all the time now count for "A time"? Something recently changed to the point of which just hearing people say the words "my partner" makes me depressed and lonely.

54 minutes ago, Bas said:

Certainly not a relexpert myself lol, but he sounds angry or frustrated with something, or uncofmrtable . Give him some time and/or confront him about that.

He has manic depression and pretty bad mood swings sometimes, and that seems to have been it. Just this one he was a little upset at me, for a reasonable issue in hindsight. He felt like I was totally ignoring his suggestions for our relationship. I gave him some time after writing that, and it just seems to be a thing that comes and goes. And from what I can tell, I certainly help it do the latter. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...